[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, Sunflower said:

Is there any reason why I should suspect Retal? Because if not I don't see how Fraydo's killer could be anyone other than Chop or Irish. ...I mean I guess it could be Jeod but that would be one scary force ghost.

Clearing Retal is based off Shade, really, which seems like a lock.  But if Shade was wrong and he actually can visit Sith, then we'd have an entire paradigm shift.  I don't think Retal lied about having Shade visit him, as Cat 5 seemed to confirm it, and in general Retal has acted fairly towny.  If he's sith, he deserves a medal for playing well.

I suppose Jeod could have killed FRAYDO, but for the other reasons I still suspect two sith, namely the fact that Irish ate your force AND I got corrupted twice.

Just now, Retaliation said:

I think there's some things you could call me out on. Suspected Jeod, but played soft. Didn't reveal shade until later. Argued against going after Irish at first in favor of KY.

TBH keeping Shade in your pocket is a fairly good move even. I mean, even I only revealed him after heavy debate.

I don't suppose you have Shade right now, do you? :p

Just now, Retaliation said:

Ok fine. If you're town you should surrender so we stop wasting our time on you.

I'll forgive that because you're probably not paying attention and you're the most Town person we got, but have you seen the FBI?

qVXjFGm.png

Probably just two more losses and we lose. If Orange or Voe die, it wouldn't be as big of a risk because they've both claimed to be corrupted, so it shouldn't impact the FBI as much. Not to mention them being top suspects in FRAYDO's death and everything else I've already said >.>

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

TBH keeping Shade in your pocket is a fairly good move even. I mean, even I only revealed him after heavy debate.

I don't suppose you have Shade right now, do you? :p

No, we both agreed he would visit Chop. If I got no response from Chop or couldn't coax one out of him, I would take that as him being scum.

I got confused when chop claimed KY and thought he said Shade. It's kind of suspicious.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Not to mention them being top suspects in FRAYDO's death and everything else I've already said >.>

Sunflower has already put out a good case as to why it's NOT either of us, though.  If you doubt me you doubt Chopbam.  Of course, I doubt Chopbam, but for different reasons, but at the very least that should force you to reconsider your stance, which you're not doing.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Sunflower has already put out a good case as to why it's NOT either of us, though.  If you doubt me you doubt Chopbam.  Of course, I doubt Chopbam, but for different reasons, but at the very least that should force you to reconsider your stance, which you're not doing.

As if you couldn't have used a Scum protection skill instead of the Meditation Trance >.>

Just now, TheIrishman said:

As if you couldn't have used a Scum protection skill instead of the Meditation Trance >.>

That would still mean I would have used a skill instead of doing other sith trickery I've been accused of, unless sith magically get to use more abilities than the standard rules state.

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

##Vote Champion ChopBam

##Vote Sith TheIrishMan

[Vote Counted] OrangeP47 voted ChopBam to be the Champion in the Duel!

[Vote Counted] OrangeP47 voted TheIrishman to be the Sith in the Duel!

27 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

##vote Champion ChopBam

##vote Sith Irish

[Vote Counted] Sunflower voted ChopBam to be the Champion in the Duel!

[Vote Counted] Sunflower voted TheIrishman to be the Sith in the Duel!

Ag1bzB7.png

g1HIofk.png

yBtwvZn.jpg

The sixth Duel is alive! The wise masters of the Jedi Council have selected these duelists:

ChopBam (Temiri Blagg) as Champion

TheIrishman (Faelyn The Seeker) as Sith

1AaWvoS.png

How to Duel:

The Duel is broken into Turns, each turn consisting of Attack and Defence phase. When your turn begins, you are the attacker and the opponent is defending, then your opponent's turn starts, he's attacking, and you're defending. You can only call actions during the attack phase though, so you have to think ahead too.

Besides Health and Force Points, there are now three more attributes that control the Duel: AttackDefense, and Stamina.

Attack value determines your attack value during your attack turn. Defense determines your defense value during your defense turn. When a player attacks, he deals damage based on your attack and the opponent's defense value (DAMAGE = YOUR ATTACK - OPPONENT'S DEFENSE).

Note: If the Defender successfully defends against the attacker (his Defence is greater than Attack), and he has an attack value greater than the attacker's defense, he can counterattack back.

Stamina is the cost of each attack or defense (no matter the result). Each Duelant starts with 100 Stamina points, and if they run out of Stamina, they can no longer attack nor defend. They need to wait their turn in order to Rest first to regain Stamina.

Every time you are attacking or defending, you are also rolling a dice (from 0-10), the dice will ultimately multiply your result. If you roll 0 you will miss, if you roll 10 you will achieve a critical hit. Critical hits can change the outcome of the turn pretty quickly. Dice values will be determined by RAND() function in my tracker.

