[Game Over-Warmonger Victory] Cuban Missile Crisis Mafia

OrangeP47

2 minutes ago, Killing You said:

I owe you a massive apology. Sorry to ruin the game, man.

This is Death Note all over again, for sure. Only this time, I KNOW for sure I ruined it for everyone.

Have fun with future games, guys. Maybe you'll finally have a fun one.

Don't do this again, man. The loss isn't your fault. Everybody who was figuring the game out got killed, leaving all of you to fall into the traps that scum set for you. Town lost this game as a group. Pretty sure everybody in the dead doc saw scum victory coming.

Just now, Killing You said:

I owe you a massive apology. Sorry to ruin the game, man.

This is Death Note all over again, for sure. Only this time, I KNOW for sure I ruined it for everyone.

Have fun with future games, guys. Maybe you'll finally have a fun one.

Eh, Irish was poisoning the discussion the whole game. He got very lucky that his early mark was the cop and forced me to reveal.

It's a small mistake KY, and we're all going to make them. Earlier this year you were mad at me for making a bad call near the end of the game because I missed a detail. You can't let fear of these mistakes spoil the fun for you. You're going to have both good and bad moments in this things. You just need to learn from them and move on.

We all want you to keep playing, so keep your head up.

Retal isn't blameless in that, by the way. Making the scum place both votes might have given you a chance to unvote before scum completed the ambush. Seeing TheIrishman jump on that vote would have been a signal, but you were denied the opportunity.

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

At Least I know I'm Sane Award:  Retaliation, for confirming with Cat 5, before getting Northwoods'd and turned insane for a night.

cAn No OnE ElSe SeE ThE CONectionS?!

How was my fake roleclaim btw. I know it was bad, but just how bad? (I was going for i bug a person and it adds my second action to their action).

17 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Awards!

There should be like a thread or document somewhere listing all active mafia players with all of their achievements and from which games, just for fun. That would be neat.

There was a lot going on in this game. Instead of one focal point of discussion there were several. I think that's an interesting effect to achieve, but I think at the same time it also made it harder for people to develop towny reputations.

27 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

It's a small mistake KY, and we're all going to make them. Earlier this year you were mad at me for making a bad call near the end of the game because I missed a detail. You can't let fear of these mistakes spoil the fun for you. You're going to have both good and bad moments in this things. You just need to learn from them and move on.

We all want you to keep playing, so keep your head up.

It wasn't one small mistake, though. I somewhat deliberately trashed this game. My strategy was to grab the conversation before scum could, and then try to get something productive by weighing claims against player actions and playstyle. I ended up burning the entire town to the ground and handing scum a perfect game on a silver platter. Literally everyone else has the truth figured out, yet I was just so fucking full of myself that I couldn't let it go.

I'm starting to calm down a bit, and I might keep playing, but I still can't see how I'm not solely and directly responsible for town's loss.

I still owe you a major apology for that incident, by the way. Sorry, man.

Just now, Killing You said:

It wasn't one small mistake, though. I somewhat deliberately trashed this game. My strategy was to grab the conversation before scum could, and then try to get something productive by weighing claims against player actions and playstyle. I ended up burning the entire town to the ground and handing scum a perfect game on a silver platter. Literally everyone else has the truth figured out, yet I was just so fucking full of myself that I couldn't let it go.

I'm starting to calm down a bit, and I might keep playing, but I still can't see how I'm not solely and directly responsible for town's loss.

I think Retal had an uphill battle either way. The Northwoods ability was rather strong. Scum had some pretty powerful abilities, but they didn't actually get to use many of them, save for that one.

12 minutes ago, Killing You said:

There were multiple things stacked against you guys. Both ChopBam and myself deliberately spread the suspicion around and fought with each other. I specifically made ChopBam one of my prime suspects to avoid us being considered Scum. Shade was overly aggressive for a new player, which helped point the lynch towards him. Nodlied had an ability that couldn't be proven. And both Nodlied and Retaliation had characters that didn't fit well with the theme. I also did a fair bit a research to figure out who'd be ChopBam's and my best cover identities. Pretty much everyone was fooled with Retaliation checking Mojoman as Scum. From there, it was all about pushing everything against Retaliation, which was pretty easy considering his previous actions. I think the only true misstep we had was when I was super tired and accidentally revealed ChopBam's "D1 target" xD but thankfully no one picked up on it.

Yeah, the trap that scum set up for you guys was a good one, and you guys as a group almost had no choice other than to walk into it and see what happens. I feel like only Jeod was paranoid enough to figure out that Retal's investigation result was a trap. Nobody had any reason to think it was false. The only thought that could have helped you guys would have been "How does it help scum-Retal to claim cop when he'd get lynched after after Mojoman flips town?"

