ECWBanner.png

Jerad2142 is happy to announce that Expansive Civilian Warfare is set for an upcoming release this month on December 30th! If you didn't already know, ECW has it all! From stealing cars to petting deer, ECW has something for everyone. Look for it on the W3D Hub Launcher come release date, and stay tuned for more updates!

UPDATE: ECW has been released! Update your launcher and download the game now!

[blurb]Jerad2142 is happy to announce that Expansive Civilian Warfare is set for an upcoming release this month on December 30th![/blurb]

[thumb]thumb_ecw.0.png [/thumb]

I have been waiting for this game wondering when it will come out THE TIME HAS COME FOR A NEW GAME TO ENTER and good job on the game its pretty good for a  renegade mod but now I don't need the renegade game I mean I have the disc but I'm afraid to get a virus on my windows 10 pc. but over all this is a good game pleas continue the good work I like this game and it looks AWSOME!!!

36 minutes ago, thedisclaimitory said:

I have been waiting for this game wondering when it will come out THE TIME HAS COME FOR A NEW GAME TO ENTER and good job on the game its pretty good for a  renegade mod but now I don't need the renegade game I mean I have the disc but I'm afraid to get a virus on my windows 10 pc. but over all this is a good game pleas continue the good work I like this game and it looks AWSOME!!!

oh my god I know right once I had a disk from renegade studios that definitely had a virus on it cause windows 10 was having trouble running it but overall I cant wait to play ECW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE !

This is the weirdest game I've ever played, and I've played a lot of games. It just goes to show the gameplay versatility W3D can handle.

Unfortunately W3D's shortcomings do show; poor physics, and extreme vulnerability to latency in the form of rubber banding.

As for the objective of the game, I'm absolutely clueless, and cannot really comment on it.

1 hour ago, Raap said:

As for the objective of the game, I'm absolutely clueless, and cannot really comment on it.

The objective of this game is to just have fun and explore. If you want to cause mayhem and destruction, go for it. If you want to earn money and become the wealthiest person on the server knock yourself out. All that matters, is that you have fun doing so.

3 hours ago, ganein14 said:

The objective of this game is to just have fun and explore. If you want to cause mayhem and destruction, go for it. If you want to earn money and become the wealthiest person on the server knock yourself out. All that matters, is that you have fun doing so.

The ultimate sandbox game :dance:

Oh, but do not misunderstand me, I think it is an excellent showcase for W3D capabilities and Jerad did great work on all the game logic involved, you can tell he spent a huge amount of work on it. This would be a game to compete with modern day releases on the gameplay front, it is just unfortunate the other aspects of this old beast are showing their heads, but this is a problem that affects all W3D projects equally.

Jerad has achieved some things I've personally always wanted to try, such as the large scale singular game world with persistence. Now I've personally made a few quick stabs at alternate gameplay, the axed 'secret area' on APB's Siege is a good example and so would have been/will be the rail system for another APB level, but Jerad took this flexibility to a whole new level.

There are some other problems to iron out, such as graphical bugs performance issues in some conditions, but what's been released is something to be proud of. That said, I can only imagine how hard it must be to work on a level with that many gameplay logic implementations, when I already go nuts over 3DS's slow-arse performance of maps significantly smaller than that, and punch kittens every time APB's naval logic needed changes applied!

Edit: Bonus note on the 4000 meter view distance, that really changes the way you look at a W3D project.

Edited by Raap

SANDWICH and I posted translated news about Expansive Civilian Warfare in a large russian C&C-community, including a list of what does it change in original C&C Renegade gameplay. Unfortunately, I have own server, different jobs, and cannot play other games, but still I appreciate what are you doing for a whole community. Nice work on this! By the way, if you need some rap-ish background music, or music in another genres, maybe I can do that too, who knows =)

3 minutes ago, GraYaSDF said:

SANDWICH and I posted translated news about Expansive Civilian Warfare in a large russian C&C-community, including a list of what does it change in original C&C Renegade gameplay. Unfortunately, I have own server, different jobs, and cannot play other games, but still I appreciate what are you doing for a whole community. Nice work on this! By the way, if you need some rap-ish background music, or music in another genres, maybe I can do that too, who knows =)

What type of server are you hosting?

Just now, GraYaSDF said:

At the moment, it is Winter Assault TT 4.6. Running it at winter holidays instead of my previous work, Commando Assault TT 4.3 (p.s.: which also will be ported to TT 4.6 soon, because I love that update).

Ah cool you're that server!