APB 3.1.4.0 Changelog

3.1.4.1 minipatch:

General

• Server no longer crashes if a C4 or clearing charge gets attached to terrain.

Buildings

Neutral Technology Centre

• Fixed floating snow on top of the rooftop entrance.
  • Added vehicle blockers to the exterior walls, to stop vehicles from getting flipped over by them since they're slanted.

Maps

RA_Metro

• The waypoint system has been implemented to allow bots to attack the enemy base from up to 5 different directions, since the removal of vehicles means we don't have to worry about them trying to go down the infantry-only routes.

RA_Zama

• Fixed a very obviously floating rock.

Nice to see another update!

Any plans to tie a capture logic to the tech center? Not that I'd know what it would unlock right at this very moment, but I'm sure conjuring something up wouldn't be too hard!

But anyhow, I really should finish that map I was supposed to finish a decade ago...

1 hour ago, Raap said:

Any plans to tie a capture logic to the tech center? Not that I'd know what it would unlock right at this very moment, but I'm sure conjuring something up wouldn't be too hard!

I originally wanted to do that, having the tech centre be capturable and possibly enable the purchase of higher-tech units, but when I decided to start working again after my break it was only a few weeks back and I felt didn't have the time to figure out how to make it work - and in the end I only just barely got this stuff out for Christmas day anyway. So I decided to do a variation on the KOTG crate thing instead, which is probably more balanced anyway because it means one team isn't going to immediately have a full regiment of mechanics ready to go right after they get their first "capture" in. Some time in the future I may give a try at making it capturable though. :) 

10 hours ago, Pushwall said:

I originally wanted to do that, having the tech centre be capturable and possibly enable the purchase of higher-tech units, but when I decided to start working again after my break it was only a few weeks back and I felt didn't have the time to figure out how to make it work - and in the end I only just barely got this stuff out for Christmas day anyway. So I decided to do a variation on the KOTG crate thing instead, which is probably more balanced anyway because it means one team isn't going to immediately have a full regiment of mechanics ready to go right after they get their first "capture" in. Some time in the future I may give a try at making it capturable though. :) 

Maybe tie some stationary defenses to it, or an area-effect buff that remains in a controlled area.

Siege's cannons were an attempt capturable defenses, but truthfully the lack of 'killing the visible passenger/driver' engine support is a bit of a downer on the gameplay, but I'm sure via capture logic more sensible things could be done, like ejecting all drivers upon an ownership change. But then there is that little matter of creating a new type of player-controllable defensive structure without visible passenger slots...

Edit: Imagine Siege's cannons but ownership changing via a central control hub captured via a king of the hill progress trigger, this would solve a lot of shortcomings, and more importantly, it would make more sense for a 'tech lab'.

Edited by Raap

@Raap are you saying that once captured a turret comes online for that side?

Or are  Oh saying that a controllable stationary turret comes online.

I do see the advantage to the first option more than the second option. A player controlled turret (unless up high) would simply take a man out of the field. The first option an AI turret would add a tactical advantage of shutting down an attack route to an opponent. Yet the turret would not impede the ability for a techie to capture the building.