[Game Over-Warmonger Victory] Cuban Missile Crisis Mafia

OrangeP47

23 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Your questions and lack of knowledge of General game mechanics from earlier in the thread would have been shown in a scum doc.

You know.... putting myself in scum shoes, if I was a scumbuddy with Shade, I might ask him to post his newbie questions in the thread to mislead people like you. I can assure you I'm not his scumbuddy, nor anybody's scumbuddy, but I'm putting this out there so you don't underestimate the wiles of the baddies. I guess I'm also just really paranoid to be thinking like this.

The main reason I think Shade is town is because I don't think Orange would put an obviously new player through that kind of gauntlet, even though Orange himself had a pretty good first play as scum. My secondary reasoning involves the way he's playing and talking, which I suppose is related to what you're saying about newbie questions, my paranoia aside. Shade's alignment can be revisited later if we run out of options, but currently Shade is at the bottom of my suspicion list.

On 11/28/2017 at 1:38 PM, ChopBam said:

who knows, we might strike gold.

On 11/28/2017 at 5:04 PM, OrangeP47 said:

The leader of the free world is dead!

10 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Cat 5 is found dead in the hallway, murdered in the night!

10 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

World Tension is at 40

Top kek.

At this rate, we're basically handing the game to the Warmongers.

Let's take a look at our situation then. Since we are down two Americans townies, we can surmise that ChopBam may well be our American scum. Jeod could be as well, but between he and Chop I'm leaning toward ChopBam.

However, ChopBam is not my only suspicious person at this time. I'm looking at you, Irish. Initially, you did not want to give a list of characters fearing that scum would take advantage of it.

On 11/28/2017 at 4:27 PM, TheIrishman said:

I was tempted to post a compiled list of potential characters and their possible roles, assuming this is historically accurate, but I decided against it since if I did publicly post that, it'd only give scum a list of characters to choose from.

Then you go around today and post this.

10 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

So list of scum suspects. Captain Valentin Grigorievitch Savitsky, Political Officer Ivan Semonovich Maslennikov, Fidel Castro, General Lyman Lemnizter, maybe General Curtis LeMay, and maybe General Edward Lansdale

I suppose I just want to get your line of thinking. What changed your mind?

5 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

Let's take a look at our situation then. Since we are down two Americans townies, we can surmise that ChopBam may well be our American scum. Jeod could be as well, but between he and Chop I'm leaning toward ChopBam.

Your process of elimination reasoning assumes too much and is unconvincing at best. All you're guaranteeing, FRAYDO, is that scum will leave me alone tonight. If you're a cop, or anybody's a cop, by all means investigate me tonight and clear my name.

8 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

I'm going to step in right here. I asked Irish for a list of scum suspects myself, since I wanted the possibilities laid out before me without allowing scum to find a town role to claim. So if him posting that list is your reason for suspicion, I'm partly to blame.

8 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

Hold on there, cowboy. We don't even know the nationalities of Irish, Retaliation, or you, so we can't really make that sort of judgement yet. Also, why do you suspect Chopbam?

I'm currently thinking alongside Category's earlier reasoning of suspected mafia roles.

On 11/28/2017 at 1:17 AM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

a Military Leader that thinks they can win out right

and at this moment I am convinced ChopBam fits this description. Two Americans down, Jeod claimed American and strongly suggesting McCarthy who was very much anti-communist, myself being American; this leads me currently to believe ChopBam is our American scum.

3 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

I'm currently thinking alongside Category's earlier reasoning of suspected mafia roles.

and at this moment I am convinced ChopBam fits this description. Two Americans down, Jeod claimed American and strongly suggesting McCarthy who was very much anti-communist, myself being American; this leads me currently to believe ChopBam is our American scum.

I suggested McCarthy to Nodlied as a jab, not as a hint to my role. My statement that I was gay for Kennedy, however, was a hint to my role and I presume Cat5 picked up on it. Are there seriously no cop/tracker/watcher reports on any players?

4 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Okay, so thanks for telling me your nationality. Irish and Retaliation are the only ones left to come forward. Irish has chosen to abstain and Retaliation has flat-out ignored my request.

I don't think Jeod is Joseph McCarthy simply because McCarthy died five years before the missile crisis again.

As far as ChopBam goes, was that due to process of elimination alone or is there actual evidence you have to present?

18 hours ago, Killing You said:

Because I'm Russian? I never denied being a Soviet, I simply stated that I am Russian. In fact, I listed myself and Shade as "Soviet (Russian)" since I'll likely be using "Soviet (Cuban)" later. It's not a "staunch claim," it's a simple clarification. I don't understand where this is coming from.

