[Game Over-Warmonger Victory] Cuban Missile Crisis Mafia

OrangeP47

I could extend it by a day or two. Technically, if our reserve player joins in, we just need two more. Advertising some places then might be overkill, but there are probably a few places we could look.  Anyone else know of some other untapped pockets we could hit?

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I could extend it by a day or two. Technically, if our reserve player joins in, we just need two more. Advertising some places then might be overkill, but there are probably a few places we could look.  Anyone else know of some other untapped pockets we could hit?

Well, I tracked down @kamuixmod on reddit by stalking his username on google search. :v If you're willing to ignore the creep factor, you could apply that to some old names. I'm sure the staff have a healthy list you could borrow.

Didn't you mention at one point that the setup could be adjusted for lower playercount? Or was it already adjusted?

Edit: Just used the ol' google search method to find BaneofSorrows. I linked him this thread, but interest is entirely his prerogative. :p

Edited by Jeod

It can't be adjusted down without a complete overhaul of both the roles and the World Tension system, which while potentially doable, isn't a 'quick fix'.

I'll officially extend signups through Tuesday, and start the game on Wednesday (so hammer will fall on Black Friday instead of actual Thanksgiving). Unless we have a bunch of degenerates here who actually go shopping on that day from hell, in which case I can push it back a bit more.

I know a few more people I can ask if they're interested, but I don't think my success rate will be high, so I do appreciate any "help", such as finding Kam, heh.

1 hour ago, Shade939 said:

Thanks for the welcome @Nodlied.

Can't say I have much experience with playing Mafia, so I'm a bit curious about how this entire thing is going to turn out.

Just know when to throw shade and when to shut up and you’ll be fine :p

First, welcome to the forum!

Shade, for my advice, just pretend you're a detective, that's what I do. Although I usually end up mostly relying on my gut (and charts) to determine who's scum (mafia), that said it's worked pretty well for me so far. Like 80% accuracy. Of course if you turn out to be scum, then just try your best to play the fool, since you're new it'd work very well for you. Or maybe read the Death Note game that OrangeP47 was a part of and take notes, albeit the rules are very much different from this game, he did pretty good at sliding by, pretending to be Town until the very end. Though if you do, be prepared, it'd probably take you 2 hours or more to read through it all, and depending on if you read through all the docs it could go up to 4 hours. Which is why I posted the only four docs that'd matter in case you just want to skim those. Whatever side you end up on man, good luck!

Death Note Mafia Game

OrangeP47 and Killing You Doc (AKA Scum Doc)

OrangeP47 and Voe Doc (example of how to fool Town)

OrangeP47 and ChopBam Doc (another example of fooling town)

Edit: OrangeP47 and Jeod (Basically Scum Doc)

Once more, thanks for the two welcomes and the general advice.

@TheIrishman I appreciate the links also, that should make it a bit easier on me to get a handle on the game and how it'll likely play out. As for playing the part of the fool, I don't think it should be that difficult a challenge in this case. :p

BTW, if need be because of the holiday, we could do Day 1 72 hours to give everyone plenty of time. I think it being Day 1 though with little of import going on and having the deadline Friday is still a good measure.

Also Retaliation, I see you looking at the thread.  If you want to come out of your reserve status and sign up for real you have to send me the PM with the required info :p

Okay, at this point we have two options.

1) Delay the game further and hope for another signup.  Perhaps Thanksgiving week was not the best time.

2) I could try and rush job and modify some things to make this work for tomorrow. It won't be as good as if we'd gone with the full 11-13 though.

I have an early doctor's appointment tomorrow, but after I get back from that I can look at consensus and make a decision.

6 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Okay, at this point we have two options.

1) Delay the game further and hope for another signup.  Perhaps Thanksgiving week was not the best time.

2) I could try and rush job and modify some things to make this work for tomorrow. It won't be as good as if we'd gone with the full 11-13 though.

I have an early doctor's appointment tomorrow, but after I get back from that I can look at consensus and make a decision.

I think if you push the deadline to Saturday or Sunday you'll get at least another player. Even the signed up players haven't been as active this week.

I think I'll go with Sunday, as that will work out best for my schedule.  At some point next week I might need to modify hammer a few days, but that's going to happen for the foreseeable future, and I'll always give advanced notice if something's going to move (my dad is having hip replacement Wednesday, and I might have to help out around the family home a bit to make up for his lack of mobility).

It only took me 13 minutes to send all PMs actually, yay!

-----

Day One

You awaken this cold October morning with a sense of unease. The United States has discovered Soviet nuclear weapons on Cuba, a mere 90 miles off the Florida coast. This greatly upsets the strategic balance of power. Peace relies on the delicate knife’s edge known as MAD, or Mutually Assured Destruction. If the Soviets were to gain First Strike capacity, they’d have near unlimited bargaining power, a position the United States cannot allow them to enjoy uncontested. The world is close to being plunged into nuclear war, a thought that makes even the most stoic man tremble.

nintchdbpict0002661315291.jpg?w=960

Or maybe not.  There are those among you who think that war might be a good thing. Some of you may think your side can win the war outright, others may not want to lose face by backing down, or maybe some of you just want to watch the world burn. Regardless, while the majority of you want peace, there is a distinct faction of Warmongers in the fold!  The rest of you must stop them, by finding out who they are and eliminating them, while also avoiding World Tension spilling over into nuclear war on its own.

Objectives:

Town – Eliminate the warmongers/mafia while avoiding 100% World Tension.

Mafia – Gain a 50% vote share during day lynches or cause World Tension to hit 100%

Rules:

This game is a work of fiction. Character roles are not intended to 100% accurately reflect their real life counterparts.

In some circumstances, special victory conditions may apply.

There may be situations where one team has a win 100% locked up, but the game must continue to a resolution, because the details are not settled yet and players are not yet aware that the result is inevitable.

All other standard rules apply.

-----

Current World Tension Level:  0 

Nodlied voted no one
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
FRAYDO voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Killing_You voted no one
Voe voted no one
Cat 5 voted no one
Shade voted no one