APB 3.2.0.0 Changelog

Bloody hell, thats a lot of changes.

Balancethrower - Deserved bunch of nerfs.

Grenadiers - well, they were in fact a bit too squishy.

Medics - Well, now its gonna be harder to heal during combat but i like it. Armor cache changes also look good.

Sniper - Oh boy, time to annoy everyone :v

Spy - This gonna be good. And annoying. Now it will be a bit more useful beside ability to steal vehicles

LT - Guess 800 price seems a bit too harsh but then i see their preformance. I have mixed feelings about this one.

Rooftop changes - necessary. Now it's gonan be easier to fend off anyone who plans on flaring the rooftops.

Coastal influence - Made a little extra room for vehicles on the island.

25z7wu.jpg

Complex - Whoa, Radar Domes are back. Feels like old times.

KOTG sounds fine for me, those gaps were really annoying

Pipeline now ends up being real oil control war.

Overall, looking good for me. Also what is this with big patches coming out lately, APB, Forged Battalions, tomorrow Fire Emblem Heroes, soon MO xD

45 minutes ago, Alstar said:

Complex - Whoa, Radar Domes are back. Feels like old times.

Wow I'm an idiot, I completely forgot that the original CF Complex had radar domes. When adding them in I noticed the map already had a radar spy zone set up hidden underground, so I figured that maybe I tried adding domes at some point in the past, declared effort and stopped but left the zone there, and then just forgot about it all :v

Good work.

As I've told Pushwall, I'm available for more environment related updates. As long as I got time, I can work on updating APB's more out-dated assets... So long as he stops touching my noise filters. :v :v :v

5 hours ago, Alstar said:

LT - Guess 800 price seems a bit too harsh but then i see their preformance. I have mixed feelings about this one.

I'm going to echo this.  I'm not sure about the change.  That's my biggest concern though, so most everything else I'm happy to see.

The extra price is mostly there so that in the super-common instant LT rush you don't get to put even more power into it by buying better infantry. Maybe on maps with slow dumps you can get a sergeant/grenadier but you'd have to rack up a lot of combat credits or have people donate credits around to be able to get a LT+cap or LT+RS on first dump. And on maps where income is decided by trickle instead of ore dumps, means Allies don't have such a big advantage in getting early tanks out. Later in the game Allies typically have money to burn so this shouldn't do much at that time except make the Medium a little more alluring, and I've seen a surprisingly small amount of Medium use...

I like the changes, not sure about the medic but I don’t use medics anyways, still I have two concerns. 

a) on guard duty without hill coverage how  will artillery defend again V2 bombardment? (Not to mention Refinery AA gun sniping).

B) and this one is important! If there are no silos or refineries on Pipeline then how am I supposed to early game LT thief the Soviets and send most of the opposing team into an angry screeching fit? (Edit: Or maybe I should just ask that thief’s get removed from the map).

5 minutes ago, Raptor29aa said:

a) on guard duty without hill coverage how  will artillery defend again V2 bombardment? (Not to mention Refinery AA gun sniping).

Guard Duty prior to this was one of the most Allied biased maps. I'm sure they'll find a way.

5 minutes ago, Raptor29aa said:

(Edit: Or maybe I should just ask that thief’s get removed from the map).

Fair enough.

Or maybe I can stick an "Oil Pipeline Control Terminal" inside one of the Soviet buildings or near the Soviet base oil, which looks like an ore silo terminal and is just there for thieves to interact with.

In case anyone is wondering why the airfield asphalt still looks relatively blurry, that is because despite using 8 2048x2048 textures in two rows, the airfield is still very big. It looks fine when looked at it from an aircraft point of view however. The sharp edges of the runway paint is achieved through a 3rd pass material, this is why it doesn't blur along with the main texture, and also why it can reflect light, useful if there ever is a night-time air map.

In hindsight (cough) I could have opted to go for an asphalt with less observable patterns, but I only had limited asphalt materials to pick from and believe me this one was the best I had on hand, although I think the original photograph quality could have been a lot better. Consider it an error I'm unlikely to repeat again.