There were a few slips you guys could have picked up on. ChopBam referred to Retal's investigation being "changed" two times. Oddly specific wording when he shouldn't know if Retal is telling the truth nor know how it could be wrong.

TheIrishman accidentally revealed that ChopBam tracked FRAYDO, then tried to play it off as something he misread.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

"How does it help scum-Retal to claim cop when he'd get lynched after after Mojoman flips town?"

This is the type of thing I'd be the one to bring up, but sadly, I was not a player this time, heh.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

This is the type of thing I'd be the one to bring up, but sadly, I was not a player this time, heh.

Survive another night and get another two town kills including the lynch and a chance to use your night abilities again. If your dead either way, might as well try to do some damage.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I was actually prepared to argue that xD saying it was all about getting WT up and suggesting that there could be an on-death action like both Shade and myself previously suggested.

This was a well-organized game, Orange! I wish I'd done better--I definitely helped scum by not pushing on the "Retaliation was made insane for one night" thing, as paranoid as that is. It did make sense, which is why I even brought it up. As I said in the dead doc, I also had a feeling that I would be the nightkill due to clues I saw in TheIrishMan's posts. However, I didn't mention it because I'd already met my two post limit. On LYLO, I'd have ensured town's loss by gaining a vote penalty over it.

I did not see Cat5 being a bodyguard at all, even after his death. Weird.

As for CYOR III, I'll post a sign-up thread in an hour or two. The actual start date of the game might change though if @VERTi60 has a game in mind. I've been informed that he's been informed that this game is over.

11 hours ago, Killing You said:

Oh stop. :v We lost this game as a group effort. You didn't simply hand scum the game. If anything, we all made mistakes. Jeod for not pushing the insane part hard enough, Mojoman for putting up a defense as strong as a wet paper bag, Retal for simply voting for himself, me for not following my instincts and arresting Irish on the previous day, etc. If anything, you played well.

GG people.

ACTUAL EDIT BECAUSE I CAN: Didn't help that I wasn't around during day start. (Tough luck!)

9 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Oh stop. :v We lost this game as a group effort. You didn't simply hand scum the game. If anything, we all made mistakes. Jeod for not pushing the insane part hard enough, Mojoman for putting up a defense as strong as a wet paper bag, Retal for simply voting for himself, me for not following my instincts and arresting Irish on the previous day, etc. If anything, you played well.

GG people.

ACTUAL EDIT BECAUSE I CAN: Didn't help that I wasn't around during day start. (Tough luck!)

Yeah, I'm surprised the day vig didn't get used. Maybe you should get an award for that :v

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Yeah, I'm surprised the day vig didn't get used. Maybe you should get an award for that :v

I'm always hesitant to use such an action, and that's probably good. Me going all ''Tally Ho, I'm sending your Cuban arse off to Gitmo'' on Mojoman would have probably resulted in a scum victory at the end of the day.

Just now, Nodlied said:

I'm always hesitant to use such an action, and that's probably good. Me going all ''Tally Ho, I'm sending your Cuban arse off to Gitmo'' on Mojoman would have probably resulted in a scum victory at the end of the day.

Next time I'll swap you and Voe ;)

12 hours ago, Killing You said:

Honestly, your tactic didn't backfire as badly as you think it did, you managed to basically get a nationality statement from everyone in game by the second night which really helped me figure out that Irish was the scum player I was targeting.

Edited by Shade939
Second night instead of third night.

7 hours ago, Jeod said:

As for CYOR III, I'll post a sign-up thread in an hour or two. The actual start date of the game might change though if @VERTi60 has a game in mind. I've been informed that he's been informed that this game is over.

Really depends on what players want to play. If people want to play Jeod's CYOR III next then let it happen.

I was thinking on few concepts that can be hosted as next, some will take longer to setup, some (like the APB mafia/chat) can be hosted immediately.

@everyone here, let me know if I should post an interest thread or if you wanna play Jeod's game (I dunno when if I'm going to be available after that game though, but I know that next January, February I'll be probably super busy).

10 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Really depends on what players want to play. If people want to play Jeod's CYOR III next then let it happen.

I was thinking on few concepts that can be hosted as next, some will take longer to setup, some (like the APB mafia/chat) can be hosted immediately.

@everyone here, let me know if I should post an interest thread or if you wanna play Jeod's game (I dunno when if I'm going to be available after that game though, but I know that next January, February I'll be probably super busy).

If you'll be busy and you have an APB setup in mind, go for it now. I'm completely fine with pushing CYOR III back to January.