Battle for Dune: War of Assassins March Update (Blog #128)

Hey everyone, it's that time once again for a Battle for Dune update, fresh from Arrakis! As always, we've waited too long to push another one out but better late than never!!

Horde Mode

Last year we showed off a teaser for a new game mode on 1st April titled Horde Mode. It was a game mode in the making that we never really clarified if it was a thing or not due to the date posted, as you can now guess, it is actually a thing!

Here's a latest peek at how it's looking;

"Your Great House has gone to finally vanquish one of the other 2 Great Houses fighting furiously for control of the Spice Melange on Arrakis. Meanwhile, The Guild and the Tleilaxu have unleashed their evil plan! All food stores on Arrakis have been poisoned to turn everyone into mindless Contaminators!! You are still on Arrakis when this happens, you are isolated from your Division, your only choice is to survive until reinforcements come, time to fight the Horde!"

You start out in an abandoned village, alone. You suddenly receive a radio transmission from one of your House's higher ranking Officers, explaining to you the situation that everyone is facing, regardless of House. After exploring the ruined buildings for a few minutes you conclude that there is no one and nothing left, just silence and the odd scorpion scuttling about. You start to make your way out of the village, when you receive another incoming transmission, a large swarm of Tleilaxu Contaminators are heading in your direction from all sides! 

Upon hearing this, you need to find a good location to begin taking on the first initial wave. Every few minutes new weapons are granted to you via your local House military outpost, trying desperately to help fight off the masses. You need to hold out until help arrives via transport to get you out of there!

Expect to see more of this mode coming up soon!

Future Plans

We're constantly busy getting the game into a better shape day by day, to hit that First Release milestone. Things are a bit rough currently, but we're always making progress in the right direction. Look out for some updates and videos soon!

Don't sit with your back to any doors...

That's it for this update, here's to no more long waits for more of them to come! As always you can keep following us here, on Facebook, IndieDB and Twitter!

[blurb]

Hey everyone, it's that time once again for a Battle for Dune update, fresh from Arrakis! As always, we've waited too long to push another one out but better late than never!!

Last year we showed off a teaser for a new game mode on 1st April titled Horde Mode. It was a game mode in the making that we never really clarified if it was a thing or not due to the date posted, as you can now guess, it is actually a thing!

[/blurb]

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Mihaita12 said:

I want more updates in this year! Not in next year!

Translation: give me shiny photos of some in-game unit/tank/building to drool over Or else the house of Harkonnen will get its revenge on you Atreides scum!

(sidenote: the house of Ordos wasn’t mentioned much in the original book series, but for some reason was chosen to be the third faction in the game)

Edited by Raptor29aa
Sidenote

On 3/23/2018 at 11:22 AM, Raptor29aa said:

(sidenote: the house of Ordos wasn’t mentioned much in the original book series, but for some reason was chosen to be the third faction in the game)

House Ordos was introduced in a book called The Dune Encyclopedia in 1984, but it was never canon and only stated its existence. Westwood probably wanted to add something to the Dune universe like Petroglyph did later with the Zann Consortium in Star Wars (yes, they are still part of the canon universe thanks to Star Wars Uprising)

• 4 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:22 PM, Raptor29aa said:

Translation: give me shiny photos of some in-game unit/tank/building to drool over Or else the house of Harkonnen will get its revenge on you Atreides scum!

I never said wrong about it!

• 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:22 PM, Raptor29aa said:

That's not what I did said, your mind picks up wrong stuffs, stop it!

On 11/12/2018 at 10:40 AM, Mihaita12 said:

That's not what I did said, your mind picks up wrong stuffs, stop it!

Translation: I knew it! You are a Harkonnen spy. You Cannot represent the Great House of Ordos, nor can you be an emissary to Imperium on my behalf. We will own the spice and you will rue the day you crossed me.

15 hours ago, Raptor29aa said:

Translation: I knew it! You are a Harkonnen spy. You Cannot represent the Great House of Ordos, nor can you be an emissary to Imperium on my behalf. We will own the spice and you will rue the day you crossed me.

Stop it with these fake translation! STOP IT!!!!!