APB 3.1.5.0 Changelog

On 1/20/2018 at 11:01 AM, Pushwall said:

Construction Yard/Power Plant

• No longer has to be destroyed for a base destruction victory.

I'm curious about this change. My guess is because if these are the only two buildings you have left, you're just delaying the inevitable anyway? (anti-stalemate feature)

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

I'm curious about this change. My guess is because if these are the only two buildings you have left, you're just delaying the inevitable anyway? (anti-stalemate feature)

I think it also helps to have more games end in base destruction victory, sometimes it's just too many buildings to kill.

9 hours ago, moonsense715 said:

I think it also helps to have more games end in base destruction victory, sometimes it's just too many buildings to kill.

yes but I think the powerplant uis an buiilding who iss essencial to the base also it should be destroyed too for a victory the con yard is let me say useless its nice to see without a question but its only for cosmetic not for use

If the Power Plant had more function other than as a support structure at the moment it would be more necessary to destroy, since in the RTS it was essential for base defense, unit build speed, and as a prerequisite along with the CY for starting a base at all. I also think in some of the games low power caused building damage, which could be an interesting mechanic to add. Maybe tying the CYs and PPs to Engineers and Technicians somehow? You would always need multiple of them in RTSs and while the maps don't have that much space maybe the PP damage could be tied to CY repair rate and more than the radar; in addition the Spy could have the ability to slowly drain power without damage or announcement until it hits zero making his abilities that much more subversive.

The bots seem much better this update.

Edited by KevinLancaster

17 minutes ago, KevinLancaster said:

I also think in some of the games low power caused building damage, which could be an interesting mechanic to add.

A few patches ago we added the feature where destroying the power plant (and i think disabling it as a spy?) now causes main buildings to take 10% more damage from all damage sources except repair tools/golden wrench, which is an evolution of the "low power damage" TD/RA mechanic but doesn't force people to constantly repair a base that isn't under attack.

3.1.5.1 minipatch, to fix a couple of small issues and to deploy an experiment to encourage naval play.

INFANTRY

Grenadier.gif Grenadier

• Allied ones are now weaker than Soviet (direct damage 50 -> 45, splash damage 37.5 -> 30)

VEHICLES

Tesla_Tank.gifmrjicon.gifRanger.gif Tesla Tank/MRJ/Ranger

• More physics adjustments to prevent them from flipping so easily on slopes.

Gunboat.gif Gunboat

• Price down (750 -> 500)
  • Cannon range down (110 -> 105m)

Attack_Sub.gif Attack Sub

• Price down (950 -> 550)
  • Range down (115 -> 110m)

Destroyer.gif Destroyer

• Price down (1500 -> 1000)
  • Range down (175 -> 160m)
  • Splash damage up (30 -> 37.5)
  • Splash cover penetration up (25% -> 33%)
  • Removed the "airburst" secondary fire since it barely helped for the role it was supposed to fill.
  • Now has access to depth charges as a secondary again, though their range is severely limited compared to the Gunboat's (about 40m vs subs that are barely below surface, and not much further against very deep subs). Due to the Destroyer's speed submerged subs should easily be able to avoid this unless they get cornered. Like the Gunboat they are fired from the missile turret since all attempts at "realistic" depth charge launching never worked out in the past.
  • Turret can now be tilted up/down 15 degrees for depth charging purposes.

Missile_Sub.gif Missile Sub

• Price down (1650 -> 950)
  • Range down (175 -> 160m)
  • Splash damage up (22.5 -> 25)
  • Splash cover penetration up (25% -> 33%)
  • Removed the "airburst" secondary fire since it barely helped for the role it was supposed to fill.

BUILDINGS

Soviet_Sub_Pen.gif Submarine Pen

• Extended collision underwater so subs don't poke through the piers.

BOTS

• Bots assigned to MCT defense now buy appropriate infantry for the job (20% Sergeant, 30% Medic/Flamethrower, 50% Tanya/Volkov) even if the map normally forbids bots from taking these shorter-range infantry to open fields. No more MCT rocket soldiers!
  • Bot pathfinding around the upper floor of the War Factory should be less derpy (particularly on Metro)

MAPS

RA_GuardDuty

• Bots can now be enabled.

