AR :: December 2017 Update

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:59 AM, Raptor29aa said:

They don't need a Reinforcement Bay. All they need are cloning vats ;-)

They don't need Cloning Vats to clone players, that's not possible, first: you're mistaken! second: Reinforcement Bay is needed and retextured! third: no wrong quotes against it! That's all!

Edited by Mihaita12

2 hours ago, Mihaita12 said:

They don't need Cloning Vats to clone players, that's not possible, first: you're mistaken! second: Reinforcement Bay is needed and retextured! third: no wrong quotes against it! That's all!

...it was a joke... notice the wink at the end? . I know a factory with purchasable AI bots would be overpowered and ridiculous. 

Although I do admit a building that provides free vehicles, and free money does sound a bit silly. I could see it as a neutral capturable building. But I suppose somethingthat functions like apb’s radar dome would be better than free.

The idea behind the Reinforcement Bay is to keep the game from slowing to a crawl. One of the issues people have had with Renegade (and Renegade mods, by extension) is that the games rely heavily on the War Factory and the Refinery, to the point where any team that loses these two structures is considered crippled. Each game has their own answer to this problem; the Reinforcement Bay is AR's. The income provided will never be as good as the Refinery, and the vehicles provided will never make it a substitute for the War Factory. What it will do, however, is provide enough support for a team that has lost these two structures to hold a successful defense and possibly, if the team is smart enough, allow them to turn the tide of the battle.

I admit, I was initially skeptical of its inclusion, but after seeing how it plays out in a few rounds of testing, I think it's going to be a welcome addition.

20 hours ago, Killing_You said:

The idea behind the Reinforcement Bay is to keep the game from slowing to a crawl. One of the issues people have had with Renegade (and Renegade mods, by extension) is that the games rely heavily on the War Factory and the Refinery, to the point where any team that loses these two structures is considered crippled. Each game has their own answer to this problem; the Reinforcement Bay is AR's. The income provided will never be as good as the Refinery, and the vehicles provided will never make it a substitute for the War Factory. What it will do, however, is provide enough support for a team that has lost these two structures to hold a successful defense and possibly, if the team is smart enough, allow them to turn the tide of the battle.

I admit, I was initially skeptical of its inclusion, but after seeing how it plays out in a few rounds of testing, I think it's going to be a welcome addition.

So, The Reinforcement Bay gets destroyed? I don't think so!

23 hours ago, moonsense715 said:

Reinforcement Bays cannot be attacked or destroyed. In addition, since they cannot "die", killing them is not required for base destruction victory.

It can be recaptured! Apocalypse Rising Team, show me the texture of Reinforcement bay!

On 1/3/2018 at 9:59 PM, Raptor29aa said:

They don't need a Reinforcement Bay. All they need are cloning vats ;-)

How exactly would the cloning vat work? Would it create an AI Conscript every time someone spawns, or if you buy a class a second AI with that class would exit the vat, or would someone get it for free?

4 hours ago, ThunderStruck115 said:

How exactly would the cloning vat work? Would it create an AI Conscript every time someone spawns, or if you buy a class a second AI with that class would exit the vat, or would someone get it for free?

Not sure honestly. Some of your ideas sound plausible if we were to include the vat, but unless something changes, we wont be seeing the cloning vat in AR.

11 hours ago, ThunderStruck115 said:

Spawning an AI was how we were looking to do it back when we thought it was a good idea to include the Cloning Vats. If we ever include the building, it will probably be in the form of a mission map or something similar.

5 hours ago, Raap said:

What is your 'new targeting dialog'?

It's a little box you can pop up where you can select a target for a something to occur and it then occurs where you select it. Like an overhead map of sorts.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:12 AM, ThunderStruck115 said:

Bots don't work on Multiplayer! 

Ok I think I will clarify. If there was a clone vat building. It would have a purchase terminal to create a clone of your character for example named “Raptor29a Clone” and there would have to be a script to limit one clone per character.

I think that would be the only reasonable why it could be implemented. Strangely enough I am going in depth on my sarcasm to the point of plausibility.

PS I look forward to whatever you guys come up with. I know this game will be a completely different animal and feel than APB. So I will temporarily suspend my judgement but continue my enthusiasm.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:34 AM, Raptor29aa said:

Ok I think I will clarify. If there was a clone vat building. It would have a purchase terminal to create a clone of your character for example named “Raptor29a Clone” and there would have to be a script to limit one clone per character.

I think that would be the only reasonable why it could be implemented. Strangely enough I am going in depth on my sarcasm to the point of plausibility.

PS I look forward to whatever you guys come up with. I know this game will be a completely different animal and feel than APB. So I will temporarily suspend my judgement but continue my enthusiasm.

It cannot be a clone building in this multiplayer!

I have a question about the Iron curtain and Im sure you will get the chronosphere too the thing is how you implement you it in the game because in the RTS way its one thing but in a game like Apocalypse rising its diverant because of how to use it  and how good it works but Im interested in too and the reinforce bay is a nice idea because its a complete new structure what dosent exists in red alert 2 before it will nice too and may an idea for the sowjets maybe an Airbase HQ like the allies have with MiG Bombers because I know a mod where the sowjets have an airbase hq too like the allies and it wasnt bad because it gives the sowjets an additional aircraft what exist in red alert 1 too 

1 hour ago, xCommanderJackx said:

I have a question about the Iron curtain and Im sure you will get the chronosphere too the thing is how you implement you it in the game because in the RTS way its one thing but in a game like Apocalypse rising its diverant because of how to use it  and how good it works but Im interested in too and the reinforce bay is a nice idea because its a complete new structure what dosent exists in red alert 2 before it will nice too and may an idea for the sowjets maybe an Airbase HQ like the allies have with MiG Bombers because I know a mod where the sowjets have an airbase hq too like the allies and it wasnt bad because it gives the sowjets an additional aircraft what exist in red alert 1 too 

I don't know what you're talking about