Crashdumps, Pacific Threat

OrangeP47

Just now, jonwil said:

What version of Windows are you running? What version of the NVIDIA drivers are you running?

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit, nvidia drivers 382.33.  I've had crashing across multiple versions of the drivers, I know, but I don't know what previous versions of the drivers they were at the time.

I would suggest that you run Windows Update and install all the updates for Windows and also update to the latest NVIDIA drivers. If that still doesn't make your problems go away, I would suspect a possible hardware fault (the symptoms you describe sound like what happened to me when my previous graphics card failed and I had to buy a new one)

Also can you look for the windows folder (probably c:\windows) then go to system32 and look for ntdll.dll. Select it and press alt-enter. Then click on "details" and tell me what it says under "file version".

Well this problem has been going on for years, and none of my other video games ever give me the slightest trouble with the video card.  I've never had a single video-related crash of this computer ever, aside from APBAPB is the common thread in all crashes, so I just don't think it's that.

The file version is 6.1.7601.23572.  I'll make sure everything is up to date tonight and hopefully get some more play time in tomorrow when everyone's on, but I'm pretty sure it's still going to crash.

Just now, jonwil said:

Oh and something else to try is to open the launcher, select APB and select the "repair" option and see if that does anything.

I'll give that a go separately after tomorrow's test, because the launcher only downloads at like 30 kbs for me so if it wants to redownload things it'll take forever. My internet is crap, but it's not that crap, so that's another issue I'd like to take up some day.

Already did the windows update and drivers updates though, so should be good to go for tomorrow's session.

Documentation:

Researched the event viewer logs and found that the hard errors, Event ID 13, for the graphics driver, is likely an issue with motherboard firmware. User has a Dell OptiPlex 7010, BIOS A01. Asked user to update to latest version at http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/optiplex-7010/drivers

Will see if errors persist during tonight's session.

The page file doesn't work like that, there is no way the page file could be the cause of his problems.

An error with the BIOS could cause it though.

Nothing in the new crashdump that looks useful in tracking down the issue (although its strange that he said he installed everything Windows Update offered to install yet he doesn't have the same versions of key Windows DLLs that I have when we both have the same version of Windows and I have every update Windows Update offered to install as well)

And how can he have a "custom built PC" and also have a Dell Optiplex?

Just now, jonwil said:

The page file doesn't work like that, there is no way the page file could be the cause of his problems.

An error with the BIOS could cause it though.

Nothing in the new crashdump that looks useful in tracking down the issue (although its strange that he said he installed everything Windows Update offered to install yet he doesn't have the same versions of key Windows DLLs that I have when we both have the same version of Windows and I have every update Windows Update offered to install as well)

And how can he have a "custom built PC" and also have a Dell Optiplex?

We took the mobo from one maybe? I don't know where it came from.  I have a parts guy that gets various secondhand stuff and recycles it.  I'm upgrading parts here in a month or two hopefully as is.

I'll double check windows update, maybe the optional ones didn't install, but I did run it last night.