[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

While it sounds like you're on to something, I have done nothing but failed at getting information on Irish twice, got information on Orange doing the exact same action I was doing, protected myself, and slept. I can lay out my Night sequences if it's something you want. I happen to think my defense is justified given the possibility of being corrupted as Voe had.

I'll also reiterate that I could not have performed any other action while using Hibernation Trance. Just to remind you

22 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

Only enough FP for one or the other, and the action I chose didn't allow for me to do anything else for the night even if I had the spare FP.

21 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

Really though, I wish I had learned it sooner. The downside to it is as I said, I cannot perform any other action. Since I'm at a flat 0 on FP, I'm practically defenseless and an open target come this end of day, so there's that.

Your defense is tactically faulty because you used up all FP, making it very clear you are open to any and all methods of attack on the following turn. You have to rest before you run out to put yourself at least risk. Even better if you can rest at the same time as most other players.

I do admit that I missed that you claimed you couldn't do anything else. I thought you just claimed you couldn't do anything else because you didn't have any more FP, leaving the door open for things that don't cost FP.

Unfortunately, we currently can't prove that your actions does what you say it does, but I imagine we'll learn one way or another either way.

Measurements using the original 1/12 scale

D0: Exactly 1/12
N0: No update here
D1: About 2.25/12
N1: About 3.5/12
D2: About 4.2/12
N2: Exactly 3/12
D3: About 3.5/12
N3: About 4.6/12
D4: About 4.6/12

So obviously this is not based on a 1/12 scale, though it matches on two occasions. Increases have been uneven. It appears as if each player might be worth 1.2/12 (10%) as removing Jeod removed about that much, and removing Shade and Killing_You added about that much.

Shade keeps giving me arguments for why FRAYDO isn't Shit. Frankly, the ones Shade is putting up are better than the ones FRAYDO comes up with himself. As it stands right now, I'm having to think about would I rather send someone into battle against FRAYDO that would probably be in good position to win (for example, Sunflower, OrangeP47, ChopBam, or myself), or do I go for another suspect pile and leave FRAYDO for later to see if his (implausible) story checks out.

I think my other preferred duel set would be Chump/Irishman vs Shit/Voe as I have arguments against both of these that I want to check out, too.

I thought I remembered hibernation trance from somewhere so I went back and checked. It was an ability Jeod claimed to have, describing it as a self protection ability that costs 10 FP. Jeod was the only other self identified cha character aside from Orange and Fraydo, so I guess it would check out. Of course Jeod was a sith too. He probably still had light abilities to be able to blend in. It's a little weird that Shade wouldn't have mentioned it since he got into a kerfuffle with Jeod, thinking that he was making up hibernation trance to trick him into admitting he was a sith.

Just a small thing to think about. It believe it to be quite likely for Jeod to be the one to infect Voe. Jeod knows that Voe is always more likely to flip than others and that he's far more willing to walk the edge for greater power. So perhaps we should investigate Voe again? 

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Measurements using the original 1/12 scale

D0: Exactly 1/12
N0: No update here
D1: About 2.25/12
N1: About 3.5/12
D2: About 4.2/12
N2: Exactly 3/12
D3: About 3.5/12
N3: About 4.6/12
D4: About 4.6/12

So obviously this is not based on a 1/12 scale, though it matches on two occasions. Increases have been uneven. It appears as if each player might be worth 1.2/12 (10%) as removing Jeod removed about that much, and removing Shade and Killing_You added about that much.

I think the main problem with your measurements, Cat5, is that it should be separated into 3 different phases, Council, Duel, and Night. But I do agree that we should take another look at Voe. What's Shade saying to defend FRAYDO? 

I really don't understand why you're still suspicious of me, Cat5, I was tracked N0, couldn't do anything N1, and was tracked N2 and alignment checked, and rested N3. With Intelligence, I'm not able to learn 2 things AND still perform an FNA or SA.

I'll elaborate more on my suspicions closer to hammer, because I work in 20 minutes and still have to get ready.

I think I have to go with my own intuition on this one. FRAYDO's actions so far this game don't make tactical sense to me. From being worried about being attacked multiple times, going against the directions of a pretty clear town player, using up all FP and leaving themselves defenseless, apparently only learning one time...I don't like this approach. Don't care who the champ is in this case.

I would support looking other directions, though, as I already mentioned. Will be at work from here on out.

##vote Sith FRAYDO

##vote Champion Category5

If it's not clear to you, I am in no position to duel with you or anyone. The two of us dueling is not going to give us any useful information. We should be looking to others who are more suspicious than me, the Jedi who didn't plan his actions all that well.

I'll also be at work so I'll leave my votes.

##vote Champion OrangeP47

I would rather place my faith in Orange over you Cat, as I had previous contact with him before and we can agree he's a clear Town. While I'm hesitant to leave this vote on him as this may put him at risk against his opponent, I'm guessing the Champion vote from the others will go elsewhere.

##vote Sith Sunflower

I can only think back to the previous suggestion that Jeod and Sunflower were making up a pro-newbie scum team and so that's my vote. I have no leads otherwise.

2 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

##vote Sith Sunflower

I can only think back to the previous suggestion that Jeod and Sunflower were making up a pro-newbie scum team and so that's my vote. I have no leads otherwise.

Did you even read my night result? õ_o

I was kinda skeptical that Fraydo could be dark, so I decided to recheck my notes and all I had was that I thought he was sketchy but not sure why. I went back and looked at some of the old convos again. There was that moment where Jeod explained that Fraydo must have used the sense meditation before he had a chance to answer for himself. Fraydo also kinda spoke up in agreement with Jeod about not liking the supposed Force Ghost mechanic and he voted Retal/Nodlied in the round where Jeod went down. So Fraydo and Jeod were kinda buddy/buddy. More recently, he mentioned something about thinking his hibernation trance might deter "friendly force ghosts," which could imply that was on his mind when he decided to do it or it could have been an attempt at deterring force ghosts from trying to contact him. So yeah... he's actually more sketchy than I thought. I'm still not 100% sure though. It would suck to put him in a duel where he'll be severely disadvantaged if he's actually a Jedi... but if he's a sith, it's a good opportunity to get him while he's weaker.

In case I can't be around at hammer (messing with computer settings and crashes), I'm going to leave my votes as followed for the moment.

##vote Champion Cat 5

##vote sith FRAYDO

FRAYDO is just being uber suspicious, and I don't think I want to throw Voe to the wolves just yet. Furthermore Cat 5 seemed to want the champion job, so I'll vote for him.