[GAME OVER] CYOR III

Jeod

dWhzQXN.png

INTRO

I believe we're all ready for a nice relaxing break after Verti60's excellently stunning Star Wars Mafia. This game, CYOR Mafia III, will start on Thursday, March 1st, at approximately 10PM GMT/UTC, which is the usual game start/hammer time. Game start date and time are subject to change based on signed player count and role PMs received.

For those of you who are new to Choose Your Own Role style mafia games, here’s a short explanation: at its core, CYOR is a standard mafia game. Town attempts to eliminate all hostile elements (mafia and third party). Mafia attempts to eliminate players and outnumber the other factions. The third party has specific win conditions based on their role, and the neutral faction is similar; neutral faction players, however, are not considered hostile.

If you sign up for this game, you will send me a PM with your role request. You can customize your role as much as you see fit, and I will do my best to honor your request. Here’s an example of a role request:

Spoiler

Character name: Riot Trooper

Role: Vigilante/Roleblocker OR Vigilante/Bodyguard

Bio:

Where there is chaos, there are also Riot Troopers. Standard training of the police officers was sometimes not enough to handle certain situations, esspecialy during war times. Thats why goverments decided to arm their troops fighting in urban areas with more frag grenades and shotguns, focusing their training on how to fight in towns and cities. After Years before the enemy attacked once more, specially trained soldiers with heavy flak jackets, riot shields, riotguns and flash grenades designed to flush out hostiles from the buildings and streets, were prepared to join the battle if another conflict arises.

Abilities:

1. Vigilante/Bodyguard

- Protect (Night action) - Riot Trooper can use his shield to protect selected target. If target is protected from any killing actions, shield breaks and cannot be used anymore.

- Riot Shield (Passive) - Shield protects Riot Trooper from any kind of killing actions. After defending himself, shield breaks and RT becomes vulnerable to hostile killing actions.

- Shoot (Day action) - Classic shoot option. Would 25% stuck/ 75% hit work? One time use.

2. Vigilante/Roleblocker

- Flashbang (Night action) - Throws a Flashbang at the direction of selected target, which prevents him from making any actions during this night.

- Riot Shield (Passive) - Shield protects Riot Trooper from any kind of killing actions. After defending himself, shield breaks and RT becomes vulnerable to hostile killing actions.

- Shoot (Day Action) - similar to above.

The more information you include in your request, the more accurate your final role will be. Here’s a template to help guide your request, although it’s not necessary to use when sending me your PM:

Spoiler

Character Name:

Bio:

Day Action(s):

Night Action(s):

Alignment:

Item:

Description:
Action(s) (i.e. ##Use, ##Pass):

Effect (i.e. On ##Use, or On ##Pass):

You can request a specific alignment, but I can’t guarantee it will be the alignment you receive. Also, if you weren’t present for CYOR II, I’ll mention it again: please do not request overpowered roles! Keep game balance in mind. It’s much easier on the GM—and yourself—if you keep your role realistic for a mafia game.

CHANGES FROM PAST CYOR GAMES

CYOR I introduced item mechanics into the game. Items could be passed around and used by any player, regardless of role. Typically, each item type would have an origin. For example, before any Vials of Synthetic Watermelon could be used, they would have to be created by Black Science Man and passed by that role.

In CYOR II, items were absent from the game due to how quickly the game was put together.

In CYOR III, items are not only making a comeback, but they’re going to have a more powerful presence. Usually, if a player was killed before they could create or pass their items around, then the game would never see those items used. It was an unfortunate scenario in CYOR I, and so this time if “origin roles” exist, then they will start the game with one or more of the items they create.

As with roles, if you choose to request an item in the game, please try to keep it realistic and relatively balanced. Requests for “magic potions that instantly discover mafia” will not be honored! Remember, requesting an item is optional!

Co-Moderator

If you’ve never hosted a mafia game or want to see some behind-the-scenes work, I’ll be accepting one co-moderator for this game. It’s entirely optional, but a great way to get some “GM Cred” without having hosted a game before. You’ll essentially see everything about the game and how I resolve actions, and I’ll sometimes ask you to check my work to ensure accuracy.

Note: Applying for this role means you will not be able to join the game!

Note 2: I'll most likely need a co-mod to assist me during the weekend of March 17-19, when I'll be moving out of my current apartment.

Signed Players – 8 Minimum

Killing You

Shade939

Sunflower

OrangeP47

Nodlied

TheIrishMan

Category 5 Hurricane

FRAYDO

ChopBam

Retaliation

10 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I might need a little while to decide on a role. Probably decide over the weekend.

Ideally I'd like to have all requests by the end of the 28th so I can use a day to balance and patch roles out. 5 days should be plenty of time. No rush.

@Retaliation Do it! :b Success

@Chaos_Knight Been missing you, man. Failure

@Voe How can you not take part of a game Nodlied is playing? Success

@ChopBam You know you want to Success

@kamuixmod Hopefully nothing too chaos inducing this time.

@Isaac The Madd Pretty sure this is your favorite game type

@Alstar Bask in the fun.

@Mojoman Grace us with your presence. Failure

@VERTi60 You haven't actually participated in a game for a bit man, have at it! Failure

The more, the merrier!

20 hours ago, Mojoman said:

Nah sorry. Just not really that into it atm.

If that's because of me calling you bad town the past 3 mafia games you've played, don't take it personally. Heat of the game, and if anything I said to you or about you really hit a nerve, I'm sorry. Will be looking forward to your return!

5 hours ago, Jeod said:

If that's because of me calling you bad town the past 3 mafia games you've played, don't take it personally. Heat of the game, and if anything I said to you or about you really hit a nerve, I'm sorry. Will be looking forward to your return!

Nah we cool.

34 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Does anyone have contact information for these three?

Alstar is on Discord and Kamuixmod doesn't want to play. Not sure about Isaac.

I will need your email addresses that you wish to use for google docs. Please PM them to me.

I am still looking for a CO-MOD to cover for me during March 17-19 when I will be moving out of my apartment.

Time's up. Because I can't make Voe a hostile alignment (unfair to himself or possible partners), he would obviously be town if I gave him a random role. Therefore, I'm removing him from the game. I'll send out PMs in about 4 hours. @Voe, if you send me a role before then, keep in mind that it might be rejected if I can't integrate it with the setup in time.

14 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

The first time ever Voe eliminated *himself* first round? :o 

Actually voe was the "1st Day lynch/kill" for a long time (mostly BHP era), and iirc he even voted himself most of the times. Hence the meta "if voe lives after day 1 he's scum" (proven in a couple of games, e.g. APB Mafia II).