Harvester Path Finding

I know how to create the Refinery building controller, the car marker, and all the proper way points for Harvesting. I've made two maps prior to the one I am currently working on, so I know the process, but I am having a HUGE issue with my current map.

My Harvesters just don't work.

Sometimes when they are created at the War Factory/Strip, they don't move. I usually redo my map and make a new mix file and that is usually solved, but the issue I am running into here is...

They are made from the War Factory/Strip, they go out to the Tiberium Field...Harvest...then travel back the Refinery. They pull up in the bay and then, NOTHING. They never leave that spot again. I've tried bumping then and forcing them out, but nothing. They just stop all together, and I've done everything from replacing the controller, the car marker, new way points, path find blockers. I'm at my wits end.

I'm going to recreate it again and make a video of it. Hopefully someone can help me. This has plagued me for a few years now, and before I took my break from Renegade, this was and still is my most pressing issue.

Any ideas?

This is for Renegade, right?

What are your waypaths settings? You are generating path finding, right? A screenshot of the areas affected by this would be really handy, sometimes its just a zone or car that is slightly out of place.

Get us some screenshots before the video (as that's easier) and we can hopefully better help you out.

25 minutes ago, TeamWolf said:

This is for Renegade, right?

What are your waypaths settings? You are generating path finding, right? A screenshot of the areas affected by this would be really handy, sometimes its just a zone or car that is slightly out of place.

Get us some screenshots before the video (as that's easier) and we can hopefully better help you out.

Renegade yes, I am and do generate path finding and I will get some screens or a video if I can.

Thanks!

Edited by trunkskgb

• 1 month later...

Collection script zones need to be better covering the area of the waypath destination, so make sure the zone is made larger, extending about two meters higher.

Adjust and re-generate sectors.

I'd also tone down the ambient noise you got going on in your map, and as for music, consider using scripts to play it rather than dumping an audio preset in the level, long duration audio presets are inconsistent between clients.

Edited by Raap

19 hours ago, Raap said:

Collection script zones need to be better covering the area of the waypath destination, so make sure the zone is made larger, extending about two meters higher.

Adjust and re-generate sectors.

I'd also tone down the ambient noise you got going on in your map, and as for music, consider using scripts to play it rather than dumping an audio preset in the level, long duration audio presets are inconsistent between clients.

I enlarged the script zones in width, length & height. 

I "discarded" the current data I had and saved and closed. I'll try again tonight and see what happens.

Well I made some more changes, I rotated BOTH refs, and then slightly moved them around a bit due to the rotation putting them too close to another buildings. I redid both building controllers and car markers. I then adjusted the current path finding to the new position of the refinery, and move some path find blockers around. I discarded data, saved & closed. Opened back up, ran generating, saved...and, and...when I load my map...the Harvesters don't even build. It's been like that since I got back into editing now. They aren't even created at all! I'm at wits end, and close to redoing everything in LE. This is going on 4 years now, with a break in between lol. Harvesting and I are not friends.

I recently installed all my editing tools on my laptop, and I might try loading LE up there and having my harvesters be the 1st thing I do to see if it works on a different machine/setup. This will be more curiosity at this point though.

New refinery positions.

GDI_Ref_Change.jpg

Nod_Ref_Change.jpg

You did configure the waypoint path segments correctly, aye?

Beyond that, it becomes hard to determine the problem, but did you inspect your production facility? Is everything OK there? Are you using temporarily presets for any buildings?

Unfortunately I do not have Renegade installed otherwise I could have taken a look myself... Perhaps, when you ran out of all likely options, @jonwil can look into your problem if he has the time. That man can usually find and fix everything.

Edited by Raap

Yeah, the way paths are set to ....if I remember from memory...2 way, ground path...and vehicle only? Temp presets from the Refineries, I have an increased credit trickle there. Production is just the normal ones though. Maybe I should try regular refinery building controller's, and remake the production ones and see what happens. I need a miracle....lol

@Raap I fixed it Raap. I WAS using a temp preset for the Refinery (increased credit trickle). I removed that and created a new default one. I also deleted and recreated the building controllers for both the Air & War Factory, AND I recreated the script zones, and problem solved!!! I still have some things to edit, and I hope I don't have any further issues.

@jonwil Thanks for the offer jonwil, I was all set to load everything here, but I wanted to try just a couple more things. This has plagued me for nearly 4 years.

15 hours ago, moonsense715 said:

Hm, why doesn't the harvester get out of the Weapons Factory? 

It does come...eventually. I haven't tested it after it's destroyed to see if it does the same. I still have some more work in LE to do, but hopefully I am over the hump. I can upload my LE contents if needed though. I also thought that was weird. 

1 hour ago, trunkskgb said:

It does come...eventually. I haven't tested it after it's destroyed to see if it does the same. I still have some more work in LE to do, but hopefully I am over the hump. I can upload my LE contents if needed though. I also thought that was weird. 

I mean the Harvy should be following a waypath that leads from the vehicle creation zone to the front of the building. Do you have those set up?

You know, all vehicles do tha when created, so they don't pile up on eachother inside the creation zone. So the harvy should come out before following the path to the Tiberium field.

14 minutes ago, moonsense715 said:

I mean the Harvy should be following a waypath that leads from the vehicle creation zone to the front of the building. Do you have those set up?

You know, all vehicles do tha when created, so they don't pile up on eachother inside the creation zone. So the harvy should come out before following the path to the Tiberium field.

Yeah they're setup, it does come out, it just takes a few seconds. I don't think that's right, but I might have to discard data and regenerate at least once more before releasing my next update. Hopefully then it will be OK.