So which is it? Do you claim Russian or Soviet? There's a difference between them you know.

17 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Don't play as a Kennedy in a mafia game. It's just bad news, man.

Like the historical character, Voe got sniped early. And like the good old historical tradition, Voe got lynched on D1. It just had to happen. (And to be fair, lynching Voe on D1 is a win in my book no matter what game it is. :v) 

In any case, I too am interested in all nationalities in the game. If we can pull them all down then we'd be able to calculate the potential enemies in the game. And we better be quick about it as we're at 40% of hot stuff below our feet.

4 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I suggested McCarthy to Nodlied as a jab, not as a hint to my role. My statement that I was gay for Kennedy, however, was a hint to my role and I presume Cat5 picked up on it. Are there seriously no cop/tracker/watcher reports on any players?

I have a theory that we don't have any cop/tracker/watcher roles in game and instead our role PM's themselves were supposed to basically serve that purpose.

I'm going to avoid the nationality question for now, as the fact that nationality is given as part of your roles makes me suspect it's important for something. So instead, I'll reveal that I'm a diplomat.

I currently expect all players will fit into one of these roles: Diplomats, Military Leaders, and Naval Officers. I think we'll find one Mafia in each of those categories. Currently thinking 3 Mafia. GM basically described the motivations for three different people and would fit the motivations of the people I think would most likely be Mafia. A Diplomat who doesn't want to back down, a Military Leader that thinks they can win out right, and a Naval Officer who would rather just let the world burn.

That's just spitballing based on how I think I'd setup a game based on this theme, though. It just makes sense to me. We don't know how far ahistorical OrangeP47 has set this game, though my character seems pretty much historical.

Cat 5 seemed to be quite well informed about the type of Scum that would be in game without using any abilities.

Just now, Nodlied said:

So which is it? Do you claim Russian or Soviet? There's a difference between them you know.

Alright I'll make this easy for you.

Officially, my PM tells me that I'm Soviet. However, I know that my role is from Russia specifically, which is why I said Russian. 

Just now, Killing You said:

Alright I'll make this easy for you.

Officially, my PM tells me that I'm Soviet. However, I know that my role is from Russia specifically, which is why I said Russian. 

Right then, thanks for clearing that up.

20 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Since we seem to have a lot of Americans in this game, and with you zeroing in on me, you seem to be hinting that you think you know more than you're letting on. If you're a cop and want to stay hidden, I urge you to check your sanity before throwing suspicion around, and this goes for anybody else who might be a cop too.

Well, after giving it some thought I'm going to go ahead and reveal one of my role abilities, mostly because I don't think it would be as worthwhile to keep it hidden as it would be to go ahead and reveal it to everyone. At the very least, I don't think that Scum are going to target me for an ability that I'd only use on other players after learning what abilities they have first.

One of my abilities is the ability to actually rearm a target, which let's me restock any one shot abilities they have so they can use them again.

On 11/28/2017 at 10:51 PM, Killing You said:

Fair enough. I think you should do so, but only post who you think scum could be. My goal is to build a rubric that can assist us in dissecting the setup and rooting out the scum.

13 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

However, ChopBam is not my only suspicious person at this time. I'm looking at you, Irish. Initially, you did not want to give a list of characters fearing that scum would take advantage of it.

Then you go around today and post this.

6 hours ago, Jeod said:

I'm waiting on Irish to answer FRAYDO, as I happen to completely agree with his line of reasoning towards suspecting Irish of skullduggery.

5 hours ago, Killing You said:

I'm going to step in right here. I asked Irish for a list of scum suspects myself, since I wanted the possibilities laid out before me without allowing scum to find a town role to claim. So if him posting that list is your reason for suspicion, I'm partly to blame.

Hold on there, cowboy. We don't even know the nationalities of Irish, Retaliation, or you, so we can't really make that sort of judgement yet. Also, why do you suspect Chopbam?

Guys, keep in mind I usually work until ~4:00 EST (depends if they have me stay later) Monday-Friday if you're ever waiting on an answer. Except this tomorrow, I'm off, but I work all day Saturday.

So FRAYDO, I said that I was opposed to giving a list of potential characters and their roles, assuming it was historically accurate. That list would've included BOTH Town and Scum, but the reason I refrained was because, while it might've helped us decide who was Town or Scum based on their characters, it also would've added a list of characters that Scum could claim to be. Then KY asked for a list of just potential Scum characters which he claimed could help us, and I didn't see how that could hurt us either so I did, especially if we have a cop that can find out peoples' names.

