C&C mods

ganein14

if you want more of a "Classic" C&C like Tiberium Dawn, uhhh theres a mod called "Tiberian Dawn" and "Tiberian History"

Kane's Waffles also has a pretty decent mini-mod called "One Vision". Unfortunately other than TE and TF....... There isn't a whole lot of quality mods for Tibwars. I'm really looking forward to Tibsun Redux and Tibsun Rising though.

I COULD however recommend Contra and Rise of the Reds for Generals + Zero Hour, along with "The Red Alert" for Red Alert 3.

if you have Oranges (Origin)

for C&C 3 make a MODS folder in your "C:\Users\Username\Documents\Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars" folder, and extract the core mod folder (E.G. For the Forgotten mod, my path would be "C:\Users\ra29985\Documents\Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Mods\Mutant".

you should get the fixed launchers from Bibber's website in order to use the Game Browser that came with C&C 3. However for the Wrath of Kane (without waffles), you'll need to download a launcher named "WrathEd Mod Launcher", and put that in the "C:\Users\Username\Documents\Command and Conquer 3 Kanes Wrath" folder, and there ya' go, you can now play mods using EA's shitty system.

for the Generals series, just back up your unmodded folder 3 times (you need a folder for each mod you install + your vanilla folder)

get the bibber launchers, and install the mods into each one of the COPIES of the vanilla folders. I keep all my mods in a folder, and rename each folder to the corresponding mod, until I have to swap up the mods. so for example, I'd keep shockwave as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Generals Mods\Command and Conquer Shockwave", as well as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Generals Mods\Command and Conquer Contra".

DO NOT modify your vanilla folder (unless you want to have to install the game from scratch again), so I'd leave that folder as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Generals Mods\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour". whenever you want to switch mods, just move the folders around from the Origin folder, to the mod folder you made wherever you put it.

Oh and of course you'll have to rename the "modded" folders back to "Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour" when you switch up mods, and then rename the folder you're taking out to something else, or the mod name, otherwise Origin wont read the folder as the game.

Edited by MPRA2