[Game Over-Warmonger Victory] Cuban Missile Crisis Mafia

OrangeP47

4 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Not quite, you didn't play Nodlied's game but in it certain players could have locked abilities, which means the player can't use their abilities until WT reaches a certain level. In some cases you would only be told that the WT needs to be higher and aren't given a specific WT threshold. I was saying that my stuff was unusable and since that's the case, I didn't do anything last night.

Ok, I'll keep that in mind for the future.

I'd rather you target Retaliation or KY since they're the main scum suspects right now, but if this will help bring the investigation back on track, go for it.

I at least tried to visit him already on N1, but I'm not getting any sort of confirmation if that ability actually worked or not in the form of PMs. Although given KY's recent actions plus the slim chance that my ability activated and WT was still raised by 25 points, I'd probably say that KY is indeed town.

I'm fairly certain that Reconciliation was actually telling the truth about his role abilties at least, and about messing up his one shot ability, so I'd picture you as the more likely target at the moment.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I'm fairly certain that Reconciliation was actually telling the truth about his role abilties at least, and about messing up his one shot ability, so I'd picture you as the more likely target at the moment.

Mafia Edit: I'm fairly certain that Retaliation.

That'll show me to use auto-correct and not double checking my post first.

10 hours ago, Jeod said:

Are there seriously no cop/tracker/watcher reports on any players?

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

I watched TheIrishMan last night. Nobody visited him.

Also, I will point out that before Jeod basically claimed that he was a watcher, he did ask around to see if anyone else had a similiar role.

Which Irish has been about the only player to be keeping an eye on him.

Huh, didn't even know there was a page 10 before now, even though my post popped up on it, too busy with LOTR (it's pretty great so far, btw)

5 hours ago, Killing You said:

Okay this is going to bug me.

Shade, I demand you take your vote on nolynch down. Unvote or put your vote on your best scumread. I don't care which.

5 hours ago, Shade939 said:

I would rather not, if I'm right and lynching a Scum member also raises WT by 15 points, then by tomorrow morning if I'm wrong about using my ability on Irish, then scum will have 80 points at the start of day 3, and we probably won't be able to kill the other two Scum members before WT hits 100.

If we don't lynch anyone today, then they don't gain those 15 points so for Day 3 Scum need 35 points in order to win instead of just 20.

Which does naturally make me suspicious of anyone who's suggesting any form of lynching at this time.

5 hours ago, Killing You said:

Maybe you misunderstood me.

Take your vote off of nolynch. That's an order. Nolynch gives scum a free nightkill and we learn nothing. And how would lynching Scum heighten World Tension?

4 hours ago, Killing You said:

Shade, please explain what you think was supposed to have happened.

As for the historical significance of your character, frankly I don't care. I will not tolerate a nolynch past D1. Even on D1 I'm super hesitant to allow it.

Lynching scum always lowered WT in the previous warmonger game, there's no reason to believe it wouldn't do the same in this one.

4 hours ago, Retaliation said:

If it's not you, KY, or me, then all scum are capitalist swine. Which is a possibility since we have all anti war soviets.

I don't think that's the case, probably 2 American scum and 1 Soviet scum, but I can't believe there isn't one Soviet scum. I don't want to suspect Shade, but my focus is mostly being drawn to him and Retaliation over KY. Why am I clearing KY for now? With the logic Retaliation pointed out, if Shade is Town, then he'd have no reason to lie about KY being Town. If Shade flips Scum, then we can question the results of his "confirmation." But I think if Shade is Scum, he'd be the Captain or Political Officer, which would most likely leave us with two American Scum left.

Another person who would've been a top suspect is Mojoman because his behavior was starting to remind me of the CYOR II game where he was the Lich King, but he changed his avatar to Thérèse Casgrain, a Canadian feminist that was completely against nuclear weapons. I doubt he could've just come up with that character, although maybe his scum buddies could've, for now he's on the backburner.

I admit I haven't been as invested in this game as I normally am with mafia games. My wife and I recently took up Guild Wars 2, and they've just released some new content. She was off work yesterday, but is working today, so today this game has my attention. Will read up on things and look more carefully in the next few hours.

13 hours ago, Retaliation said:

This is a point I'll have to consider...

I think, therefore I'm town

I agree with the assertion that if shade was scum he wouldn't be asking basic questions in the thread when he could just ask in the scum doc. 

KY I think you have it backwards. He's been pretty defensive about initially claiming Russian. A good soviet doesn't care about nationality! He's also been annoying persistent about everyone's nationality.

