just a simple question

Nakros

its just a simple question i have both tiberian sun reborn and C&C renegade on my pc is there a way for me to take the tiberian sun reborn skins and replace the C&C renegade ones(even the vehicle skins too)? because i got a C&C renegade mod in moddb site where i can play with bots in multiplayer maps soo since tiberian sun reborn doesnt have maps with bots yet i want to do this(is there only one map with bots but its super small and after a few minutes it crashes my game),if i can do this which files i need to replace the renegade ones? thanks in advance.

On 9/9/2017 at 5:25 PM, AZ-Stalker said:

Which mod did you get off ModDB?

I think his referring to an addon I created long ago. There was at least 4 maps with bots which I re-import it in, add bots, tank waypoints  and export it out back.

http://www.moddb.com/games/cc-renegade/addons

On 9/9/2017 at 3:37 PM, Nakros said:

bots in multiplayer maps soo since tiberian sun reborn doesnt have maps with bots yet i want to do this(is there only one map with bots but its super small and after a few minutes it crashes my game),if i can do this which files i need to replace the renegade ones? thanks in advance.

From my experience is not so easy if you coming from no understanding how video games level editor work. However, so far I think Reborn only have 1 map with bots is the infantry map only I cannot recall what name was it but I do recall it being played in Infantry Beta.

5 hours ago, Kaskins said:

I think his referring to an addon I created long ago. There was at least 4 maps with bots which I re-import it in, add bots, tank waypoints  and export it out back.

http://www.moddb.com/games/cc-renegade/addons

From my experience is not so easy if you coming from no understanding how video games level editor work. However, so far I think Reborn only have 1 map with bots is the infantry map only I cannot recall what name was it but I do recall it being played in Infantry Beta.

nope thats not the link,i got this one http://www.moddb.com/mods/reaperrrs-multimod-20 really cool even if is only a few maps...anyways i know its not an easy task right...yea reborn have only one map with bots and crashes my game after a few minutes of gaming,but what i want to know here is if i can replace the C&C renegade skins with the tiberian sun reborn skins both infantry and vehicles.

• 2 months later...

Thats not an easy thing to do at all unfortunately. The models are 100% different, so if they did happen to load up at all without majorly crashing, there would be lots and lots of weird stretching on everything and it would look quite terrible. Unless I misunderstand what you're asking, the only way to achieve this would be to either re-skin everything to be themed the way you want (which isn't terribly difficult) or to import the models+textures, for which you would need to be given creator permission because you're using assets outside their original intended scope at that point.

Hope that helps answer your question!

On 11/12/2017 at 2:11 PM, Einstein said:

Thats not an easy thing to do at all unfortunately. The models are 100% different, so if they did happen to load up at all without majorly crashing, there would be lots and lots of weird stretching on everything and it would look quite terrible. Unless I misunderstand what you're asking, the only way to achieve this would be to either re-skin everything to be themed the way you want (which isn't terribly difficult) or to import the models+textures, for which you would need to be given creator permission because you're using assets outside their original intended scope at that point.

Hope that helps answer your question!

Reported for necroposting :v

• 2 weeks later...