[GAME OVER] CYOR- Marvel Secret Invasion Edition

Killing_You

GAME OVERYou gather around OrangeP47, and hang him by his neck. Before long, he morphs into a skrull!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbbZzgXGz1RShpOIdKA_7

OrangeP47, as (Skrull) Director Phil Coulson, has failed his mission!

I am out of time, away from my computer, and unable to access my google account at the moment. If @Retaliation shows up before I get home tonight, I'll have him close out the docs and share with the class. Otherwise, I'll write a more detailed game end post when I get home tonight.

In retrospect, I was barely in condition to play the game, much less be scum.  About the full extent of my restraining Shade was a "lol what are you doing?" as he walked right into Irish's trap.  Also, I had a legit scum ability, which disrupted someone's ability to talk during the game, so I couldn't just blend in either unfortunately.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

In retrospect, I was barely in condition to play the game, much less be scum.  About the full extent of my restraining Shade was a "lol what are you doing?" as he walked right into Irish's trap.  Also, I had a legit scum ability, which disrupted someone's ability to talk during the game, so I couldn't just blend in either unfortunately.

Trap, they managed to clear everyone on literally the first night of the game except for a single town member?

Just now, Shade939 said:

Trap, they managed to clear everyone on literally the first night of the game except for a single town member?

The game might have been a bit different if we'd gone with plan A, which was me killing Irish N1, and I would have actually successfully killed him.

I am curious how the balance was decided on. This was still a pretty decent first game hosted by KY. Perhaps under better circumstances for the scum players irl things would have been more challenging.

Just now, Jeod said:

I am curious how the balance was decided on. This was still a pretty decent first game hosted by KY. Perhaps under better circumstances for the scum players irl things would have been more challenging.

I could ignore passive roleblocks (you) and was always unstoppable kill.  I could have put Irish down for good but we thought we'd have someone track me N1 after your shenanigans so I literally sat there doing nothing.  I probably should have just gone ahead and done it.

I could ignore passive roleblocks (you) and was always unstoppable kill.  I could have put Irish down for good but we thought we'd have someone track me N1 after your shenanigans so I literally sat there doing nothing.  I probably should have just gone ahead and done it.

It would have helped, but then everyone would have still been cleared except for you, me and Mojo, so biggest change would have been you dying first most likely. :v

I almost changed my RB to you at the last minute, but I'm glad I didn't because I totally would have gotten lynched. :p

Damn, I played really well this time, aside from killing FRAYDO, but it had solid reasoning behind it so I'm not sorry :b

The game felt balanced to me, but I'd have to look over all the abilities to give an actual opinion and it probably would've lasted longer if Shade didn't fall into my trap. Especially since Orange essentially made my protection ability useless. Good job, KY, I had fun.

7 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Damn, I played really well this time, aside from killing FRAYDO, but it had solid reasoning behind it so I'm not sorry :b

The game felt balanced to me, but I'd have to look over all the abilities to give an actual opinion and it probably would've lasted longer if Shade didn't fall into my trap. Especially since Orange essentially made my protection ability useless. Good job, KY, I had fun.

Irish, to point out the obvious, but do you think I didn't know from your first post what you were up to?

Just now, Shade939 said:

Irish, to point out the obvious, but do you think I didn't know from your first post what you were up to?

I figured it would've been pretty obvious when I asked for Mojo's, Orange's, and your action for whichever of you attempted to kill me, but I thought it had to be one of you so even if you lied I could try to figure out which one of you were telling the truth. Conveniently, using Mojo's Javelin on either of you two would've worked out perfectly.

You probably knew what I was up to, but perhaps you were concerned that you were tracked, watched, or something? I honestly didn't expect you'd tell the truth, but you did and that sealed your fate :\

Just now, TheIrishman said:

I figured it would've been pretty obvious when I asked for Mojo's, Orange's, and your action for whichever of you attempted to kill me, but I thought it had to be one of you so even if you lied I could try to figure out which one of you were telling the truth. Conveniently, using Mojo's Javelin on either of you two would've worked out perfectly.

You probably knew what I was up to, but perhaps you were concerned that you were tracked, watched, or something? I honestly didn't expect you'd tell the truth, but you did and that sealed your fate :\

Yeah, and it stopped you from paying attention to Orange who could actually NK, and prevented anyone from investigating him because you caught the Skrull who targeted you. :p

The ability to get a handle on what everyone did n1 and narrow down who could have done the night kill was a bit of a back breaker. Didn't help that nearly all (if not all, don't want to go through messages) visits were announced to the visited in some way.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

I thought he should have defended himself, but he's right that one of them was going to die.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Yeah, and it stopped you from paying attention to Orange who could actually NK, and prevented anyone from investigating him because you caught the Skrull who targeted you. :p

It's a shame that the notifications, or lack thereof, ended up screwing him over. I think you should've lied and maybe if you two tried to throw each other under the bus, you might've had a better chance. Really the notifications made it a lot easier for us. Some games there aren't any and for some there's a few depending on the actions used, but giving everyone a notification might be too beneficial to Town.

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

It's a shame that the notifications, or lack thereof, ended up screwing him over. I think you should've lied and maybe if you two tried to throw each other under the bus, you might've had a better chance. Really the notifications made it a lot easier for us. Some games there aren't any and for some there's a few depending on the actions used, but giving everyone a notification might be too beneficial to Town.

I'm in the camp that Shade should have done something else, but I was too stoned on painkillers at the time to really do anything but laugh.

Just now, Jeod said:

How did I target both scum on D1?

Same way ChopBam prevented you from using your fake action on Orange but your real action on me. :p

Which I'll point out had a 25% chance to kill anyone, contrary to what you claimed. :v

6 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Without notifications we would have had

Jeod knowing cat5 visited snipe

Cat5 knowing snipe was roleblocked (and the ability)

Sunflower declaring she hexed snipe.

With or without notifications, we were going to see town very quickly figure out who couldn't have done the night kill. I don't think it's even the balance of this game that caused it. We've just adapted to always having tons of town power roles, that we no longer fear outing ourselves day2.