No players on server

Used to play this game a lot back in the day with a few friends and was really hoping to come back and see people still playing. Even joined the discord which was eerily quiet and was told people are usually on around 7pm-8pm GMT but have yet to see anyone on the server, is there anywhere else to talk to people who still play this game so can try organise a few troops to establish battlefield control?

Welcome fellow brother/comrade/soldier/visceroid! :biggrin:

As far as playtimes, its all random bud. Those times you mentioned are when things typically heat up, but it may not be completely consistent. However, the most sure way to get a game started is to join the server and hang out for a bit and be patient. Those that stalk the launcher will notice the activity and join up! We have many players that for one reason or another don't want to sit in an empty server, but will watch the launcher, just waiting for someone to take the plunge :)

Any more questions, please feel free to ask!

The "Beta" era PR-drive was a one of a kind coincidental overlap of opportunistic events that lead to a lot of project exposure. I think the W3D team quite likely understood that as well by now.

It is a shame that the project(s) have less players now because specifically APB today is in a lot better place than APB during the "Beta" days. But who knows, 2018 might be the year of change. Rumor has it EA is working on a new C&C game and might be announcing it this year, and should that happen, then piggybacking on that wave might lead to more awareness of W3D projects.

Despite the age of the engine I still think it is a great little gem (a rough one!), I can say this much more easily now while I am currently working on a prototype using a current generation game engine. W3D might not have the fancy graphics but it has game logic breathing space we take for granted but aren't even remotely common anywhere else - specifically the ease of networked replication is practically unheard of outside of W3D.

Edited by Raap