APB 3.1.6.0 Changelog

2 hours ago, Pushwall said:

Attack_Sub.gifMissile_Sub.gif Submarines

• Due to the water permeability change, Missile Sub's missiles now fire straight and it now needs to bring its launchers above sea level before firing, or else the missiles will spaz out.
[blurb]Performance improvements and experimental Yak/naval tweaks abounds in this new APB update![/blurb]

2E39B9F400000578-3310577-Cmdr_Ryan_Parry

1 hour ago, Mojoman said:

2E39B9F400000578-3310577-Cmdr_Ryan_Parry

It's not an intended realism/unrealism change or anything, it's a consequence of how permeable mesh logic works in the engine. If the launchers are below sea level it sees the water as a "wall" and thus missiles try to seek into the wall, but can't hit it since it's not solid so the missiles loop around constantly trying to hit it until they explode.

Anyone who was around in Beta or Reborn may remember similar things with bushes, except due to their awkward shape they'd make it hard to fire any weapon through them and not just tracking ones, plus surfacing fully is not quite as difficult as making sure that there's no bushes between you and your target. :)

3.1.6.1: Guard Duty's allied OT works again. I guess somehow the new cliffs which it never even interacted with previously and didn't in the broken version either were giving it ideas. #JustLevelEditThings

You have no idea how long it took me to get the Ore Trucks to path from the bases all the way into the mine caves on Siege, without getting stuck or without driving too close to the walls to get stuck against player controlled trucks.

Edit: also yaks siege when.

Edited by Raap

2 hours ago, Raap said:

Edit: also yaks siege when.

That was going to be one of my next projects. I kinda want a MiG model before I go adding airfields to higher-tech maps but Siege needs some shaking up anyway, I'll probably open up the rear of the castle as a ground attack route, the map is kinda out of rotation right now because people still don't like it.

On 2/8/2018 at 4:30 AM, Pushwall said:

3.1.6.1: Guard Duty's allied OT works again. I guess somehow the new cliffs which it never even interacted with previously and didn't in the broken version either were giving it ideas. #JustLevelEditThings

Not even kidding, I just had to export the map again because of a change to the airfield, and somehow it got stuck on the trees again. :rolleyes: I guess this is going to be another one of those eternal problems I have to check for every time the map receives the slightest change.

3.1.6 is now "complete" with the revival of the two Raapmaps with the 3.1.6.2 update!

General

• Fire/electric weapons no longer cause decals on MCTs so that won't be a performance issue anymore.

Captain

• M60/PKM spread while jogging increased (1.25 -> 1.5)
  • M60/PKM spread while jumping increased (4 -> 4.5)

Yak

• Damage multiplier to base defenses down (0.3 -> 0.25)
  • Damage multiplier to Cannons down (0.3 -> 0.1875)
  • Gun now takes a little bit of time to "rotate" sideways so you can't spray bullets everywhere in a single salvo.
  • Receives full damage from Rocket warhead again.
  • Reduce ascent/descent speed slightly so it can't hover like it could after the recent update.
  • Speed thresholds are slightly harsher again but not as much as originally (15 -> 17.5m/s for crashing, 20 -> 22.5m/s for damage).
  • Wheels don't grip the runway as harshly as before, so it'll be able to acquire more speed.
  • Checks for slowness are now more frequent (0.4 seconds instead of 0.5).
  • Now receives full damage from AA Guns again (but not other AA weapons)

Airfield

• Safety zone now deals damage of a unique warhead so it doesn't repair helis.
  • Safety zone is now about 2/3rds as high as the control tower's second floor instead of about as high to reduce Harriering and because the reduced collision reduces the need for doing U-turns on the runway.

RA_HostileWaters

• Advanced naval structure health down (750 -> 500)
  • Advanced naval structures now take half as much damage from Longbows.
  • Advanced naval structures are auto-repaired 2x as fast by Construction Yard.
  • Advanced Sub Pen entrance is now less precarious for infantry to walk into.
  • Base layout/geometry adjusted to make the main base less vulnerable. Natural ridges on the Allied side and indestructible walls on the Soviet side reduce the area in which LSTs can land effectively and the amount of buildings that Destroyers/Missile Subs can hit.
  • Ore Silo in base replaced by Gem Silo, which has 25% more health and contains all of the base's income (4/sec).
  • Added faint water caustics effect around shorelines.
  • Added some new snowy plants around the base islands.
  • Added some extra landing points on the icebergs.
  • Added a lot of additional infantry cover to the icebergs.
  • Crates on icebergs now only contain small arms, flamethrowers and minor money gain/loss - no more heavy anti-ship weapons.

RA_Siege

• Added Airfield.
  • Added altitude level warning zone for planes.
  • Moved Soviet cluster of refill pads over to the Refinery side and opened the wall there.
  • Soviet landing pads don't jut out of the base so much.
  • Spread out the silos a bit.
  • Removed Soviet Flame Tower.
  • Cannon now reloads a little faster (5 -> 4.5 seconds)
  • Cannon now takes a little longer to ready up when entering (2 -> 3 seconds)