AR :: December 2017 Update

2 hours ago, xCommanderJackx said:

I have a question about the Iron curtain and Im sure you will get the chronosphere too the thing is how you implement you it in the game because in the RTS way its one thing but in a game like Apocalypse rising its diverant because of how to use it  and how good it works but Im interested in too and the reinforce bay is a nice idea because its a complete new structure what dosent exists in red alert 2 before it will nice too and may an idea for the sowjets maybe an Airbase HQ like the allies have with MiG Bombers because I know a mod where the sowjets have an airbase hq too like the allies and it wasnt bad because it gives the sowjets an additional aircraft what exist in red alert 1 too 

Currently you can open a minimap and click around on it to activate the chronosphere and iron curtain.

5 hours ago, xCommanderJackx said:

I have a question about the Iron curtain and Im sure you will get the chronosphere too the thing is how you implement you it in the game because in the RTS way its one thing but in a game like Apocalypse rising its diverant because of how to use it  and how good it works but Im interested in too and the reinforce bay is a nice idea because its a complete new structure what dosent exists in red alert 2 before it will nice too and may an idea for the sowjets maybe an Airbase HQ like the allies have with MiG Bombers because I know a mod where the sowjets have an airbase hq too like the allies and it wasnt bad because it gives the sowjets an additional aircraft what exist in red alert 1 too 

Glad you like the idea of Reinforcement Bays Jack! We'll have Migs in the game already, but they are currently part of Boris' airstrike ability. We've got no plans for soviet air bases currently, but they will definitely be getting the Siege Chopper and Kirov Airship!

It says "Soviets" not "sowjets" you're speaking gibberish just a little! Because the Chronosphere is needing more textures!

I'll show you the Soviet Missile Silo: nuke_silo_blog_2.png.911f9bff3b4eac69c037861587a8f8f2.png

It looks great, you'll see when it is put in next blog!

Edited by Mihaita12

6 hours ago, Mihaita12 said:

I've had enough to wait! I need those lead testers help them! Enough with ECW patch updates!

Calm down...I don't mean to be or sound rude, or backseat mod if one could consider it that, but this kind of overbearing attitude tends to be what kills mods. Besides, everyone that's working on AR, testers included, is doing so of their own free time. We all have lives beyond games that come first.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:31 PM, ganein14 said:

Calm down...I don't mean to be or sound rude, or backseat mod if one could consider it that, but this kind of overbearing attitude tends to be what kills mods. Besides, everyone that's working on AR, testers included, is doing so of their own free time. We all have lives beyond games that come first.

Well... please stop updating ECW!

34 minutes ago, Mihaita12 said:

Well... please stop updating ECW!

ECW is worked on by only one person here (to my knowledge at least). The only possible thing that ECW and AR have in common when ECW was in development, is that they shared the same pool of testers when it migrated here.

Edited by ganein14

On 2/3/2018 at 8:01 AM, OWA said:

Glad you like the idea of Reinforcement Bays Jack! We'll have Migs in the game already, but they are currently part of Boris' airstrike ability. We've got no plans for soviet air bases currently, but they will definitely be getting the Siege Chopper and Kirov Airship!

Wait actually pilotable Kirovs? That is quite the accomplishment considering how they are spawned, where to get in, how to balance something that massive, and how does it not create lag?

its like introducing a flying house

Edited by Raptor29aa

39 minutes ago, Raptor29aa said:

Wait actually pilotable Kirovs? That is quite the accomplishment considering how they are spawned, where to get in, how to balance something that massive, and how does it not create lag?

its like introducing a flying house

Yeah, actual pilotable Kirovs! They are a bit on the small side currently because they have to actually fit inside the War Factory, but we're planning on scaling them up a bit in the future.

The current idea is to have them inflate as they come out of the top of the War Factory.

The size and slowness is actually fine for lag! It's fast vehicles that cause issues. :p

Here's a quick video:

On 2/24/2018 at 2:14 AM, Mihaita12 said:

Then how to apply to be a tester?

Read before replying.

On 2/23/2018 at 10:51 AM, OWA said:

We've actually closed tester applications for the time being.

OWA answered this literally the post before you asked.

6 hours ago, Mihaita12 said:

So, when next blog is gonna be put? After ECW patches?

Look.... We all do this for fun, in our spare time (I'm speaking about all the staff, devs, testers, moderators, admins). None of us are paid, and many of us have donated not only our time but our money to keep these projects alive, so not only are we not paid, it costs us to be here. If we were a massive AAA dev company that should be making quick awesome progress, then I could understand your impatience. But we are not. We are all volunteers.

So what does that mean?

It means that development goes as quickly as we can make it go. There are many factors that contribute to how quickly or slowly progress is made. A major factor is motivation. One great way to help things move faster is to encourage the developers. It works! Don't you feel better about what you do, and thus do better when someone gives you a compliment about your work? Sure, thats human nature.

But motivation is a double-edged sword. How you ask? Well to put it bluntly, when people come along and start badgering and rushing and demanding progress in certain areas, and that we should even go so far as to stop development of one game, just because they want to see progress be made on another game, then you have demotivation, or the taking away of what motivation that might have been present, because who wants to work when there is such hostility present? Nobody.

So how can you help? @Mihaita12

Give compliments and stop making demands. Tell the devs how good they are doing (because they really are doing great) instead of demanding more updates, or that we make radical changes to our development process to appease your boredom. Thats not how this works.

Just be nice, updates will come when they are ready.

5 hours ago, Mihaita12 said:

So, when next blog is gonna be put? After ECW patches?

Hi Mihaitia12. Another AR blog update is being worked on currently, so expect it soon! If you have further questions please feel free to direct them to my inbox.

Thank you for your patience. :)

• 5 months later...