[Game Over] CYOR - Battle of the Gods Edition

TheIrishman

Based on these new revelations I think we might have multiple TPs here which means the scum team might be a small one (but still powerful).

Possible combos:

1. Scum: iLTS & Nodlied (last CYOR scum could also mason), TP/Neuts: KY & Cat5 & Fraydo

2. Scum: iLTS & Cat5, TP/Neuts: KY & Shade & Fraydo

4. Scum iLTS & Fraydo & Nodlied, TP/Neuts: KY & Shade

2. Scum: iLTS & Fraydo & Cat5, TP/Neuts: KY & Shade

9 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Then you know I'm scum, so you don't mind putting me up as target number one to use your ability on? And if your wrong then you've lynched the third party?

9 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

What are you even talking about?

same tbh

Jeod was right :v

8 hours ago, Shade939 said:
  • ILikeToSnipe - the really long shot where he somehow managed to kill from beyond the grave...

I'm more inclined to think Category 5 is Mafia in this situation than anyone else.

8 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

What if the kill on Jeod was actually a delayed daykill? What would you have to say to that?

It would seem both Shade and Cat5 share the same suspicion. It is a possibility.

1 hour ago, VERTi60 said:

Also this doesn't sound like neutral objective, more like third party. Neutrals don't go hunt down members of town or scum, their objective must be neutral in regards to other factions. Once again if this is true, GMs should learn the difference between neutral and TP.

Maybe his personal objective, not necessarily his game objective. Just a stray thought. I'm to assume his real objective is simply surviving to the end, and whatever he got from ChopBam may have made that all too easy for him. I can't be sure about that second part though, since both of them remain quiet on what advantage KY may now possess.

1 hour ago, VERTi60 said:

Based on these new revelations I think we might have multiple TPs here which means the scum team might be a small one (but still powerful).

Possible combos:

1. Scum: iLTS & Nodlied (last CYOR scum could also mason), TP/Neuts: KY & Cat5 & Fraydo

2. Scum: iLTS & Cat5, TP/Neuts: KY & Shade & Fraydo

4. Scum iLTS & Fraydo & Nodlied, TP/Neuts: KY & Shade

2. Scum: iLTS & Fraydo & Cat5, TP/Neuts: KY & Shade

Says small scum team, yet combos #4 and #2 (which, what? I think you mean #4 = 3 and the second #2 = 4??) show three scum players. I can assure you I am Town. If we were to narrow down our scum suspects to Category and Nodlied, I'm leaning more toward Nodlied and would place him at #2 for Oranges ability.

You were roleblocked Fraydo, so if in case you are mafia there has to be somebody else in there who did the night kill. If we believe the night kill was delayed (that's the scummiest thing to do, btw, since it ruins scum hunting to a degree and makes the game hard to figure out for town), we can have the 4 short combinations.

KY can't be scum, unless scum are disconnected this game (doubtful). But he could possibly be TP. Based on today's lynch and happenings tonight, I can reveal more tomorrow. I am very interested as to how KY will act, and unless he makes a mistake, it'll probably tell us where he stands.

2 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Ok what? KY is a... err... neutral  role-blocker?!

Like, really? Last time we had neutral infector, now we have a neutral rolebcloker, this is not how neutral works!

@Killing_You can you please answer these?

1. What's your "neutral" objective, why do you need a roleblock ability if you are suppose to be neutral?

2. Is your roleblock also blocking anyone else, e.g. players visiting the target or target's target or w/e?

3. Please if you have any other abilities, now would be a good time to reveal them.

##unvote

Holy me, you seem nettled by this revelation. Not to worry, it's not Ragnarok or anything like that, although to answer your questions I suppose this warrants a full claim.

Pleased to meet you all, I am Hades, Lord of the Underworld. My objective is to survive this game while holding at least one soul. How do I gather souls? Passively, of course, as I just fish them out of the River Styx, as they float on by whenever a player dies. Doesn't matter what player, though, so Town could play a perfect game and I'd win. Conversely, Scum could play a perfect game and I'd still win. So long as I was alive, of course. In fact, I think this is what my roleblock was intended for. Did you catch iLTS's "gather souls" passive? He was a direct competitor to me, and with him eliminated, I don't seem to have anyone who can get in my way.

Now, souls don't just count towards my win condition, they also power my two other abilities. At two souls, I have enough to charge my night BP status (so yeah, I'm safe for the night), and at three, I have a one-shot day ability that removes my vote for that day while also revealing my alignment. I have a feeling I won't need that, since I can win alongside Town in the event of a perfect game, and I'm more than willing to help with the scumhunt.

So that's the first and third questions answered. As for the second, I think it might also guard them from harm, as it's technically a jailer action.

Ok thanks for the clarification, KY.

I find it very odd that a neutral role has the same objective as scum - gathering souls. Maybe for scum, they'll get a different set of powers.