Edited by Raap

On 3/8/2018 at 7:50 AM, Pushwall said:

:allied:  Red Alert: A Path Beyond Update      :soviet:

fixicon 0000.pngsyrdicon 0000.pngspenicon 0000.png Repair buildings

• Ground/air vehicle repair costs 50% of the vehicle's price just like naval vehicles (was 25%)

I don't like this. When WFs are down, SD served as a mitigant and helped with defense. This kinda nerfs SD.

Released patch 3.2.0.1:

General

• Fixed a bunch of memory leaks.
  • Fixed a leak involving Gap fields which was causing empty vehicles in them and anything that was in the process of stealthing/unstealthing in them to gradually hinder performance more and more throughout the course of a match.

Infantry

• Removed accuracy penalties for the initial shots fired after exiting sprint mode. You now only get penalties from jumping/falling (including exiting a vehicle).
  • Removed the server's "built-in" rebuy timer (the one that produced "Barracks in use" messages) as that main purpose of that is now covered by the new "no buying in combat" script. So now you should be able to buy new infantry immediately after respawning just fine (unless someone shoots you of course).
  • Lowered the server's "built-in" refill timer (the one that only prevented you from getting multiple refills in succession) down from 15 to 5 seconds, as the main purpose of that is now covered by the new 5-second "no refilling in combat" script.
  • Fixed assorted infantry weapons that had worse accuracy when crouchwalking/scoping than they did when standing.

Medic.gif Medic

• MP5 no longer has a damage penalty against hard targets.
  • MP5 ROF up slightly (11.25 -> 12)
  • Medic Kit now has projectile extensions so it should be easier to hit moving teammates with.

pt_so_officer.png Kapitan

• PKM ROF up slightly (12 -> 12.5)

Vehicles

Ranger.gif Ranger

• Some further physics tweaks, should be again less flippable.
  • Suspension now moves again, this time without the stretching when steering, as the crippling issue mentioned in the original changelog has been fixed.
  • Soviet Ranger ROF up slightly (12 -> 12.5)
  • No longer has a unique armour class; takes damage exactly like a normal light vehicle instead of having a bonus vs AT mines, penalty vs Hinds, and faster meching.

Demolition_Truck.gif Demolition Truck

• No longer has a unique armour class; takes damage exactly like a normal light vehicle instead of dying instantly to MAD shockwaves.

Mine_Layer.gif Minelayer

• AT Mine damage up from 200 to 225 (as previously 2 mines were dropping HTs to 1 health)
  • Fixed AP mines spawning with too low health, which would cause them to take time to become hidden.

Tesla_Tank.gif Tesla Tank

• Reverted the change to their turret restrictions.
  • Instead, their health has been increased slightly (200 -> 225).
  • No longer has a unique armour class; takes damage exactly like a normal light vehicle instead of having a bonus vs tesla damage.

Bots

Giantant.gif Ants

• Fixed AI issue where they would freeze up and fail to attack infantry that were too close to them; they will now attempt to back up if enemies are too close, and can attack infantry that are standing in or on them anyway.
  • Can no longer be shoved by infantry.
  • They no longer produce constant "anti-cheesing" explosions in a small radius around them as they are not needed anymore.
  • Scout/Warrior ants will now start attacking before they have gotten in range to hit their enemy, as this reduces their stutter-stepping issue.
  • Fire Ants will no longer launch fireballs into the sky if they decide to attack while moving backwards.

Other bots

• Infantry bots' muzzle direction now behaves like a player's, so they will now continue to fire at their intended target instead of random directions if they aren't using the standard firing animation (like when infantry bots are set on fire/shocked, or when a Fire Ant is moving backwards)
  • Flamethrower bot no longer has a nerfed ROF (doesn't need it since it can't cheese other bots' aiming anymore)
  • Grenadier, Rocket Soldier, Flamethrower and Fire Ant bots will now try to aim at enemy infantry's feet for splash damage instead of trying for direct hits.
  • Sniper and Flamethrower bots now attempt to initiate combat at the correct ranges of 250m (sniper) and 80m (flamethrower).

Buildings

hpadicon 0000.png Helipad

• Fixed glass somehow becoming much more opaque than it was previously (even though I hadn't touched it before)

Maps

Seamist

• Fixed placement of Soviet War Factory spy zone.

