Kane's Wrath Turns 10 today!

OWA

Happy Birthday to Kane's Wrath, which turns 10 years old today! Kane's Wrath is one of our personal favourites out of the C&C series here at W3D Hub because it's just an absolute blast to play in multiplayer! In the past we've had some epic games with the likes of @Voe, @madrox8@Killing_You@VERTi60 and others which we've gotten a lot of fun and laughs from over the years.

CNCNZ has also reported on this, providing some of the history behind the game in their coverage as well. Be sure to check out that article here!

Also, on top of that, GameReplays.org have organized the Decade Cup and it's all culminating today with the final being held today! Catch it being streamed here live on Twitch by bikerushownz and kochevnik (if you're a Russian speaker)! The finalists are Phoenix and Masterleaf, and the prize pool is $2200, which is the largest since the EA-sponsored Ladder Season 3! More information on the event is available here and last week's semifinals and quarterfinals are also available to watch. Look out for the replays of the finals somewhere soon!

Here's to another 10 years to this great expansion for this great game! Here's hoping that C&C Online is still serving the community by then as well, so that we can continue to play online. :)  [blurb]Happy Birthday to Kane's Wrath, which turns 10 years old today![/blurb][thumb]custom_thumb_kaneswrath.png[/thumb]

Art direction was okay, it had good concepts, but a poor graphics engine resulted in poorer results, see; https://cncnz.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/throwback-thursday-15-february2018.jpg

I do think more people would have appreciated a stronger continuation from TS/FS though, particularly when it comes to the subject of Tiberium itself.

Edited by Raap

57 minutes ago, Raap said:

Art direction was okay, it had good concepts, but a poor graphics engine resulted in poorer results, see; https://cncnz.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/throwback-thursday-15-february2018.jpg

I do think more people would have appreciated a stronger continuation from TS/FS though, particularly when it comes to the subject of Tiberium itself.

I'm sorry, but Tiberian Sun graphics don't beat those of C&C 3.

2 hours ago, Raap said:

I do. The sequel to TS/FS should've evolved the atmosphere and art style, but with Tiberium Wars it feels like a reboot as the theme is like a modern rendition of Tiberian Dawn. That's just how I feel about it. 

8 hours ago, ChopBam said:

I'm sorry, but Tiberian Sun graphics don't beat those of C&C 3.

I didn't suggest this? Your statement confuses me!

TS/FS had a stronger atmosphere, a stronger identify when it comes to Tiberium especially. C&C3/KW had much better graphics for most things, but particularly unit graphics were relatively poor and not similar to the concept artwork, due to engine shortcomings related to unit presentation.

Edited by Raap

C&C 3 and Kane's Wrath were good games and all, really nice transition into full 3D and people have modded the games to all hell and back, however I just have a question for you all....

WHO WANTS DINNER? Shiner special, made from 100% real Visceroid meat with your choice of salts and seasoning.

NUarpwlyyy02fJnp2U1pLg7mRDSXmLCQr1S5ssY3