To understand the Duel actions, let's explain these three terms:

• Ready Stance
  • Form Maneuver
  • Force Combat Action

Ready Stance is basically your defining move. If you want to be aggressive, defensive, balanced or resting during your turn, you need to select your Ready Stance first. It will determine your Attack, Defense and Stamina values during your attack and defense phase. There are 4 basic Stances:

##Jedi Ready (-25 Stamina) - gain +5d Attack and +5d Defence: This is your balanced Stance, low cost and providing average attributes for both attack and defense (set as default).
##Defensive (-20 Stamina) - gain +9d Defence: This is your standard Defensive Stance. If you want to stale for time or wear out your opponent from Stamina.
##Offensive (-30 Stamina) - gain +9d Attack: If you want to start aggressively and with a very little chance of OTK your opponent, this is your choice. However, it costs the most stamina.
##Center of Being  (+30 Stamina) - rest to gain extra Stamina, you can't attack nor defend. You can't overload your stamina unless you use some sort of Force Action that will allow it.

Your Combat skills also help modify the above:

With Strength Combat Skill, you get +1 bonus Attack for Offensive Stance and Jedi Ready
With Dexterity Combat Skill, you get +1 bonus Defence for Defensive Stance and Jedi Ready
With Constitution Combat Skill, you use less Stamina per round by 5 points, and gain extra 5 with Center of Being

Form Maneuvers are special moves that grant you extra bonuses for attack or defense during your turns, but also provide a special bonus in case you roll a critical hit,  or yield other bonuses. Form Maneuvers are related to seven Forms of Lightsaber combat, each providing a set of Maneuver respectively for strength, dexterity, and constitution. You can advance to next Form to learn new sets of Maneuvers, but only if you win the Duel (so get to it!).

For example, a tier 1 Maneuver for a Strenght is "##Disarming Slash" adds extra +1 damage to the Attack formula and also provides a bonus for Critical Hit (when 10 is rolled) to disarm the opponent and gain extra attack turn for the user.

During the Duel, you can use each of the learned Force Combat actions ONCE. Unlike the Stance moves and Form Maneuvers, they don't cost stamina but just like Force Night Actions (don't confuse them), they cost Force Points. Although the Combat ones are much cheaper (ten times cheaper for each tier respectively), so you don't have to worry if you run low on Force Points before attending a Duel. However, your timing has to good, since you only get one chance to use each of the Force actions. You can only use one Force combat action per turn.

Duel Special Rules:

1. The Duel is an elimination phase where one of the Duelists is declared a winner and one looser. The loser is eliminated from the Game.
  2. A winner is determined by the Duel outcome: Last person alive, or in case of unfinished Duel, the player who dealt most damage (not remaining HP).
  3. Any Player can surrender at any time (##surrender should do it). Note that by ##surrendering you are dramatically decreasing the chances of your affiliated party to win this game.
  4. If neither of the players inflicts any damage to each other (doesn't matter if on purpose or not), they are both disqualified and both eliminated from the Game.
  5. For each turn, a player has a maximum of 8 hours to respond (take turn). After that period, GM can pass the turn to another player.
  6. Everyone else who is not participating in the Duel is not allowed to post (except for Tutorial of course). If you try to help anyone, you'll get penalized.
  7. I reserve the right to change the Duel mechanics in order to balance some issues that might turn up (but not during a live duel).
  8. In case one of the Duelist is not available for the whole period of the phase (a total of 48 hours if we count the Night/Rest Phase too), the Duel can be extended by extra 24 hours. I'll only extend it if the said player was excused in advance.
  9. In rare occasions, I can allow one of the eliminated players to take place for an occupied player if that player agrees to it in advance.
  10. In case you have questions or see a mistake, PM me asap, later changes won't be accepted.

I'd like to respond in kind, to imagine this duel will be productive, but although you might suspect I'm Scum, I'm fairly certain you're too lazy to actually look back and use that phrase as confirmation. If I lose, my Scum suspects are Orange and Voe, but now I'm leaning quite a bit more towards Orange considering how he's the main one to put you forward in spite of the evidence (even if it might've been stretching the rules) that you're Town.

Again, I probably won't be able to start my turn before 4:30 pm EST. I would mention my commands beforehand, but they could change depending on the result of the attack.

It wouldn't be the first time we've had a player with Ascetic, though I imagine his would be limited to investigations, somewhat similar to Godfather. Or the corrupting is a Special Action that he's able to use in addition to his regular Force Action, then he could've used some Scum ability to prevent himself from being Mind Melded, either from targeting himself or roleblocking you specifically since you're the only player who'd be likely to Mind Meld him. Retaliation probably didn't learn it yet, Sunflower had no FP, Voe doesn't even know what's going on, and I'm locked down from duels.

##Redirect Energy

##Jedi Ready

Now that I think about it, the narrative against Orange kinda fits. Why am I swayed so much by the "confirmed town" argument? Oh right, because Cat5 said it and you said it. Even though the evidence points that way, we all followed it like lemmings. Nonetheless, this duel was prophesied and thus must happen!

##jedi ready

##burst of speed