##vote Killing_You

Oh and to stop this nonsense about Castro, I am Vladimir Semichastny, head of the KGB.

But what does the KGB do if I may ask? You're not a watcher. Are you an alignment cop? (Don't answer if you feel that the answer will only endanger town.)

9 hours ago, Retaliation said:

A shoe! Will never live up to cane meta though.

Well, the Soviets obviously can't afford such luxeries as canes though. :v

Anyway lads, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the previous few pages. We have three ?confirmed? Soviets fighting it out between themselves and we've seen KY bang his shoe. KY, how much authority do you have in the Soviet Union?

Beyond that, could anybody provide a summary? Oh, and I should be available more again, as I've once again reached the safety of my actual home. (Even though I'll be gone for a few hours before the hammer due to being forced into a birthday party.)

Every time we kill the new player it hasn't gone well in the past. I just don't want Kamuixmod all over again. Part of the argument against Shade is that, 'Oh well his scum buddies could be telling him to ask questions in the thread'. Yeah, 'cause that's provable in any fashion.

Shade could be right though and lynching anyone could raise WT. Maybe his fresh set of eyes can see beyond the meta. Perhaps the strategic use of abilities is what keeps WT down in this game, and lynching people regardless could raise the WT (smaller amount for scum, larger for town?). Just because Orange uses similar words as other mafia games, that doesn't mean he executes them exactly the same.

TL:DR - Meta arguments backfire way more often than people want to admit.

6 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Another person who would've been a top suspect is Mojoman because his behavior was starting to remind me of the CYOR II game where he was the Lich King, but he changed his avatar to Thérèse Casgrain, a Canadian feminist that was completely against nuclear weapons. I doubt he could've just come up with that character, although maybe his scum buddies could've, for now he's on the backburner.

I swear I'm an intelligent boi.

Unfortunately I didn't vote yesterday, so I've gotta choose someone before hammer.

I'm 90% sure Retaliation is town. Unless he is going for the super-long con. In which case, bravo.
Shade I'm trusting for the moment. Evidence against him is circumstantial at best.
Jeod I sure hope isn't scum. Or his poor scum buddy is probably getting pissed at him playing GW2

25 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

Every time we kill the new player it hasn't gone well in the past. I just don't want Kamuixmod all over again. Part of the argument against Shade is that, 'Oh well his scum buddies could be telling him to ask questions in the thread'. Yeah, 'cause that's provable in any fashion.

Shade could be right though and lynching anyone could raise WT. Maybe his fresh set of eyes can see beyond the meta. Perhaps the strategic use of abilities is what keeps WT down in this game, and lynching people regardless could raise the WT (smaller amount for scum, larger for town?). Just because Orange uses similar words as other mafia games, that doesn't mean he executes them exactly the same.

TL:DR - Meta arguments backfire way more often than people want to admit.

I swear I'm an intelligent boi.

Last time we killed the new player, it was Misa...and she was scum (granted it was Quantum Mafia - Shade, Quantum Mafia is basically a game where everyone's alignment can change at any time depending on the circumstances).

If lynching people always raised WT, then we'd need more people with WT lowering abilities to help counter it. I'm assuming we only have 2 World Leaders, one from America (dead), and one from Russia, which would put KY as Khrushchev, further establishing him as Town. Unfortunately, we don't know the effects of Cat5's abilities, so there's no way to prove just how much he could've lowered WT, but it doesn't seem like enough when you add everything together, especially if everybody thinks 15 WT is the usual gain from anybody being lynched.

Can you please name a few examples of meta arguments that have backfired? Besides maybe Kam, because that was D1 and we didn't have much to go off. Thinking of successes, you've been rightfully suspected twice as Scum due to your meta playstyle - mostly jokes with little effort. I've yet to play with Cat5 as Scum, but he's been following his Townie meta pretty much every time, which has helped to clear him throughout multiple games. Orange being Scum kind of became meta, in that he became one of the first suspects when it came to looking for Scum, which had been the case for those games. I'm still new-ish, so I don't know all that is meta yet, but meta means most efficient tactic available for a reason. We don't have much else.

Obviously meta arguments aren't always true, but they're something for us to work off of and, if nothing else, can help stir the pot which can help bring us more information.

>.> Are you trying to be suspicious, claiming to be smart enough to pull off a Canadian cover? No offense, but I just find it unlikely.

Small heads-up. I wish I could be more available today, but after work this evening I'll have some pending matters to attend to so I'll leave with a vote.

##vote ChopBam

After I clear my PR workload up I'll become more active.