RA_NorthByNorthwest

• Lowered War Factory spawn points, Rangers should not get stuck anymore.

RA_StormyValley

• Fixed server crash on startup.

Also fixed some stuff that was holding up Raap's Hostile Waters work.

Pathfind blockers.

In addition to the screenshot Totd posted on discord, the bots had a very bad habit of using the crates to jump down to the ground floor safely instead of using the stairs, which wouldn't be so bad if after doing so they didn't immediately turn around and try to path back into the crates for eternity (they're not even on the pathfind grid so why would they do this). So the edge of the second floor ledge had to be lined in those too.

Minipatch 3.1.5.2 just delivers the appropriate client scripts build to match the new server-side one, I forgot to include this before, now the MCT defender bot change will actually work offline and this'll prevent any other issues being caused by scripts discrepancy. :)

HostileWaters seems to have passed through the bug fixing phase and I'm now doing a final polish pass. One last thing popped up that did require my attention, but otherwise, 3.1.5.x cleared the road for HW to be included in a near-future update.

After this is completed, I will have finally concluded all promised content for APB Delta - despite being over a year overdue on delivering this last part!

Edited by Raap

On 1/28/2018 at 4:44 AM, Pushwall said:

Destroyer.gif Destroyer

•  
  • Now has access to depth charges as a secondary again, though their range is severely limited compared to the Gunboat's (about 40m vs subs that are barely below surface, and not much further against very deep subs). Due to the Destroyer's speed submerged subs should easily be able to avoid this unless they get cornered. Like the Gunboat they are fired from the missile turret since all attempts at "realistic" depth charge launching never worked out in the past.

Depth charges weren't just placed on racks some where fired from launchers Y and K-guns are an example so using the missile launcher as a depth charge launcher IS realistic.

7 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Depth charges weren't just placed on racks some where fired from launchers Y and K-guns are an example so using the missile launcher as a depth charge launcher IS realistic.

Fair enough then, just felt it didn't pass the bar for realism since they're still not being fired from K-guns. :v

6 hours ago, Killing_You said:

I think anti-sub missiles exist in real life, so it's fine.

An anti-sub torpedo launcher mounted on the underside of ships might work out more logically than the barrel-thrower secondary currently used. The only engine problem that would need to either be solved or worked around of is having two weapons divided by a collision mesh functional. Perhaps shifting to this sub-torpedo mode actually shifts your active vehicle to an attached vehicle - giving you blue camera tinting as well? It'd stop all vehicle movement capabilities though I imagine since you effectively aren't controlling your Gunbote/Destroyer anymore.

Food for thought?

Edit: The sub torpedo launcher mode would have a close proximity camera view that never sees above the water surface for the blue tinting/restricted foggy view to logically be usable on it. Could actually be a really cool naval combat mechanic. The anti-sub torpedo's themselves would be relatively slow moving and have relatively short range, and only deal damage to submarines, with a camera angle limit unable to aim above the water surface (so only between straight forward and straight down).

Edited by Raap

Okay but they used depth charges in RA. Besides, the renderer has a very hard time processing 30 explosions happening at roughly the same time (which is why the Lunar Paradox rapid-fire explosive weapons have a severely tanked ROF compared to the pre-Gamma LOLmap back when explosions were the bland Renegade ones), the only reason the Destroyer is able to have a weapon that fires 2 shots before reloading and a weapon that fires 1 shot before reloading is because one of those only fires one shot instead of 30 and thus doesn't need a "real" reload, and I've already heard enough complaints about gunboat depth charges OP, destroyers aren't meant to be better or even equal at the job hence having charges with far inferior range.

