[Game Over-Warmonger Victory] Cuban Missile Crisis Mafia

OrangeP47

3 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Alright. Not much is happening here. He's had plenty of chances and I can see no other reason to talk about it.

##vote Mojoman

Vote counted! Hammer protocols initiated!

CVC

World Tension is at 25

Nodlied voted Mojmoan
Jeod voted Mojoman
TheIrishman voted no one
ChopBam voted Mojoman
Killing_You voted no one
Retaliation voted Mojoman
Mojoman voted no one

Extra Vote for Mojoman!

Mojoman leads with 4/7 votes cast!

Final Day Three CVC

World Tension is at 25

Nodlied voted Mojmoan
Jeod voted Mojoman
TheIrishman voted no one
ChopBam voted Mojoman
Killing_You voted no one
Retaliation voted Mojoman
Mojoman voted no one

Extra Vote for Mojoman!

Mojoman leads with 4/7 votes cast!

Mojoman is next up on the Chopping block. You find him sitting by the pool, puffing on a big fat Cuban cigar and enjoying the balmy weather. He doesn't put up much of a defense and is made quick work of, now you can investigate who he really is! Fidel Castro, the Cuban World Leader!

Mojoman

Fidel Castro

Alignment: Town

Nationality: Cuban

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fidel_Castro

Action Names:

##Cuban Luck (passive)

##Cigar (night action)

WORLD TENSION HAS INCREASED TO 40

4 minutes ago, Killing You said:

What the....

Okay, well. Irish, I think I owe you an apology this time. Block Retaliation, he's scum.

As bastard as it is, I still believe there’s a strong possibility that Retaliation had his sanity altered. If I had to choose one person with the ability I’d name Irish, who we still know almost nothing about.

Besides, his abilities are “blocked” remember? Or did you just slip, dear Kruschev?

Just now, Jeod said:

As bastard as it is, I still believe there’s a strong possibility that Retaliation had his sanity altered. If I had to choose one person with the ability I’d name Irish, who we still know almost nothing about.

Besides, his abilities are “blocked” remember? Or did you just slip, dear Kruschev?

I've been scumreading Retal the whole game, and only backed off when his report and Nodlied's gelled together. I never stopped to consider Castro may be a town role.

There is a possibility that Retaliation's sanity was altered, I just find this somewhat unlikely.

So nodlied is effectively confirmed because he can't have figured out mojo was cuban without actually being a flavor cop.

2 minutes ago, Killing You said:

I've been scumreading Retal the whole game, and only backed off when his report and Nodlied's gelled together. I never stopped to consider Castro may be a town role.

There is a possibility that Retaliation's sanity was altered, I just find this somewhat unlikely.

It's probably the best way to to make the flavor cop equal in power to the alignment cop tbh. It also means I have reason to use my second ability.

20 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Mojoman is next up on the Chopping block. You find him sitting by the pool, puffing on a big fat Cuban cigar and enjoying the balmy weather. He doesn't put up much of a defense and is made quick work of, now you can investigate who he really is! Fidel Castro, the Cuban World Leader!

Mojoman

Fidel Castro

Really... ¬_¬

This one is on you Mojoman.

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

I already told you that I'm Admiral Robert Lee Dennison. And my ability unlocked when we were at 40 (during the day) before and locked when we went down to 30 (when FRAYDO was lynched). Now that we're at 40 again, it's finally unlocked during the night.

1 hour ago, Retaliation said:

So nodlied is effectively confirmed because he can't have figured out mojo was cuban without actually being a flavor cop.

It's probably the best way to to make the flavor cop equal in power to the alignment cop tbh. It also means I have reason to use my second ability.

On 12/2/2017 at 4:44 PM, Retaliation said:

Mojo claimed castro before he realized I was being 100% serious on my scum read.

On 12/2/2017 at 5:45 PM, Nodlied said:

And I got a Cuban read on him. Ding ding.

8 hours ago, Jeod said:

I'm ok with an early hammer at this point. Mojoman's had several hours now to defend himself and come clean about his role and reasons for claiming Canadian as a Cuban. It's not MYLO, and we'll have 5 players tomorrow unless a NK is prevented. If Retaliation turns out to be scum, then he's partnered with Nodlied who backed Retaliation's report. I can't see there being more than two scum in this game.

I agree with Jeod here. My first reaction was Retaliation as the Soviet Scum while I was torn between Nodlied and ChopBam as the American Scum. But you're trying to make us believe Nodlied is Town before you're inevitably lynched. I've already stated multiple times that Nodlied has only mentioned nationalities after they've been claimed. But, even if he did say it first, which he didn't, you could have told him beforehand since Mojo already told you he was Fidel Castro in the mason doc.

