Age of Empires IV

MPRA2

So, I just found out today that everyone's favorite Wololo simulator is finally getting it's fourth installment into the franchise.

The boys over at Relic (The team behind the Company of Heroes franchise) Will be steamrolling through development just for Windows 10 and Xbox one, and of course, I have to add this to the ever growing list of games that I'll never be able to play because I refuse, and do not have the ability to upgrade to Windurs 10.

Saw it on a review tech page for some reason and they said is from the creators of (Moba) Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 3 and (not so good) Company of Heroes 2. But I remember these 2 games has pay to unlock units/armies. Dawn of War 3 and CoH was a huge disappointment for me personally.

I didn't think they'd actually do it but it was a nice surprise certainly. If they are following the timelines correctly, it's likely they may do the 19th century but they are pushing it. The AoE2 and AoE3 remasters are also certainly a surprise but I don't know if I'll buy AoE2 again just for prettier graphics I wonder if this means that AoE2HD is NOT receiving another expansion at all? The DLC entry over at Steamdb continues to be a mystery.

From the trailer, it seems like its going to be like AoE III in the colonial era, since you saw slides of the Brits and Americans fighting each other in revolutionary war attire, and I'm sure there will be Indian/Native Campaigns as well. Or they might actually go from AoE II - possibly the WWI period (I dunno, just thoughts.)

As for the Steam edition of AoE II HD, I'm sure they'll still make DLC for the game.

The only plausible reason to them having to launch it on Windows 10, is because of Direct X 12, just like Halo Wars 2..... Apparently the new DX12 cant run on Windows 7 and 8....

Edited by MPRA2

Say what you will about Relic, Windows Store, Windows 10 exclusive, etc. but I am at least thankful that Microsoft still sees AoE as a franchise worth maintaining, especially in the midst of the already struggling RTS genre. I am personally excited for AoE Definitive Edition and am also pessimistically optimistic about AoE IV.

11 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

Tell that to lazy handling of Age of Mythology Extended.

AoM EE is actually quite okay and I have no serious complaints about it. The Tale of the Dragon expansion on the other hand...

2 hours ago, BigJoe said:

AoM EE is actually quite okay and I have no serious complaints about it.

Recently, a petition was made (hear me out on this one) to MS, Skybox and Forgotten Empires to fix AoMEE in its entirety, and someone from those companies responded that the list was quite extensive, and that they should divide the demands to priorities. This is the priority list the community came up with, which kinda tells how broken it is.

A lot of those errors are either rather specific (OBS breaking in options menu) or multiplayer related. I never played AoM online in either of it's formats (original retail or extended edition) and usually stick to campaigns and skirmish, so the chances of me running into most of these EE bugs are pretty low. It's unfortunate for those who are committed to the game and the games community to have to deal with these issues, but my overall experience with AoM EE has been positive. I suppose the only thing I can say is that, for the sake of the dedicated players, I hope these bugs get squashed at some point soon.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:37 PM, MPRA2 said:

From the trailer, it seems like its going to be like AoE III in the colonial era, since you saw slides of the Brits and Americans fighting each other in revolutionary war attire, and I'm sure there will be Indian/Native Campaigns as well. Or they might actually go from AoE II - possibly the WWI period (I dunno, just thoughts.)

As for the Steam edition of AoE II HD, I'm sure they'll still make DLC for the game.

The only plausible reason to them having to launch it on Windows 10, is because of Direct X 12, just like Halo Wars 2..... Apparently the new DX12 cant run on Windows 7 and 8....

I'm pretty sure the trailer was just showing where all the previous games had taken the player, the way its worded makes it sound like it'll be a new age now. It really wouldn't make sense for them to make another game in any of the already existing eras being M$ announced they are HD remastering all 3 of the games (even 2HD).