What is the most likely scenario though, there might be two scum teams, which would make more sense...

25 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

jailer action.

That could explain mine "I wasn't able to" result a bit more.

A Jailkeeper that simultaneously blocks and protects their target is considered Normal on mafiascum.net, provided that any mutual blocking scenarios are planned for during review. Any role that receives results (such as Tracker or Watcher) but is blocked as a result of being targeted by a Jailkeeper should receive a "no result" message, rather than told their target didn't go anywhere or nobody visited their target. A Jailkeeper cannot stop a Strongman from committing a kill (regardless of who they target) , and does not prevent other players from targeting their target with non-killing actions (e.g. if a Watcher and Jailkeeper target the same player, the Watcher will see the Jailkeeper's action).A Jailkeeper that simultaneously blocks and protects their target is considered Normal on mafiascum.net, provided that any mutual blocking scenarios are planned for during review. Any role that receives results (such as Tracker or Watcher) but is blocked as a result of being targeted by a Jailkeeper should receive a "no result" message, rather than told their target didn't go anywhere or nobody visited their target. A Jailkeeper cannot stop a Strongman from committing a kill (regardless of who they target) , and does not prevent other players from targeting their target with non-killing actions (e.g. if a Watcher and Jailkeeper target the same player, the Watcher will see the Jailkeeper's action).

2 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

I find it very odd that a neutral role has the same objective as scum - gathering souls. Maybe for scum, they'll get a different set of powers.

*ahem*

31 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

My objective is to survive this game while holding at least one soul.

On 3/18/2018 at 5:23 PM, TheIrishman said:
He wanted to use the Souls of the Gods and his own as fuel to help restart the Age of Fire by Linking the Bonfires once more.

Not quite the same objective, just different uses for the same item.

8 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Not quite the same objective, just different uses for the same item.

My point is that "gathering souls" sounds more like what Shade was doing last game, and it definitely doesn't sound neutral :p

Is there any difficulty in gathering souls? Cause that seems like an odd objective to me if your other objective is just to survive. Obviously if you survive, plenty of people will have died, rendering the soul collection objective completely moot if you ask me...

Just now, ChopBam said:

Is there any difficulty in gathering souls? Cause that seems like an odd objective to me if your other objective is just to survive. Obviously if you survive, plenty of people will have died, rendering the soul collection objective completely moot if you ask me...

Gathering souls, no, since it's a passive. Keeping them, on the other hand, might pose an issue. If someone attacks me at night, for example, boom-that's two souls out the window. And if I use my day ability to confirm my alignment, boom- three gone. I also imagine I would've had to compete with iLTS, but that's not an issue anymore.

Just now, VERTi60 said:

I absolutely love KY's avatar, fits his explanations - "guys relax, I'll just gather your souls peacefully!" :v

Why do you care? As I've said, I could win if town played a perfect game, and the reason I'm forthcoming with this info is because the only thing I have to do now is survive.

10 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I think I've done plenty enough to be clear of being Mafia already, given that OrangeP47 was my target and someone must have seen me do that, but if you want an extra dose of insurance, sure. 

What if the kill on Jeod was actually a delayed daykill? What would you have to say to that?

Yeah man this looks pretty flimsy to me. What exactly did you target Orange with? And weren't we told that the killer tried to target Orange but was redirected to Jeod?

I'm not a fan of this. I'm neutral, so I'd be fine, but not in the #2 seat. And if Orange's result on Cat5 is accurate, I'd guess he's TP with his own set of objectives.

We should probably- no definitely- focus on finding the last scum.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

That's fine. I'd like to see if FRAYDO feels comfortable being the #2.

##vote FRAYDO

I guess this could be a good way to compromise by checking between you being scum and FRAYDO having committed a delayed kill.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Yeah man this looks pretty flimsy to me. What exactly did you target Orange with? And weren't we told that the killer tried to target Orange but was redirected to Jeod?

I told you this long in advance, but I acted as Ashera on OrangeP47, which guaranteed his action would make his target and be accurate. Given that he has an admitted accurate result when the last one was not, suggests that I did make my target. I believe Shade said he switched Jeod and Nodlied again.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Nah, the killer tried to target me.

I also don't think it was a delayed kill. I think I failed to block the NK.

1 minute ago, VERTi60 said:

Are you hinting that cat5 messed with your jailer action?

No, I'm hinting that I blocked the wrong person, and someone who is not FRAYDO did the nightkill. How are you coming to these conclusions?

2 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

No, I'm hinting that I blocked the wrong person, and someone who is not FRAYDO did the nightkill. How are you coming to these conclusions?

If Fraydo wasn't blocked, how can you tell he wasn't the one doing the NK?!

All we know (mainly from Chop and Shade) that the NK was redirected. So unless Shade and Chop are making the whole bus thing up, we are working with the fact that the NK on KY was redirected to Jeod, and we still don't know who did it.