Retaliation - Initially lying about his ability while trying to be very vague. Visited Cat5 N1, but tried to put it out there first to help avoid suspicion in case of us having a tracker. During the end of the day he came out as the Cop role to avoid being lynched. Lied about his "result" to get Mojo lynched.

One or two of these would be fine, but when you add them all together, it's really suspicious.

Congrats, picking the head of the FBI and the head of the KGB as your cover identities. Very clever. I googled it and J. Edgar. Hoover wasn't even involved in the Cuban Missile Crisis. 

So you're saying that there's not a single full fledged investigation role in this entire game? That we have a plethora of ways to stop world tension, but no way to actively hunt scum.

When I roleclaimed you immediately unvoted Irish. Not a single bit of hesitation like KY. Didn't even wait for a counterclaim. The night Shade targeted you we had a net loss of world tension. We know one scum has a passive gain of 10 points per night and that killing town nets at least 10 points of world tension. KY cannot have reduced world tension single highhandedly and no one else has claimed the ability to reduce world tension.

I want to remind everyone that tomorrow scum will be one vote away from hammering. I don't care if you believe I'm town or not, ending the day early only helps scum.

This result is disappointing. Mojo you could have fought a lot harder than that since you were truly on our side. Why did you lie? Geez you helped scum more than anybody.

Looking forward, our options are further narrowed down.

Nodlied - I have no read on this guy, but he did nail Mojo's nationality, so that's a plus.
Jeod - I'm still thinking town watcher.
TheIrishman - He suspected Nodlied and me, but that was conditional on Mojo flipping scum. Now Retal is back on the table.
Killing_You - Still reads town to me, there are much better options to investigate.
Retaliation - False cop read on Mojoman, if he was a cop after all.

Was going to go full-fledged on Irish after Mojo's sure flip to scum, but now honestly I suspect Retaliation more than I suspect TheIrishman. Nodlied I'm not sure, he's about as hard to read as Mojoman, but he has the nationality cop claim going in his favor. We have a night and a day to figure this out.

Jeod's claimed to be the watcher, while ChopBam's claimed to be the tracker, I'm the roleblocker. There's no proof either of them actually have their abilities, but it's better than their claimed abilities being wrong. And I'll prove that I have my ability tonight.

D1 0 + 15 = 15 WT (Voe died)

N1 15 + 25 = 40 WT (Cat 5 died, unknown what else affected WT, maybe FRAYDO)

D2 40 - 10 = 30 WT (FRAYDO died)

N2 30 + 15 - 20 = 25 WT or 30 + 25 - 20 - 10 = 25 WT(Shade died, KY lowered WT by 20, and Shade might've used his ability on someone)

D3 25 + 15 = 40 WT (Mojoman died)

25 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

When I roleclaimed you immediately unvoted Irish. Not a single bit of hesitation like KY. Didn't even wait for a counterclaim. The night Shade targeted you we had a net loss of world tension. We know one scum has a passive gain of 10 points per night and that killing town nets at least 10 points of world tension. KY cannot have reduced world tension single highhandedly and no one else has claimed the ability to reduce world tension.

I want to remind everyone that tomorrow scum will be one vote away from hammering. I don't care if you believe I'm town or not, ending the day early only helps scum.

Because we've accidentally killed the cop before and I already said that I'd give you a chance to test your claim. If someone was going to counterclaim, there was still plenty of time for me to change my vote.

Is that a slip? We don't know that there's a Scum with a passive gain of 10 points. Something happening once isn't a pattern, so either you know something we don't or you're just forcing the puzzle piece to fit. And why would you assume it's at least 10 instead of 15? Do you have an ability that raises the WT by 5 every night? So far every Town player that's died has seemed to have netted 15 points.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

This result is disappointing. Mojo you could have fought a lot harder than that since you were truly on our side. Why did you lie? Geez you helped scum more than anybody.

Looking forward, our options are further narrowed down.

Nodlied - I have no read on this guy, but he did nail Mojo's nationality, so that's a plus.
Jeod - I'm still thinking town watcher.
TheIrishman - He suspected Nodlied and me, but that was conditional on Mojo flipping scum. Now Retal is back on the table.
Killing_You - Still reads town to me, there are much better options to investigate.
Retaliation - False cop read on Mojoman, if he was a cop after all.

Was going to go full-fledged on Irish after Mojo's sure flip to scum, but now honestly I suspect Retaliation more than I suspect TheIrishman. Nodlied I'm not sure, he's about as hard to read as Mojoman, but he has the nationality cop claim going in his favor. We have a night and a day to figure this out.

I've already repeated it plenty of times. "Confirming" something that's already been said isn't proof that it actually happened. Am I being ignored at this point?

