Imperial Age: Question (split from IA Preview thread)

I have a question because of Imperial age is it possible to play imperial age on a special server I know about a server on renlist but I cant join it Idk why but I cant is there another server ore will it a special part of w3d ore a special launcher from imperial age itself and let me say thanks to the devs and w3d for posting new infos for the game then alone the fact that you can rebuild destroyed things ist AWESOME and the ships are cool too also pls continue your work imperial age and let us have some fun cya on the battlefield 

mfg commander jack

KANE LIVES IN DEATH

Edited by xCommanderJackx

On 11/7/2017 at 12:05 AM, xCommanderJackx said:

I have a question because of Imperial age is it possible to play imperial age on a special server I know about a server on renlist but I cant join it Idk why but I cant is there another server ore will it a special part of w3d ore a special launcher from imperial age itself and let me say thanks to the devs and w3d for posting new infos for the game then alone the fact that you can rebuild destroyed things ist AWESOME and the ships are cool too also pls continue your work imperial age and let us have some fun cya on the battlefield 

mfg commander jack

KANE LIVES IN DEATH

Hi and welcome Commander Jack, thank you for your compliment.

For your question regarding about having error or cannot join the server I think there is a number of possibilities why you could not join.

1. It could be your client side had stumble a corrupted file. When you join a server your renegade will download the server plugin/map/features and many more. I would suggest that you need to delete all the files located at %appdata%/Roaming/Renegade/Client/ttfs. But be warned, as you may have to re download all the other files you had on other server if you are a regular player there.

2. I am very sorry but I have to say you are using a primitive computer to play such as Pentium 3/4 with extremely old, low end video card. I encounter a player who said he had a Pentium 3 ,64 or 128mb of RAM barely able to play my maps with over 40 different kind of vehicles at one point of the map.

3. Are you from China? I encounter many [Dragon] clan member player who had issue joining the server because they have to bypass The Great Firewall which you can learn more here. Or if your country  have these installed to protect their citizen.

4. An extremely rare issue I found out many years ago, some weird reason my Norton Anti Virus is not letting me to join a server, this issue was ages ago lets say 2007-2008? But I doubt today anti virus will block you from connecting to a server, no harm disabling it and trying it out.

1. I have an amd A10 7800 quadcore and a rx470 as graficcard and 6 gb ram 2. I come from germany also it can be about your thinking about your 3. points and 3. I ahve not this anti virus programm when I start renlist it comes no renegade installation found but I have it from origin from the ultimade eiditon of C&C and I have it installed but it says it cant be found but a question can it be that its gamespyarcade may the problem because the server of this was shout down when its not the case is the problem that renlist says no renegade installation found how can this be and I say ty to your response

Are you aware that you can just "Google" the ssleay32.dll the problem?

https://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/missing-not-found-error/dll/windows/electronic-arts-inc/need-for-speed-the-run-limited-edition/ssleay32-dll/

I hope that helps but I never encounter a problem such as ssleay32.dll

4 hours ago, Kaskins said:

Are you aware that you can just "Google" the ssleay32.dll the problem?

https://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/missing-not-found-error/dll/windows/electronic-arts-inc/need-for-speed-the-run-limited-edition/ssleay32-dll/

I hope that helps but I never encounter a problem such as ssleay32.dll

Lol never download a random DLL from the internet. You want a virus? Because thats how you get a virus.

5 hours ago, Neijwiert said:

Lol never download a random DLL from the internet. You want a virus? Because thats how you get a virus.

I think he's just pointing out that the problem can be googled.

While it is a terrible idea to download random dll files, as most sites that offer such things indeed do serve viruses freely, I had at one point a couple of years ago found a place that did offer legitimate files (compared by hash myself) but I can't remember the name... If I remember then I'll post back. It was primarily for windows system files. I used the service a few times while in the process of doing manual clean-up on a previously infected machine.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I think he's just pointing out that the problem can be googled.

While it is a terrible idea to download random dll files, as most sites that offer such things indeed do serve viruses freely, I had at one point a couple of years ago found a place that did offer legitimate files (compared by hash myself) but I can't remember the name... If I remember then I'll post back. It was primarily for windows system files. I used the service a few times while in the process of doing manual clean-up on a previously infected machine.

I did download a dll files from the internet for warcraft 3 as it was oddly missing 1 file to start, what I did was that I google the file and download and the game works. Before that it couldn't start stating that a "x".dll files is missing. Anyway thanks for sharing as I'll keep in mind before downloading random files, I always do some research like "X" is missing "Z" files before actually download something.

With Google, today you can almost get anything by just simply googling it.

5 hours ago, Kaskins said:

I did download a dll files from the internet for warcraft 3 as it was oddly missing 1 file to start, what I did was that I google the file and download and the game works. Before that it couldn't start stating that a "x".dll files is missing. Anyway thanks for sharing as I'll keep in mind before downloading random files, I always do some research like "X" is missing "Z" files before actually download something.

With Google, today you can almost get anything by just simply googling it.

Right. But its still ill advised to download it then still. Im gonna stay out of it for now since you guys clearly don't agree with me. @xCommanderJackx I hope you get it fixed and I suggest you contact the maker of Renlist.

Hey @xCommanderJackx you might try this tool as well:

Its a little something I've been working on for a while. It does have some bugs and it doesn't work perfectly, but it should be able to do what you're needing if you can't get renlist to work. When complete, it will also list the servers as renlist does. My aim is for it to be a simpler alternative to renlist. All you will need is the server IP and port number for the IA server, and some other basic info which you will know, and it should work! Let me know how it turns out and if you need any help!

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

Hey @xCommanderJackx you might try this tool as well:

Its a little something I've been working on for a while. It does have some bugs and it doesn't work perfectly, but it should be able to do what you're needing if you can't get renlist to work. When complete, it will also list the servers as renlist does. My aim is for it to be a simpler alternative to renlist. All you will need is the server IP and port number for the IA server, and some other basic info which you will know, and it should work! Let me know how it turns out and if you need any help!

ok I tipped the IP and the server port from renlist intro your programm but I cant connect the server because the button is blue and when I clicked it it does nothing did I may forgett something about it

ok now I comes the error the file cannot be found 

Just now, Einstein said:

Did you fill in the other blanks? It needs to know your nickname and where your game is. It should not allow you to try to connect until all of that is filled in.

yes I do in path of executeable is the path where my renegade is with the renegade exe as end and as game name I took command and conquer renegade 

Unbenannt.PNG

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Can you launch renegade at all? Like does it run in single player? It almost sounds like you have a game issue if neither renlist nor my program will work with it.

with your programm I cant start renegade even in singleplayer I think it is maybe a problem with origin because when i have as an example renegade on my destop and I will start it it opens my origin and I must then manually start it from origin and not from my destop Icon 

Using game.exe or game2.exe should do that, as game.exe is the original renegade program and game2 is a TT-team modified version of the same thing I believe. Post another screenshot with the correct path and let me see if I can notice anything else.

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Using game.exe or game2.exe should do that, as game.exe is the original renegade program and game2 is a TT-team modified version of the same thing I believe. Post another screenshot with the correct path and let me see if I can notice anything else.

moment I dont have a game2.exe