[INTEREST] Marvel CYOR or DC Crisis

Killing_You

Which forum mafia game would you like to play?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which forum mafia game would you like to play?

• Marvel Secret Invasion (CYOR)
    • DC Flashpoint (Crisis)
    • I'll play either one

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/22/2018 at 01:35 AM

Greetings and salutations, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, of all races, genders, sexualities, preferences, colors, and religious beliefs (or lack thereof). Here we go, at this point, I am ready to host a game myself. Which one, well, that is for you to decide. You have two options.

[MARVEL] Secret Invasion (CYOR)Secret Invasion is based on the comic storyline of the same name, and will feature several key members of Earth being replaced by an alien race known as Skrulls.

This will follow some of the basic rules of CYOR, with a few alterations:

-All roles submitted will be submitted without alignment requests. Once all roles have been received, those selected to be Mafia will simply be given the "Skrull" modifier, which changes your win condition, as well as grant access to the scumdoc and nightkill ability.
-There will be no neutral or third party alignments. This will be a pure town/scum game.
-To prevent overlap of both character and role requests, each player will need to submit at least 2 different roles. In theory, this should allow each player to have fun creating their role while allowing some wiggle room for balance.
-Finally, due to the nature of the storyline, I'd like players to keep their roles bound to Earth. This will allow people to play as the Avengers, the Defenders, the X-Men, etc... but not the Guardians, for example.

This setup can be run with a minimum of 8 players.

[DC] Flashpoint (Crisis)Also based on a similarly named comic storyline, this game will feature an alternate universe created by Barry Allen after an attempt to save his mother from death. Bruce Wayne is dead, Barry has lost his powers, and the world is caught between the Atlanteans and Amazons, who are on the brink of war. If the conflict escalates much further, the world will be leveled by a war far more devastating than anything it has seen before.

Like most Crisis games, this will feature a group of Warmongers attempting to raise the World Tension meter to 100%, sparking a world war, while Town works to eliminate them.

This setup can be run with a minimum of 10 players.

So, there we have it! Pick away, and I look forward to which one gets picked!

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I'll play either.  Only concern is my previously mentioned availability.  I won't be around from March 28th to around April 5th.

Neither game will start until April 6th at the earliest anyway, so it's all good.

Just so you guys know, this is going to stay open until the 23rd due to Irish's game, and signups will begin on the 24th. Aiming for an April 7th start date.

Whichever one you guys don't pick will be ran at a later date, although it seems like Marvel CYOR will be ran first.

1 hour ago, Killing_You said:

Whichever one you guys don't pick will be ran at a later date, although it seems like Marvel CYOR will be ran first.

Yeah, I'm really "Porque no los dos?" about this.  I'm not even that big a fan of DC, but I'm interested in another "crisis" type setup, seeing as one of the major one's in recent memory I couldn't play, due to being the GM and all :p

I have so many ideas for Marvel though I'll likely submit 3-4 ideas rather than just 2 for you to pick from, though some of those are alternate ability sets for the same character.

37 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

but I'm interested in another "crisis" type setup, seeing as one of the major one's in recent memory I couldn't play, due to being the GM and all :p

Heh. Spoon™

• 2 weeks later...