Interest Thread for the next forum game - pick now!

VERTi60

Pick which game(s) you would like to participate in:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which game you would like to play next:

• RA:APB-themed Mafia Forum Game VI
    • RA:APB-themed Mafia Forum Game VII
    • RA:APB-themed Mafia Chat Game
    • TS: Reborn themed Mafia Forum Game I
    • Star Wars Mafia - Jedi vs Sith
    • RPG/Strategy Game - flavor to be determined
  2. 2. In case there isn't enough interest for any above, which game you would like to play after:

• RA:APB-themed Mafia Forum Game
    • RA:APB-themed Mafia Chat Game
    • TS: Reborn-themed Mafia Forum Game
    • Other flavor standard Mafia Forum Game - closed setup
    • CYOR Forum Mafia - open setup
    • RPG/Strategy/Complex Mafia Forum Game

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2017 at 10:59 PM

As promised, here's an interest thread with poll so you can pick a next game I'm gonna run. Remember that each game requires certain amount of votes in order to be picked, and in case of multiple games making it, the game with more votes will take precedence.

Here's some more info regarding the suggested games:

BH0Yhxn.jpg?1

RA:APB-themed Mafia Forum Game VI/VII:

• Type: Battle action RA:APB flavor Mafia
  • Min. Player votes: 10
  • Availability: Option 1 can be run immediately, Option 2 at least in 1 or 2 weeks

Option 1:

Option 2:

Part VII will include experimental naval combat, more or less ship combat would be played on grid battlefield alongside the normal mafia gameplay, so ##shoot actions would not be run by classic RNG this time but by the ship position on the grid itself. Think of it as mafia + battleship board guessing game.

RA:APB-themed Mafia Chat Game:

• Type: Battle action RA:APB flavor live Mafia, played on our Teamspeak
  • Min. Player votes: 5
  • Availability: anytime

We can play the chat version anytime and whenever between forum games. Just need at least 5 players to sign up so we can schedule an hour or two event for it.

Ul55KXS.png

TS: Reborn themed Mafia Forum Game I

• Type: Battle action TS: Reborn flavor Mafia
  • Min. Player votes: 8
  • Availability: in 1 or 2 weeks

The first version will only include infantry, no vehicle or building characters, so it will be a very simple concept at first, hence less players required. Kinda like Infantry Beta, yes? :D 

Infantry combat will be played differently from classic APB Mafia - instead of RNG, we will have character health-bars, armor, and stealth (similar to Dead Space games).

lSTvlsL.png

Star Wars Mafia - Jedi vs Sith

• Type: Star Wars flavor Mafia CYOR with extra Duel phase
  • Availability: in 2-3 weeks

The game will include standard mafia mechanics (finding Sith among the Jedi council), force balance (equivalent of the marker convergence meter in DS games, or world tension in WW games) as well as extra dueling phase, where two voted individuals will fight with light-sabers and force special powers.

145832-004-510D6F21.jpg

RPG/Strategy Game - flavor to be determined

• Type: RPG/Strategy game
  • Availability: in 2-3 months

If you are up to play a RPG game, which would last a bit longer than standard mafia, vote for this. I still have some concepts in mind, such as for Dead Space flavored (RPG) or the previously announced Red Alert (Strategy) one. Or we can have something completely different. I probably won't have time to have it ready this month and next month I'll be busy so it's more or less for Spring time next year.

21 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Reminder: One day to vote, so far none of the games that could be hosted as next one reached at least a minimum number of votes.

I couldn't vote on the second poll. I have no preference in regards to TS: Reborn or CYOR. I would play either one.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

I couldn't vote on the second poll. I have no preference in regards to TS: Reborn or CYOR. I would play either one.

On 12/9/2017 at 8:04 AM, TheIrishman said:

I already voted Star Wars, but since I voted before the secondary poll, I'd like to add my second vote to the CYOR game.

Added your votes to the poll.

Few hours left to vote. After a week of voting it looks like none of the suggested games (1st poll) will make it, Star Wars Mafia has 7 votes (6 regulars) out of 10 needed.

According to 2nd Poll the most desired game will be an open CYOR, probably Reborn themed.

49 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

My guess is that the Star Wars mafia game will get more signups than it got votes.

...or less :p There's always the availability factor. And we have one non regular vote on that too.

9 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Shade just started playing on Orange's game and he seems interested in more.

@Category 5 Hurricane even though you didn't vote for it, would you play Star Wars mafia if that was the next one?

Most likely, yes. Afterall, the poll asked "Which game would you like to play next?" not "Would you sign up for this game?"  or otherwise imply that games you don't vote for are games you won't play. Therefore, I voted for what I would like to play next, and didn't vote for just all games I would play.

If he wants the answer to the latter question, he should ask that.

24 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Most likely, yes. Afterall, the poll asked "Which game would you like to play next?" not "Would you sign up for this game?"  or otherwise imply that games you don't vote for are games you won't play. Therefore, I voted for what I would like to play next, and didn't vote for just all games I would play.

If he wants the answer to the latter question, he should ask that.

I mean, that's true too. I too will play any game we decide on, even if it's not one I voted for.

Well I allowed multi choice in the poll so that you can vote for more games that you would like to "play", e.g. join them. If you didn't select it, it tells me it's not interesting/worth for you joining.

Again, since there are some of you who didn't vote but would still join, please let me know which games you would join now so that I can count these and make up a decision what's gonna be hosted or postponed.

I think you're being too methodical about it. There appears to already be a majority indication that Star Wars and CYOR flavors would be the most desired, while most if not all players would join either one if hosted.

1 minute ago, VERTi60 said:

Based on this I don't have enough player interest for neither of the games, so I need to be sure.

It's obvious that with 12 people voting and more than 12 total poll votes that some people didn't realize they could select multiple options. I'm among those. Considering that data and allowing for a margin of error, I'd wager that Star Wars, TS Reborn, and CYOR are your three contenders.

Just now, Jeod said:

It's obvious that with 12 people voting and more than 12 total poll votes that some people didn't realize they could select multiple options. I'm among those. Considering that data and allowing for a margin of error, I'd wager that Star Wars, TS Reborn, and CYOR are your three contenders.

I know but right now I want to know if we can get enough for Star Wars now or wait later for CYOR/Reborn.

Why not put up a signup thread and be elastic with the type of game that will be hosted depending on signups? You could even allow conditional signups if you're not sure e.g. "I'll play if we end up playing X or Y".