10 hours ago, Pushwall said:

Okay but they used depth charges in RA. Besides, the renderer has a very hard time processing 30 explosions happening at roughly the same time (which is why the Lunar Paradox rapid-fire explosive weapons have a severely tanked ROF compared to the pre-Gamma LOLmap back when explosions were the bland Renegade ones), the only reason the Destroyer is able to have a weapon that fires 2 shots before reloading and a weapon that fires 1 shot before reloading is because one of those only fires one shot instead of 30 and thus doesn't need a "real" reload, and I've already heard enough complaints about gunboat depth charges OP, destroyers aren't meant to be better or even equal at the job hence having charges with far inferior range.

Siege Cannon "Shrapnel Blast" alternate fire seems to work okay though, despite firing approximately 15 projectiles in one burst.

I'm still biased towards trying a underwater missile launcher, on paper it just sounds like it will solve a lot of problems and potentially be fun to use as well, and "fun" is something that Allied ships lack due to not having a gimmick like submerging.

Regardless, I think barrel-throwing needs to change, this ain't no Donkey Kong. :v

3.1.5.4 is to amend some lingering issues with Lunar Paradox caused by updates to the main game:

• Fixed rifle soldiers missing their limited LAW/RPG.
  • Toned down jumpiness of the Pimpin' Ranger, Brain Jammer and Tesla Glober to make them slightly more drivable without flipping over. However the Brain Jammer/Tesla Glober are about 25% slower as a result.
  • Fixed Brain Jammer/Tesla Glober exit zones being too low.
  • Updated Brain Jammer's custom model with the same flippiness fix that the MRJ/TT have.
  • Sniper Soakers now use the snow camo since it's a little more appropriate for the map.
  • Updated PT icons for Sniper Soaker and VTOL Yak to the new ones.

And to amend the map's balance a little, since it may come into play on the game night:

• Rifle soldiers no longer have pistols, as they don't really need them and this removal causes the limited LAW/RPG to be displayed on the back, making their existence more obvious.
  • Uber Captain's accuracy penalty while walking/jogging is harsher (+3 spread instead of +2)
  • Toned down regeneration on bosses (infantry bosses 10 -> 5, tank bosses 30 -> 20)
  • Increased damage radius of Anti-Medic and V2 Rocket (25m -> 30m)
  • Brain Jammer/Tesla Glober health up (250 -> 300) since making them easy to drive without flipping involved making them slower
  • Toned down range of flagship boats (Flying Dutchman 200m -> 180m, Dreadnaut 180m -> 170m)
  • Toned down health of flagship boats (999 -> 900)
  • Sniper Soaker damage increased (6 -> 6.75)

1 hour ago, Pushwall said:

3.1.5.4 is to amend some lingering issues with Lunar Paradox caused by updates to the main game:

• Fixed rifle soldiers missing their limited LAW/RPG.
  • Toned down jumpiness of the Pimpin' Ranger, Brain Jammer and Tesla Glober to make them slightly more drivable without flipping over. However the Brain Jammer/Tesla Glober are about 25% slower as a result.
  • Fixed Brain Jammer/Tesla Glober exit zones being too low.
  • Updated Brain Jammer's custom model with the same flippiness fix that the MRJ/TT have.
  • Sniper Soakers now use the snow camo since it's a little more appropriate for the map.
  • Updated PT icons for Sniper Soaker and VTOL Yak to the new ones.

And to amend the map's balance a little, since it may come into play on the game night:

• Rifle soldiers no longer have pistols, as they don't really need them and this removal causes the limited LAW/RPG to be displayed on the back, making their existence more obvious.
  • Uber Captain's accuracy penalty while walking/jogging is harsher (+3 spread instead of +2)
  • Toned down regeneration on bosses (infantry bosses 10 -> 5, tank bosses 30 -> 20)
  • Increased damage radius of Anti-Medic and V2 Rocket (25m -> 30m)
  • Brain Jammer/Tesla Glober health up (250 -> 300) since making them easy to drive without flipping involved making them slower
  • Toned down range of flagship boats (Flying Dutchman 200m -> 180m, Dreadnaut 180m -> 170m)
  • Toned down health of flagship boats (999 -> 900)
  • Sniper Soaker damage increased (6 -> 6.75)

I'm getting "installation failed" immediately after "downloading manifests" every time I try and update...