3 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Small heads-up. I wish I could be more available today, but after work this evening I'll have some pending matters to attend to so I'll leave with a vote.

##vote ChopBam

As suspicious as he might be, I'd argue that you should at least wait to lynch him tomorrow given what information he has revealed about his role.

14 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Action Processed!

CVC

World Tension is at 40

Nodlied voted no one
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
FRAYDO voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Killing_You voted Retaliation
Shade cannot vote
Retaliation voted Shade
Mojoman voted no one

Retaliation and Shade lead with 2/8 votes cast!

By the way Retaliation, are you going to change your vote so I can use my ability to investigate Irish tonight? Or are you really that convinced that i'm a scum player and you couldn't at least wait one night to see the results of my actions?

50 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

##vote ChopBam

Vote Counted!

CVC

World Tension is at 40

Nodlied voted no one
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
FRAYDO voted ChopBam
ChopBam voted no one
Shade cannot vote
Retaliation voted Shade
Mojoman voted no one

Retaliation, Shade, and ChopBam lead with 3/8 votes cast!

Just now, Retaliation said:

I'm writing a post on the potential that there's no soviet scum players (TL;DR All the soviet roles are wierd choices for scum although Arkhipov is just a different choice away from being a warmonger).

The notes from the GM clearly indicated to me that at least one of my fellow officers is a scum player. Which interpretations of that wording might vary, but I'd assume that means a Soviet Naval officer.

4 hours ago, Nodlied said:

KY, how much authority do you have in the Soviet Union?

I was going to hold off on saying anything, but...

1 hour ago, TheIrishman said:

I'm assuming we only have 2 World Leaders, one from America (dead), and one from Russia, which would put KY as Khrushchev, further establishing him as Town.

Irish already put it out there.

Yes, I am Nikita Khrushchev, Premier of the Soviet Union. Which means both of these little squirts answer to me, regardless of their alignment.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

The notes from the GM clearly indicated to me that at least one of my fellow officers is a scum player. Which interpretations of that wording might vary, but I'd assume that means a Soviet Naval officer.

4 soviets with one scum means that 25% of soviet players are scum. I like it when math works out like that. I think I'm also liable to believe you because you've been pretty insistent about there being 4 soviet players and another officer.

##unvote

Just now, Killing You said:

I was going to hold off on saying anything, but...

Irish already put it out there.

Yes, I am Nikita Khrushchev, Premier of the Soviet Union. Which means both of these little squirts answer to me, regardless of their alignment.

For now...

Premier Khrushchev, I have a report from the field! Our agents in Cuba believe that this crisis is caused by the inherent greed caused by capitalism, and we can expect to find the warmongers amongst those who have declared for it's greatest advocate: America!

I'm pretty busy today, and I won't be around for hammer. I need to cast my vote, and I've already spoken on why I think FRAYDO's a good choice. You may consider this just a reaction vote, but I was already considering it before seeing FRAYDO's vote on me.

##vote FRAYDO

Just now, Retaliation said:

4 soviets with one scum means that 25% of soviet players are scum. I like it when math works out like that. I think I'm also liable to believe you because you've been pretty insistent about there being 4 soviet players and another officer.

Which it doesn't surprise me at all that the fourth Soviet Scum Player would claim to be American. Hence why I'm suspicious of Irish seeing how long it took him to claim the most commonly known nationality in the game.

I can't remember chopbam's reasoning on FRAYDO so I'll do a bit myself.

Fraydo has made 7 posts since game start. 4 can't be separated from cosmic background radiation leaving us with these 3.

23 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

I'm currently thinking alongside Category's earlier reasoning of suspected mafia roles.

and at this moment I am convinced ChopBam fits this description. Two Americans down, Jeod claimed American and strongly suggesting McCarthy who was very much anti-communist, myself being American; this leads me currently to believe ChopBam is our American scum.

On 11/30/2017 at 3:09 AM, FRAYDO said:

Top kek.

At this rate, we're basically handing the game to the Warmongers.

Let's take a look at our situation then. Since we are down two Americans townies, we can surmise that ChopBam may well be our American scum. Jeod could be as well, but between he and Chop I'm leaning toward ChopBam.

However, ChopBam is not my only suspicious person at this time. I'm looking at you, Irish. Initially, you did not want to give a list of characters fearing that scum would take advantage of it.

Then you go around today and post this.

I suppose I just want to get your line of thinking. What changed your mind?