2 hours ago, Killing You said:

Okay, so thanks for telling me your nationality. Irish and Retaliation are the only ones left to come forward. Irish has chosen to abstain and Retaliation has flat-out ignored my request.

I don't think Jeod is Joseph McCarthy simply because McCarthy died five years before the missile crisis again.

As far as ChopBam goes, was that due to process of elimination alone or is there actual evidence you have to present?

With only two people left who haven't exposed their alignments, if there is someone with an alignment oriented goal, it'd be pretty easy to guess so I'll just throw it out there. I'm an American too. If we want to avoid giving the imaginary TP (imaginary, because we don't know if they exist in this game) too much of an advantage in the next warmonger game, like Cat 5 said, we shouldn't be so hasty to line ourselves up as targets.

13 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

t's take a look at our situation then. Since we are down two Americans townies, we can surmise that ChopBam may well be our American scum. Jeod could be as well, but between he and Chop I'm leaning toward ChopBam.

Right now we have ChopBam, Jeod, Nodlied, you, and me as American townies. Chop, Jeod, and you are roughly tied in suspicion. First Chop having that air force general, even though he claims ignorance, and then his quick collaboration with KY, provided KY flips scum. For you and Jeod, you both mostly sat back until called to do so, you being more excusable considering you weren't aware it started. You immediately went on the prowl for scum, but you missed several things like KY asking me to post the Scum suspects and the fact that Nodlied is American (mentioned twice). It's not much, but you're usually pretty observant. With Jeod, I'm probably a bit more suspicious, he's sat back for most of this game and when he was called to action he lashed out instead of providing any actual effort towards the search. Then he just hops on the bandwagon with your inadmissible question when he's been here the whole time and should've also read every post.

That all said, I think Retaliation and KY are the two that we should focus on the most for now, considering one is Soviet and the other is unknown and claims to have visited Cat5 on the night of his death.

2 hours ago, Nodlied said:

See KY, I'm not the only one with the misunderstanding.

Shade, it sounds like you'd be Voe's favorite since he often gets a daykill.

7 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

With only two people left who haven't exposed their alignments, if there is someone with an alignment oriented goal, it'd be pretty easy to guess so I'll just throw it out there. I'm an American too. If we want to avoid giving the imaginary TP (imaginary, because we don't know if they exist in this game) too much of an advantage in the next warmonger game, like Cat 5 said, we shouldn't be so hasty to line ourselves up as targets.

Honestly, the fact that you've waited so long to reveal your nationality and then claiming your American after another 5 players have already claimed that role is more than suspicious.

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Honestly, the fact that you've waited so long to reveal your nationality and then claiming your American after another 5 players have already claimed that role is more than suspicious.

On 11/27/2017 at 10:49 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Well, nationality didn't indicate alignment in that game, nor likely does in this game in any predictable way. However, there were specific players that needed the nationality information to help them with their goals. Killing_You was one such player. FRAYDO was the other. I'm not sure nationality is going to matter to anyone in this game, but in case it does, I think nobody can be faulted for wanting to conceal that information. I suspect that the Mafia and/or Third Parties will be looking for specific people to kill.

I'll think on it for a bit before I decide whether I want to or not.

I'm going to avoid the nationality question for now, as the fact that nationality is given as part of your roles makes me suspect it's important for something. So instead, I'll reveal that I'm a diplomat.

I currently expect all players will fit into one of these roles: Diplomats, Military Leaders, and Naval Officers. I think we'll find one Mafia in each of those categories. Currently thinking 3 Mafia. GM basically described the motivations for three different people and would fit the motivations of the people I think would most likely be Mafia. A Diplomat who doesn't want to back down, a Military Leader that thinks they can win out right, and a Naval Officer who would rather just let the world burn.

That's just spitballing based on how I think I'd setup a game based on this theme, though. It just makes sense to me. We don't know how far ahistorical OrangeP47 has set this game, though my character seems pretty much historical.

Only 4 people other than myself have claimed to be American. If you add in the dead, that makes 6, plus me makes 7.

7 Americans and 4 others (assuming Retaliation isn't American) makes sense in a Cuban Missile Crisis game.

And it wasn't 4 people claiming to be American that led to my claim, it was that there was only Retaliation and myself left without a claim. If someone had a nationality specific target, they only need to guess between me and him. If it's something harmful, like KY's previous goal, I don't want to get accidentally killed on a 50/50 chance. If I wanted to, as scum, lie about my nationality to appear townie, I would've claimed to be American right away.