Your numbers are dwindling fast. After seeing the results of the night, the remaining military staff has declared DEFCON 1. You must lynch correctly tonight, or the warmongers will win!

But who died? Jeod, of course!

Jeod

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Maxwell D. Taylor

Alignment:  Town

Nationality:  American

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell_D._Taylor

Action Names:

DEFCON 1 - Passive Action

Background Check <target> - Night Action

-----

World tension is once again on the rise!

CVC

World Tension is at 60

Nodlied voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Killing_You voted no one
Retaliation voted no one

No player leads with 0/5 votes cast!

-----

Important notices:

Retaliation has withdrawn from the game. He is now being treated as an NPC.

Also, if there is consensus among the players, days may be shortened to 24 hours.

On 12/4/2017 at 4:01 PM, TheIrishman said:

I've already repeated it plenty of times. "Confirming" something that's already been said isn't proof that it actually happened. Am I being ignored at this point?

The confirmation came in the form of Mojoman flipping Cuban; I'd consider that proof enough.

Whom did you roleblock, btw? I didn't get any information out of tracking Nodlied, which probably means he didn't use an action, or he was himself roleblocked. Nodlied, can you tell us anything?

I'm fine with switching to 24 hr days, btw.

Huh...now I'm a bit confused. I took a gamble and it didn't pay off. I roleblocked Nodlied instead of Retaliation since KY publicly announced me to RB Retaliation. With that, I figured Scum would have their partner do the nightkill instead but maybe not. So, here are our options.

1. Retaliation said "fuck it" and still tried to nightkill. Assuming he's Captain Savinsky. - Top suspect. He withdrew from the game when the heat was getting onto him, though it also could've been due to school. He has the most incriminating information so far - targeted cat5 N1, lied about his role, came out at a "cop" right before lynch, wrong about his "result", and Soviet.

2. Nodlied made the kill- He's fairly unlikely to have made the kill unless he's both a ninja and unblockable.

3. ChopBam made the kill. - Finally got a result before anyone else could say anything, which makes it unlikely you made the kill, but you could still be the Scum buddy. You and Nodlied are the top suspects after we lynch Retaliation.

4. KY made the kill. - highly unlikely, basically confirmed Town.

10 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

The confirmation came in the form of Mojoman flipping Cuban; I'd consider that proof enough.

Whom did you roleblock, btw? I didn't get any information out of tracking Nodlied, which probably means he didn't use an action, or he was himself roleblocked. Nodlied, can you tell us anything?

I'm fine with switching to 24 hr days, btw.

That's not proof since Retaliation announced Mojoman as being Castro before Nodlied mentioned he was Cuban.

Since no one can replace me (the dead doc has entered spoiler mode apparently), my physics test last Friday didn't turn out to be a trainwreck (86/100), and the math test was delayed to Tuesday, I'm back!

Also I cut up shade's body into little pieces!

##Lockout: Visit your target and diffuse any passive abilities they may have. If scum are diffused, regardless of if they have passive abilities, world tension will lower by 10 points.

##Rearm : Visit your target and restock any one shot abilities they may have. Also restores passive abilities if you’ve disarmed the wrong person.

And more importantly the actions he's taken

Night 1 he locked out KY

Night 2 he locked out Irish

We all already got the ability names when Shade died, you could've easily filled in the abilities according to what Shade said. Whether he targeted me or not is irrelevant, I don't believe his ability activated. 

N1 15 + 25 or 15 + 15 + 10 = 40 WT

N2 30 + 15 - 20 = 25 WT

N3 40 + 20 WT or 40 + 15 + 5 = 60 WT

Your theory is based on the idea that a NK adds 25 WT on average, when all the town lynches added 15 WT. If you assume that the NKs added only 15 WT as well, the math makes a lot more sense. Also, if you're going to try and throw suspicion about me having the passive Shade was talking about, making it 15 points per lynch if I voted them, I didn't vote to lynch Mojoman. It looks to me that you're trying your best to cast suspicion away from yourself using information that we already know. The only thing you added (I couldn't find Shade saying it) was it giving minus 10 points of WT if he targeted any Scum which gives you more leeway to direct the lynch.

3 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

That's not proof since Retaliation announced Mojoman as being Castro before Nodlied mentioned he was Cuban.

Doesn't matter what Retaliation announced. Nodlied claimed he got a Cuban read on Mojo, and then Mojo flipped Cuban. An announcement by Orange is proof. There's no way around this.

On 12/2/2017 at 3:45 PM, Nodlied said:

On 12/4/2017 at 11:16 AM, OrangeP47 said:

Mojoman

Fidel Castro

Even if it matters, I didn't see Retaliation announce he got a Cuban read on Mojo. Just that he was scum:

On 12/2/2017 at 2:30 PM, Retaliation said:

So two things happened for me last night.