1 hour ago, FRAYDO said:

##vote ChopBam

So a lot of "I'm American and so is Chopbam so he's scum", but without any elaboration WHY chopbam has to be scum. We have 5 american claims. It hasn't been figured out that our "soviet" scum is LARPing as an American. Why is he so certain that he only needs to know two alignments (when there could easily be 3 american townies)?

I'm describing my argument badly but in essence I feel like FRAYDO is arguing as if he knows how scum is distributed.

23 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Since we seem to have a lot of Americans in this game, and with you zeroing in on me, you seem to be hinting that you think you know more than you're letting on. If you're a cop and want to stay hidden, I urge you to check your sanity before throwing suspicion around, and this goes for anybody else who might be a cop too.

So uh, I pretty much just repeated chopbam's argument looking back

32 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

##unvote

For now...

Premier Khrushchev, I have a report from the field! Our agents in Cuba believe that this crisis is caused by the inherent greed caused by capitalism, and we can expect to find the warmongers amongst those who have declared for it's greatest advocate: America!

29 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I'm pretty busy today, and I won't be around for hammer. I need to cast my vote, and I've already spoken on why I think FRAYDO's a good choice. You may consider this just a reaction vote, but I was already considering it before seeing FRAYDO's vote on me.

##vote FRAYDO

Votes counted!

CVC

World Tension is at 40

Nodlied voted no one
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
FRAYDO voted ChopBam
ChopBam voted FRAYDO
Shade cannot vote
Retaliation voted no one
Mojoman voted no one

Retaliation, ChopBam, and FRAYDO lead with 3/8 votes cast!

17 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I can't remember chopbam's reasoning on FRAYDO so I'll do a bit myself.

Fraydo has made 7 posts since game start. 4 can't be separated from cosmic background radiation leaving us with these 3.

So a lot of "I'm American and so is Chopbam so he's scum", but without any elaboration WHY chopbam has to be scum. We have 5 american claims. It hasn't been figured out that our "soviet" scum is LARPing as an American. Why is he so certain that he only needs to know two alignments (when there could easily be 3 american townies)?

I'm describing my argument badly but in essence I feel like FRAYDO is arguing as if he knows how scum is distributed.

Funny thing is, I was about to go back through and look at FRAYDO's posts myself for that exact reason.

I'm still scumreading you, but interestingly enough, I'm also scumreading FRAYDO. He latched onto a question Cat5 asked Choppy earlier, and that's the closest thing to actual evidence presented against ChopBam. Granted, Shade did the same thing, but Shade's new. FRAYDO should know better.

##vote FRAYDO

I still think Retaliation's the best choice for the lynch, but I want to avoid an RNG lynch if it can be helped, especially if I think a townie could be caught up in the mix.

3 minutes ago, Killing You said:

Funny thing is, I was about to go back through and look at FRAYDO's posts myself for that exact reason.

I'm still scumreading you, but interestingly enough, I'm also scumreading FRAYDO. He latched onto a question Cat5 asked Choppy earlier, and that's the closest thing to actual evidence presented against ChopBam. Granted, Shade did the same thing, but Shade's new. FRAYDO should know better.

##vote FRAYDO

I still think Retaliation's the best choice for the lynch, but I want to avoid an RNG lynch if it can be helped, especially if I think a townie could be caught up in the mix.

Vote counted!

CVC

World Tension is at 40

Nodlied voted no one
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
FRAYDO voted ChopBam
ChopBam voted FRAYDO
Killing_You voted FRAYDO
Shade cannot vote
Retaliation voted no one
Mojoman voted no one

FRAYDO leads with 3/8 votes cast!

##vote Retaliation

I still think our Soviet scum is either Shade or Retaliation, while I find FRAYDO to be one of the top in my list of 3 for American Scum, I find a 50% shot is usually better than only 33%.

Also, if Retaliation is Scum, his partner is probably ChopBam considering the redirection he's throwing towards FRAYDO, which both saves him from being lynched and ChopBam from FRAYDO's prodding.

##vote Retaliation

I still think our Soviet scum is either Shade or Retaliation, while I find FRAYDO to be one of the top in my list of 3 for American Scum, I find a 50% shot is usually better than only 33%.

Also, if Retaliation is Scum, his partner is probably ChopBam considering the redirection he's throwing towards FRAYDO, which both saves him from being lynched and ChopBam from FRAYDO's prodding.

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

##vote Retaliation

I still don't think Choppy is scum, to be honest.

Votes counted!

CVC

World Tension is at 40

Nodlied voted no one
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted Retaliation
FRAYDO voted ChopBam
ChopBam voted FRAYDO
Shade cannot vote
Retaliation voted no one
Mojoman voted no one