[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Good game, Shade. You fought with honor (which basically confirms Town to me), and I really did appreciate your attempt to reset the duel on my behalf. Of course I'm happy I won and get to enjoy the Star Wars theme longer, but it's a small comfort to know it was a fair match (with a little bullshit luck) rather than something handed to me to your detriment. Though that's mostly for my own concious. Hopefully you'll survive longer in the next game, it'll be a Choose Your Own Role game hosted by Jeod with all sorts of crazy and interesting antics.

aVXoFis.jpg

Duel is finished, and we know the victor and the defeated. Congratulations to TheIrishman, he will receive a well-deserved rest along with special reward.

Right after Shade939 (Master Dare Komad) got struck by the final blow, his body disappeared. It seems that he was on the Light Side of the Force all along. No further examination and investigation are necessary.

The Rest Phase follows right after the Duel (it will last max 44 hours from this post) You are all allowed to discuss the Duel outcome. Posting during the Night/Rest Phase is limited, however. Only 2 posts per player are allowed (all major concerns are left to discuss during the next Council Meeting after all).

Please, when sending the night actions, follow these guidelines:

1. Don't send me individual actions and changes during the Night, one by one. Send everything you want to do in one PM. The reason is that if you send them multiple times, chances are something will get missed or not resolved properly. It's also taking less time to resolve if it's all tidy. In one Post. So please first think it over and then send.
  2. If you do a mistake or think that you want to change something, please, resend the entire PM with all actions. The last PM you'll send will count.
  3. If something is not right on your part, I will try to send you a reply to correct it before it's resolved, but only once since I won't have time to correct every detail during this time, even more so if Duel is still taking place. If something is not corrected or mistakes are made, some actions will simply not get resolved.
  4. Don't quote private GM communication, whether replies or parts of your PM/Character.
  5. Try to send your Night Actions in a timely manner, not 5 mins before next Day starts. PMs that are sent to me less than one hour before Day start might not count due to longer resolving time.
  6. The winner of the Duel can't perform any Night Action. You also can't target or contact the Duelist during the Night/Rest Phase

Also, remember:

Rest is the only Night Action that can't be combined with any other action. If you decide to Rest, you're not doing anything else tonight. By resting you recover a portion of your HP and you fully recover your Force Points.

Meditation actions, Learning actions and Holo Communications can't be combined together, you have to select one.

When you're Meditating, you can choose one from the Control/Sense/Alter types of Meditation. They are described in your PM. Wisdom oriented players get a bonus here.

When you're Learning, you can choose one new Force Orientation from Control/Sense/Alter/Dark, or a combination. Details are described in your PM. Intelligence oriented players get a bonus here.

When you want to communicate using Holo Communicator, you need to choose a player that will communicate with you during next Council Phase, if they agree. You can't have multiple Holo Communications open at the same time though, so if your Holo request gets accepted, you can't join another Holo anymore that you received. Charisma oriented players get a bonus here.

Your Night Force Actions and Special Actions can be combined with any action from Mediation, Learning, and Holo communication, but you have to pick only one Force Action and one Special Action (if you have more or if you learn more).

You also need to watch how much the said night action costs in regards to Force Power, if your cost is higher than you currently have (check the last Day CVC for exact value), your last selected action won't be resolved.

If you have any other questions now you can PM me. And don't forget to PM me your Night Actions once you are certain what you are doing, in one PM.

Updated Day/Night 1 Ending CVC:

iohCUDD.png

My apologies Shade, I simply acted upon the best angle I could see from my point of view. I think I understand how you think better now, so next time perhaps I won't take such issue with your choice of words. To echo Irish: yes, I do hope to see you play in CYOR III (which may have a Disney theme if the signed players are open to it).

Irish, that was masterfully played. You'll be a tough opponent to beat.

1 hour ago, TheIrishman said:

Good game, Shade. You fought with honor (which basically confirms Town to me), and I really did appreciate your attempt to reset the duel on my behalf. Of course I'm happy I won and get to enjoy the Star Wars theme longer, but it's a small comfort to know it was a fair match (with a little bullshit luck) rather than something handed to me to your detriment. Though that's mostly for my own concious. Hopefully you'll survive longer in the next game, it'll be a Choose Your Own Role game hosted by Jeod with all sorts of crazy and interesting antics.

I appreciate the sentiments Irish.

25 minutes ago, Jeod said:

My apologies Shade, I simply acted upon the best angle I could see from my point of view. I think I understand how you think better now, so next time perhaps I won't take such issue with your choice of words. To echo Irish: yes, I do hope to see you play in CYOR III (which may have a Disney theme if the signed players are open to it).

Still annoyed at you over this understandably, but at least you did try to talk me into actually dueling Irish instead of just surrendering immediately which I did enjoy dueling against him.

Considering that Disney now includes things like Star Wars and Marvel  that's going to be a pretty insane cast of characters I'd enjoy being part of.

I was tempted to stay silent about this, but it's not like I can be killed off or harmed tonight anyway. The special reward I got is a one-time use ability called Light Meditation Technique (though it counts as a special rest) that can restore both HP and FP to full. But it also can do something very interesting. It can purge the Dark Side from the player, returning them to the Light if need be and would have them lose all Dark Side abilities. This tells us two things.

First, we should be especially careful about nominating someone to do multiple duels as there could be other various rewards in addition to granting the winner the next level of their Form.

Second, why would there be an ability to get rid of the Dark Side in this game? You would assume if a player chooses to dabble in the Dark Side, they did it with purpose and planned on continuing to do so. If they got rid of those powers, it would've just been wasted time for that player since they would've chosen to learn the Dark over the Light. This leads me to be more certain that Scum can contaminate players with the Dark Side. I doubt it'd be to the level of a Cult since that'd be almost impossible to squash in the game setup, but it could be something like teaching a player Dark Side abilities which would probably affect the FBI. 

Retaliation, I'd wait until after the night is over before thinking of paying any sort of penance.

I think this counts as my second post even though I posted before Vert :v

1 hour ago, Sunflower said:

Sorry it had to turn out that way Shade. I thought you were one of the most helpful Jedi by far. You'll be missed on the Council. :( RIP

Just one reminder, don't edit posts, you can post again saying "Mafia Edit" to correct anything you feel like, but generally editing posts is considered as an offence to general mafia rules.

On 12/27/2016 at 10:17 PM, VERTi60 said:

Do NOT edit your game related posts during the game. If you want to make a correction, always post a second post saying "Mafia Edit:".

2 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Just one reminder, don't edit posts, you can post again saying "Mafia Edit" to correct anything you feel like, but generally editing posts is considered as an offence to general mafia rules.

Get ready for a literal ton of posts of me randomly fixing typos then. :)  

I feel as if I have learned nothing from this duel and its outcome.

15 hours ago, Jeod said:

(which may have a Disney theme if the signed players are open to it).

only if we're all Disney princesses and dibs on Princess Leia