Star Trek: Bridge Crew

Jeod

ST Bridge Crew recently removed the VR requirement making it playable for poor saps like me. It was also half off when I picked it up, but since their end-goal is a larger playerbase (I believe they had ~200 or so before removing VR), it'll undoubtedly go on sale again in the future.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/527100/Star_Trek_Bridge_Crew/

The game itself plays like an updated version of Bridge Commander. There's a solo/coop campaign of five long missions and then the Kobayashi Maru challenge, and Ubisoft built in randomly generated missions which I've yet to try. Multiplayer works with up to four players, each taking the role of a primary bridge officer: Captain, Helmsman, Tactical, or Engineer. In solo play, the AI commands everything else while you're the captain. But in multiplayer, every player has their own responsibilities. You could be a great captain but a worthless pilot of a helmsman, for example.

I don't have the luxury of friends who own this game (pretty sure I'm the only ST nerd--and even game nerd--in my group interested in this), so I haven't gotten to try the multiplayer out yet. Even for solo play though, I do recommend it.

I have VR and was thinking of getting this. But lack of friends who own it and the steep price tag has put me off so far. Would be willing to get it if there was interest in putting a crew together though!

7 minutes ago, OWA said:

I have VR and was thinking of getting this. But lack of friends who own it and the steep price tag has put me off so far. Would be willing to get it if there was interest in putting a crew together though!

@Voe, set warp speed to maximum!

"U wot m8?"

I'd love a W3D Hub group for this. @VERTi60 could probably get a lot of youtube videos out of it. :v

I'd love too, but I'm a bit cash strapped at the moment (and I'd still need to get a working mic, too.) Plus my internet connection is so unreliable you never know if I'm going to be able to do multiplayer on a given day.  Those aside, it does look like an awesome game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OWA said:

I have it now, so if we can find a full crew we should play!

5 minutes ago, moonsense715 said:

Hope you mean Artemis :P

I have a spare Steam Key if you're desperate. :v