For the record I've been resisting declaring my nationality because I think it is irrelevant to towns objective. Anyone obsessing over it is liable to be third party in my book.

26 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

That all said, I think Retaliation and KY are the two that we should focus on the most for now, considering one is Soviet and the other is unknown and claims to have visited Cat5 on the night of his death.

If you're going to use soviet nationality as evidence against a person then you better start considering I'm soviet as well.

It wasn't KY being Soviet alone, but rather him instantly trying to redirect attention away from him being Soviet. I do, however, think that we'll find at least one Scum among the Soviets. Meaning, right now we have Killing You, Retaliation, and Shade.

Coincidentally enough, both you and KY have sufficient reason to be suspicious.

I'm going to refer back to the rubric I made earlier, and flesh it out a bit to account for dead players and recent information.

Player Nationality Role Alignment
Nodlied American ??? ???
Jeod American ??? ???
TheIrishman

American

Naval Officer ???
FRAYDO

American

??? ???
ChopBam American ??? ???
Killing You Soviet (Russian) ??? Town
Voe American John F Kennedy Town
Category 5 American Robert Kennedy Town
Shade Soviet (Russian) ??? ???
Retaliation Soviet ??? ???
Mojoman Canadian Naval Officer (?) ???

I've already presented my case on Retaliation. When he's not silent and attempting to stay in the shadows, he's inconsistent. I feel like he's one of the Soviet scum, perhaps even Fidel Castro. He's had a lot of time to defend himself, and has not done so. I think he's the prime candidate for today's lynch.

Now here's where it gets interesting. This leaves both me and Shade as Soviet scum suspects. I'm not scum, nor do I think Shade is, either. Between his general transparency and open question of game mechanics, I'm reading him as more of a "newbie town" player. So, where does that leave us?

Simple. Someone is lying about their nationality.

So, let's look at the claimed Americans.

Nodlied

Mostly AFK due to IRL stuff, but when he's here, he's pretty helpful. Basically, his usual self, with nothing out of the ordinary.

Jeod

Has been mostly unhelpful, and in fact called out Irish for being a "tryhard." His softclaim is... interesting, if it's who I think it is. I don't know how it would fit into the setup.

TheIrishman

At the moment, I'm townreading him. He's been rather helpful, charts or no charts (yeah, I'm not using that meta argument :P). I understand his qualms about revealing his nationality,  and for what it's worth I believe him. Then again, he may be being helpful only in such a way that it keeps me off the trail while not appearing scummy. I doubt it, but it's a possibility I need to keep in mind.

FRAYDO

Sort of an oddball. Mostly AFK, then comes to post a couple thoughts and leaves. As usual. Problem is, his line of thinking boils down to process of elimination without the process, at least none that he's presented. Then again, there have been a few times where he's called someone out as scum seemingly out of nowhere, only for said person to be discovered as scum later.

ChopBam

I really don't get why people are scumreading him. Might have to ISO his posts, but at the moment, I just don't see him as scum.

So, who's the liar, who's the American scum, and who's town? I'm not sure. But I feel like we're headed in the right direction, at least.

3 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

It wasn't KY being Soviet alone, but rather him instantly trying to redirect attention away from him being Soviet. I do, however, think that we'll find at least one Scum among the Soviets. Meaning, right now we have Killing You, Retaliation, and Shade.

Coincidentally enough, both you and KY have sufficient reason to be suspicious.

This is a point I'll have to consider...

I think, therefore I'm town

I agree with the assertion that if shade was scum he wouldn't be asking basic questions in the thread when he could just ask in the scum doc. 

KY I think you have it backwards. He's been pretty defensive about initially claiming Russian. A good soviet doesn't care about nationality! He's also been annoying persistent about everyone's nationality.

##vote Killing_You

Oh and to stop this nonsense about Castro, I am Vladimir Semichastny, head of the KGB.

4 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

This is a point I'll have to consider...

I think, therefore I'm town

I agree with the assertion that if shade was scum he wouldn't be asking basic questions in the thread when he could just ask in the scum doc. 

KY I think you have it backwards. He's been pretty defensive about initially claiming Russian. A good soviet doesn't care about nationality! He's also been annoying persistent about everyone's nationality.

##vote Killing_You

Oh and to stop this nonsense about Castro, I am Vladimir Semichastny, head of the KGB.

Vote counted!

CVC

World Tension is at 40

Nodlied voted no one
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
FRAYDO voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Killing_You voted Retaliation
Shade voted no lynch
Retaliation voted Killing You
Mojoman voted no one

Retaliation, Killing You, and no lynch lead with 3/9 votes cast!