20 minutes ago, Mihaita12 said:

Why?

There is still a lot of stuff to be done. Not all infantry are ready and the maps need an update badly. Beyond that, balancing issues need to be tested and resolved and a new game mechanic needs to be finalised, tested, and polished.

1 hour ago, Nodlied said:

the maps need an update badly.

Those pesky APB standards, eh? :)

Let me know when AR - or TSR - approach a release, I'll reserve some time then to do a one-off contribution, should assets be made publicly available.

I would have already done something for APB by now but the idle times aren't encouraging.

Edited by Raap

17 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

That's fair. Just this Saturday I did enjoy some nice matches in the APB server, and that's from just randomly going to the stats page and seeing people were online.

Don't get me wrong, I could produce a standard map quickly enough. But anything with custom gameplay or sensitive things that haven't been tested in live play for a very long time (horizontal "elevator" logic for example) requires access to a sizable playerbase for a verification test under pressure. Given that is presently a no-go, I no longer really knew on how to proceed to finish a map which's entire revamp conceptually revolved around this "new" means of transportation - my last test was literally a decade ago under low pressure.

Now, I always got a plan B or even C. W3D's greatest strength (one could argue it is the sole reason W3D projects still exist with so many alternatives available), is the ease of changing up mechanics by re-purposing other assets or scripts relatively quickly. So in this case I could drop elevator logic for vehicles with complicated function checks, or fall back to good old teleporters, the bane of all things gameplay immersion. But, hey, backup plans are never perfect.

Anyhow, end of topic hijack! 

Edited by Raap

On 12/11/2017 at 5:45 PM, Nodlied said:

There is still a lot of stuff to be done. Not all infantry are ready and the maps need an update badly. Beyond that, balancing issues need to be tested and resolved and a new game mechanic needs to be finalised, tested, and polished.

How did you know all of these?

Because that's probably something beyond his ability to do, and therefore finds other ways to contribute to the project. Lead tester is not the same as programmer. Though feel free to correct me on that higher ups.