Hi everyone!

Hello everyone,

Long time C&C Renegade and other C&C games player, and former developer here. It's nice to see some familiar faces around here. I'm glad I found this place. I recently got back into gaming and development, and I'm trying to piece together my maps that I left unfinished from a few years ago. I've been looking all over the web and anywhere I knew from before for Renegade development tutorials to refresh myself, but I've found nothing. It seems a lot of those old tutorials, and even some new ones are available here. I'm working on a tutorial for Renegade mapping myself so I don't forget how to do this down the line. I'll be visiting this place often for tutorials! 

Hey Trunks, welcome back! If you're looking to get into mapmaking and developing for the games here, the dev team is hiring. @moonsense715 (formerly dtrngd) and @Pushwall can give you more details in that regard; although, any of the dev team reading this can. Looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

7 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Hi trunkskgb! Did you go by another name? Not sure I recognize you. Welcome back!

Nope, been trunkskgb in Renegade since beta. I've used other variations over the years, but most of the time it was when I was in a clan/guild. 

17 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Hi trunkskgb! Did you go by another name? Not sure I recognize you. Welcome back!

IIRC he was around MultiPlayerForums (MPF) in the early days of APB when MPF had a server going for it. 2012-ish?

Hi trunkskgb!

I'm glad you find the tutorial base useful. I copied a lot of them over from the original renhelp websites so they wouldn't get lost. Now those sites are down, so glad I did. And yes we added a ton more that never existed before.

If you are missing a tutorial on something, please let me know. We should have an answer to anything engine/game related.

And yes as the others stated, we are indeed looking for developers, especially mappers at this moment. So if you are interested, let me know!

@ChopBam A few variations of my name, AnnexTrunks, BmTrunks, [TD]Trunks, etc. I've preferred fan maps when possible, so I didn't stay on WW for too long.

@Jeod You're right, but the last time I played APB was when it was 1st launched, and Volkovs shot those weird tank shells with Ramjets, and I think they jumped funny if I remember, but yes, MPF from about '12 to '14.

@FRAYDO Player, moderator, and dev yes. Good to see you too mate!

@moonsense715 The main reason I joined is because of those old tutorials. I'm glad you saved them too, I spent yesterday copying and saving them all myself. I'd love to develop more, but my time is limited. I'll keep your offer in mind though :)

• 2 weeks later...