Metro

• Fixed VIS in War Factory basements.

On 16-3-2018 at 7:12 PM, Pushwall said:

Released patch 3.2.0.1:

General

• Fixed a bunch of memory leaks.
  • Fixed a leak involving Gap fields which was causing empty vehicles in them and anything that was in the process of stealthing/unstealthing in them to gradually hinder performance more and more throughout the course of a match.

Based on my observations during a few matches, these seem to have a notable impact. 

More of these excellent improvements, @jonwil & engine team!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2018 at 7:50 AM, Pushwall said:

Spy

• Backup relay from infiltrating Radar Dome now lasts 6 minutes (was 5).
  • Infiltrating the Barracks/War Factory no longer floods the chat with notifications of what vehicles/infantry the Soviet team has (as that doesn't tell the Allies much anyway). Instead, the unit report causes all of the appropriate Soviet units to become visible on global radar, marked by blue magnifying glasses (I wanted to do red chevrons or something red but that's kinda difficult since then it'd make the markers visible to the Soviets). These markers remain visible for 15 seconds. Infiltrating the Barracks will reveal all Soviet infantry who are not in a vehicle (even if they are sneaking), and infiltrating the War Factory will reveal all Soviet ground vehicles (including cloaked ones if Soviets happen to get a hold of an MGG/Phase). Aircraft cannot be marked in this way, and watercraft are marked elsewhere. Be sure to infiltrate the Soviet radar beforehand if your own radar is down!
  • Can now infiltrate Submarine Pens. Doing so provides a similar effect to the new Barracks/War Factory infiltration, except it reveals Soviet watercraft (LSTs, submarines and stolen boats) and the markers stay visible for 1 minute.
  • All infiltration abilities now have a small trigger zone like the War Factory one; they now require the spy to get close to the MCT, instead of just being anywhere in the building that's on the same level as the MCT. (Excluding the Missile silo which, like it did previously, still requires the spy to press E on the A-Bomb purchase terminal.)

We should give a cool down time to the Barracks/War Factory/Subpen ability, as well as a notification to the Soviets of infiltration, or else a good spy in base would mean Soviets can never do any sneak attacks or flanking again. A required time deplay near the MCT would also make things more realisitc (the spy is "hacking" enemy records) and fun, there is a thrill of waiting try to not get caught.

Also not sure about the radar dome delay to 6 minutes. I feel the Soviets should be adequately incentivized for destroying Allies' radar dome. What's the point hitting the radar with 20 minutes left in the game if the Allies can just infiltrate 3 times and get radar back no problem? Also it would be great if we require the spy to stay near radar MCT for a bit to "activate" the relay.

Edited by des1206

1 hour ago, des1206 said:

We should give a cool down time to the Barracks/War Factory/Subpen ability, as well as a notification for the Soviets, or else a good spy in base would mean Soviets can never do any sneak attacks or flanking again. A required timer deplay near the MCT would also make things more realisitc (the spy is "hacking" enemy records) and fun, there is a thrill of waiting try to not get caught.

Don't let the spy do his rounds tbh. It's already not that hard to know that a spy exists, he needs some time to reach your base after being bought, and with this patch he is also much more fragile so the only "combat" he is really suited to is picking off the unaware from the shadows before they can notice him - if anyone is aware of his presence he is really easy to deal with. But even then, if there's a spy going around your base unmolested hitting up all the buildings because your entire team is on the front lines, then that means the Allies have one less tank/rocket/Tanya/whatever able to sit around and defend from whatever's coming their way. That was a pretty big problem with spies before - most of their contributions for their team were absolutely not worth giving up an extra combatant for, especially if the Allies are stuck on the defensive which is more likely when they have less manpower to push out to the field. Oh good, manifest says the Soviets have 5 mammoth tanks, we kinda already gathered that from their limited war factory purchase pool, would have much rather had a medium tank/rocket at home to actually deal with that! And if your base is completely empty so anyone wanting to infiltrate will have a field day, would you much rather that the infiltrator was a spy signaling your sneak attack, or a phase-thief destroying mines and stealing half your credits, or a phase-tanya or phase-engineer destroying a building?

