[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, Jeod said:

Eager for information, yes. This is Day 1 but nobody dies. It's a rare opportunity in Verti60 games.

Being a tutorial and all, I assume Verti is going to share all the info with the class when the time comes, and it will come eventually even without us speeding it up :p Granted, there's something to be said for hands on experience, but given only two of us get to go to the duel it's still a "me first!" issue, heh.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Being a tutorial and all, I assume Verti is going to share all the info with the class when the time comes, and it will come eventually even without us speeding it up :p Granted, there's something to be said for hands on experience, but given only two of us get to go to the duel it's still a "me first!" issue, heh.

I have my own reasons for wanting to challenge someone.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Which would be useless speculation, imo. Let's get as much info as we can.

I'm not sure which side of the issue you're coming down on here. That could be taken as support of either.

I believe Verti did say a challenge shortens the day, but not by more than 24 hours.  Also, there's the issue of whether or not Verti is READY for the duel to take place as well.

5 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Verti, probably a good question since it's a test battle.

But are you actually revealing characters backgrounds for it, and using our real characters stats, or are we basically fighting each other with test characters?

Shade is asking good questions. So this is the plan, I won't reveal the character backgrounds during D0 nor any special race traits. But you get to use the force actions you've got by picking your attributes, I'm not making up new test mechanics for that. You'll also be able to use the basic light-saber techniques.

The reason why I'm not revealing character backgrounds (even though it's pure flavor and doesn't really tell you anything more) is a motivation for you guys to not be spoiled early by any additional info or that you can pick same players again later to learn this extra tidbit.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

That's one of my few motivations behind wanting a challenge. :)

I said in the OP that even though the duel can start early, it won't start sooner than 24 hours, and considering I had a very long day today it might not be shortened at all :p

4 hours ago, Sunflower said:

I agree with Category 5 that we shouldn't overrule the will of the Council lightly. Fighting is not the jedi way my friend!

#rejected #sorry

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

##challenge Category 5 Hurricane

[Challenge] Jeod challenged Category 5 in the Duel!

cqr2guL.png

2 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm not sure which side of the issue you're coming down on here. That could be taken as support of either.

Oh yeah I guess I wasn't very clear. It's alright. What I was saying is that whatever happens D0 doesn't really count toward actions, so how much can we really expect to glean from initial reads?

6 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Oh yeah I guess I wasn't very clear. It's alright. What I was saying is that whatever happens D0 doesn't really count toward actions, so how much can we really expect to glean from initial reads?

From the instant the game starts, even before really, we're all judging each other, is what I'm saying.  Even by the quality of our memes and whatnot.  I'd actually say D0 has been mildly productive so far in getting a feel for how everyone's going to handle this game.  The rules may be slightly different, but the reactions and interactions are genuine enough (or deliberately faked, etc etc).  You never know what might slip out during the joke phase.

From another perspective, it's also kind of bad form to skip right to the next phase before some people have even had a chance to check in that the game's started.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

From the instant the game starts, even before really, we're all judging each other, is what I'm saying.  Even by the quality of our memes and whatnot.  I'd actually say D0 has been mildly productive so far in getting a feel for how everyone's going to handle this game.  The rules may be slightly different, but the reactions and interactions are genuine enough (or deliberately faked, etc etc).  You never know what might slip out during the joke phase.

From another perspective, it's also kind of bad form to skip right to the next phase before some people have even had a chance to check in that the game's started.

About the only person who hasn't actually checked in yet is @FRAYDO.

While we can gain some information from D0, I still don't think we need to drag out for longer than a 24 hour time period since we still don't have access to the rules for the night phase yet.

15 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Sure, but this is the jokephase before the jokephase. Get what you will out of it.

31 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

About the only person who hasn't actually checked in yet is @FRAYDO.

Checking in, Mister Shade Nine Three Nine.

I got my Role PM and have absolutely no idea how to proceed. I'm thankful there is this D0 Tutorial phase.

So what I gather so far, our voted Champion is who we agree upon as being Jedi (town) and our voted Sith is our suspicious person (mafia). However, since I myself don't have a Sith vote on me I can also issue a challenge? And what happens if the challenge is declined? Is there a penalty or can we just casually avoid all challenges?

Just now, FRAYDO said:

So what I gather so far, our voted Champion is who we agree upon as being Jedi (town) and our voted Sith is our suspicious person (mafia). However, since I myself don't have a Sith vote on me I can also issue a challenge? And what happens if the challenge is declined? Is there a penalty or can we just casually avoid all challenges?

There's the added concern of we want a Champion who can fight well, as well.

It seems only one challenge can be active at a time, but there is no penalty for declining.