I got a scum read on mojo, and I assume he invited me to a doc.

I'm basically questioning him twice!

2 hours ago, Retaliation said:

Since no one can replace me (the dead doc has entered spoiler mode apparently), my physics test last Friday didn't turn out to be a trainwreck (86/100), and the math test was delayed to Tuesday, I'm back!

Also I cut up shade's body into little pieces!

##Lockout: Visit your target and diffuse any passive abilities they may have. If scum are diffused, regardless of if they have passive abilities, world tension will lower by 10 points.

##Rearm : Visit your target and restock any one shot abilities they may have. Also restores passive abilities if you’ve disarmed the wrong person.

And more importantly the actions he's taken

Night 1 he locked out KY

Night 2 he locked out Irish

Welllll that's very interesting. Though you could just be using info that was already basically revealed by Shade himself.

Alright, now for the final rubric, with colors removed. Guesses have also been removed, and replaced with player's claims.

Player Nationality Role Alignment
Nodlied American J. Edgar Hoover ???
Jeod American Maxwell D. Taylor Town
TheIrishman

American

Robert Lee Dennison ???
FRAYDO

American

Lee Harvey Oswald Third Party
ChopBam American Richard S. Heyser ???
Killing You Soviet (Russian) Nikita Khrushchev Town
Voe American John F Kennedy Town
Category 5 American Robert Kennedy Town
Shade Soviet (Russian) Vasili Arkhipov Town
Retaliation Soviet (Russian) Vladimir Semichastny ???
Mojoman Soviet (Cuban) Fidel Castro Town

Do you want to know what I find odd? Out of all the roles, and out of all my quick googling research, there's three that did not have a direct hand in the CMC: J. Edgar Hoover, Lee Harvey Oswald, and Vladimir Semichastny.

-J. Edgar Hoover was the director of the FBI at the time. I found no information on his involvement, and apart from domestic investigations, I doubt he really did anything.

-Lee Harvey Oswald. Officially, he's the man who shot and killed John F. Kennedy. I suspect he had a role similar to mine in the last Crisis mafia. I.E., Kill the Kennedys.

-Vladimir Semichastny was, as previously stated, head of the KGB at the time. The closest of the three to having a direct involvement, as he coordinated information gathered during this time.

Let's look at the players playing them. Expunging le ded TP FRAYDO, of course.

NODLIED
AFK for most of the game, but for justifiable reasons. Supposedly a nationality cop, but the one time this ever came up was after Retaliation had reported that Mojoman had admitted to being Fidel Castro. Hard to read, apart from the only information he's provided coming in after it couldn't be proven wrong.

RETALIATION
Claims Cop. Let's look at his results, shall we?
N1- Claims to investigate Cat5, who died that same night. Returned a town result that couldn't be disproven because he was already dead.
N2- Claims to have investigated Mojoman, who admitted to being Castro before Retal returned his report in the thread. Said he returned a scum result (probably because we theorized Castro could be a scum role) to get him lynched. Mojo's flip proves Retal cannot be inherently insane.
N3- Claims to have performed an autopsy on Shade, with results that conveniently put suspicion on Irish.

Speaking of shade, let's assume he missed. This leads me to believe that the 10% Boost we saw N1 was a one-time thing. The math works out as such:

13 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

N1 15 + 15 + 10 = 40 WT

N2 30 + 15 - 20 = 25 WT

N3  40 + 15 + 5 = 60 WT

This also assumes Irish's roleblock as a +5% to WT. Math works out pretty well, to me.

And do I even need to remind you all about his sporadic claims D2? It's as if he was making it up as he went along because he didn't have a town claim.

Speaking of which, how is it that we made it to D4 with him still alive when he claimed cop towards the end of D2?

Oh, one more thing. Guess what I can do again!

##vote Retaliation

8 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Doesn't matter what Retaliation announced. Nodlied claimed he got a Cuban read on Mojo, and then Mojo flipped Cuban. An announcement by Orange is proof. There's no way around this.

Might want to double check the timestamps there.

On 12/2/2017 at 4:30 PM, Retaliation said:

So two things happened for me last night.

I got a scum read on mojo, and I assume he invited me to a doc.

I'm basically questioning him twice!

On 12/2/2017 at 4:38 PM, Retaliation said:

No, although I suppose that is possible. It's hard to believe mojo when he's already lied about his flavor. He's claimed castro in the doc.

On 12/2/2017 at 4:44 PM, Retaliation said:

Mojo claimed castro before he realized I was being 100% serious on my scum read.

On 12/2/2017 at 5:45 PM, Nodlied said: