Was I supposed to be able to get here?

GaryOak

In continuance of my (now fixed) discovery of terrain in CanyonRiver; Was I supposed to be able to get here?

20930687_10213427065489029_1896614252_o.

It doesn't really provide any tactical usage, sadly, but it didn't feel very intentional. Looks like I can see some end-map glitches?

On that note, guess the map

13 hours ago, Pushwall said:

Just took a look at this and there's actually plenty of tactical abusage here. Access to this area is unintended, so will fix.

I actually took another look and have to conclude that soviet rocket soldier can actually easily bomb the War Factory and even the barracks from there, provided they kill the pb first

So yeah I'd have to agree :D

On 8/18/2017 at 8:22 AM, GaryOak said:

I actually took another look and have to conclude that soviet rocket soldier can actually easily bomb the War Factory and even the barracks from there, provided they kill the pb first

It's actually worse than that. Or it was, it's fixed now.

38 minutes ago, Pushwall said:

It's actually worse than that. Or it was, it's fixed now.

Hmm, what was so bad about it then?

Now that it's fixed, I suppose you can tell us right? lol

12 hours ago, Einstein said:

I think I'm falling down on my testing duties... I discovered this like a year ago and just ignored it because I also thought it was useless at the time :v

Good thinking to report it though Gary!

Well all credits to Push who was the first to actually see the tactical dangers xD

2 minutes ago, GaryOak said:

Hmm, what was so bad about it then?

Now that it's fixed, I suppose you can tell us right? lol

I already posted it in the changelog thread, but I might as well here too. Volkov could bombard the WF/bar with kovtillery while sitting in the divots on top of the cliff and being unsnipable. So the only way to counter him would have been one-in-a-million arty blindfire, or knowing how to get up there and bringing a Tanya or Medic at which point he can just camp that ramp with the shotgun anyway.