I'd be open to maybe adding a slight delay for the hacking, but an absolute no to letting the Soviets know that they've been spotted. Soviets not knowing that is kind of the entire point.

1 hour ago, des1206 said:

Also not sure about the radar dome delay to 6 minutes. I feel the Soviets should be adequately incentivized for destroying Allies' radar dome. What's the point hitting the radar with 20 minutes left in the game if the Allies can just infiltrate 3 times and get radar back no problem? Also it would be great if we require the spy to stay near radar MCT for a bit to "activate" the relay.

You can't get airdrops with a relay. And if Allies want to get radar back, they have to render themselves one tank/tanya/rocket/other-inf-of-choice short for as long as it takes the spy to reach the enemy base, which on most dome maps is a fairly long time even if the spy is taking the shortest possible route which would almost certainly involve running past multiple Soviets, at least one of whom should recognise him.

If the other spy abilities get a chargeup delay I would do it for this one too just for consistency. I had only considered it for the refinery ability initially because of how incredibly powerful it is and the fact that its eventual effect can be pretty heavily delayed by killing ore trucks.

The  "one man down = gg" and "spy is easy to spot" arguments may be less applicable to larger games; however, it's been a thing for all of Delta that map victories have gotten more and more skewed in the Soviets' favour the higher player counts get. The spy seemed a pretty obvious choice for a unit who could be buffed to help give Allies a bit more of a fighting chance in larger games without suddenly causing the Allies to dominate small games. You really can't afford to dedicate someone to "reveal the sneaks/slow the economy/get the radar back" duty in a 4v4 unless there's a pretty severe player skill imbalance.

36 minutes ago, Pushwall said:

Don't let the spy do his rounds tbh. It's already not that hard to know that a spy exists, he needs some time to reach your base after being bought, and with this patch he is also much more fragile so the only "combat" he is really suited to is picking off the unaware from the shadows before they can notice him - if anyone is aware of his presence he is really easy to deal with. But even then, if there's a spy going around your base unmolested hitting up all the buildings because your entire team is on the front lines, then that means the Allies have one less tank/rocket/Tanya/whatever able to sit around and defend from whatever's coming their way. That was a pretty big problem with spies before - most of their contributions for their team were absolutely not worth giving up an extra combatant for, especially if the Allies are stuck on the defensive which is more likely when they have less manpower to push out to the field. Oh good, manifest says the Soviets have 5 mammoth tanks, we kinda already gathered that from their limited war factory purchase pool, would have much rather had a medium tank/rocket at home to actually deal with that! And if your base is completely empty so anyone wanting to infiltrate will have a field day, would you much rather that the infiltrator was a spy signaling your sneak attack, or a phase-thief destroying mines and stealing half your credits, or a phase-tanya or phase-engineer destroying a building?

I'd be open to maybe adding a slight delay for the hacking, but an absolute no to letting the Soviets know that they've been spotted. Soviets not knowing that is kind of the entire point.

You can't get airdrops with a relay. And if Allies want to get radar back, they have to render themselves one tank/tanya/rocket/other-inf-of-choice short for as long as it takes the spy to reach the enemy base, which on most dome maps is a fairly long time even if the spy is taking the shortest possible route which would almost certainly involve running past multiple Soviets, at least one of whom should recognise him.

I don't disagree with your point that having 1 player short is a big handicap to the Allied team, and no notification to the Soviets makes sense to me. But I would still lobby for a delay in infiltration refresh (like every 2 minutes?). In APB surprise attacks matter a lot. Buildings in APB are best taken down by a sudden concentrated attack before the defenders can react or repair. As the Soviets in a medium sized game, I would much rather face 1 more Allied defender but get my 15 seconds initial attack on a building in, than they know we are coming everytime. I don't care if my entire attack force gets owned, as long as we manage to kill a building each time. 

You can't get airdrops without relay, but it doesn't matter if Allies still have their War Factory. On many maps I remember being able to get a spy and ranger after our radar was down and get relay back within 2 minutes. Again surprise attacks are really powerful in APB, and being blind should be a big penalty (and reward for the Soviets for killing dome).

Edited by des1206