Black screen in game

Hey guys i need some help, My game doesn't seem to work as it only shows black screen when i'm in game, like the actual in game where you load the map. its just black. ive repaired, run as admin, changed settings from high to low and vice versa, compatibility mode, everything and still doesnt work. Also my game doesnt work(and by work i mean get into the game but still stuck with a black screen unable to pick teams or walk or anything) unless i tick on dedicated server. otherwise if i tick off the dedicated server and press start it just crashes saying "Renegade has encountered an internal error and is unable to continue normally"

I can get in on online servers tho like i can actually play fire and stuff and not just black screen.

Windows 10 

crashdump.20180403-090144-r9972-n1.dmp.zip

On 4/3/2018 at 2:07 AM, DeadrosesTMY said:

I can get in on online servers tho like i can actually play fire and stuff and not just black screen.

Are you saying it's only an issue with LAN play? You can play just fine online?

Here is jonwil's input on the crashdump.

The crashdump suggests network issues (its the sort of crash I see if the network connection drops out sometime during the loading screen due to e.g. the game taking too long to load).

5 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Are you saying it's only an issue with LAN play? You can play just fine online?

Here is jonwil's input on the crashdump.

Yes, i can play fine online, not offline. game crashes ever time with unticked dedicated server, but with dedicated server the game actually loads but only black screen with the player stats on top right of screen with no players but crashes right after pressing random buttons

Yes, i can play fine online, not offline. game crashes ever time with unticked dedicated server, but with dedicated server the game actually loads but only black screen with the player stats on top right of screen with no players but crashes right after pressing random buttons

The game does freeze for a bit on load and makes a tick sound or something then after it fully loads(the load bar all the way to the end) it just crashes right after it reaches the end. ive tried every setting lowest to highest, same thing

Heres a pic of my specs just in case if needed, the gpu i have should be a post step above me

Any suggestions?

dxddd.JPG

Edited by DeadrosesTMY
More details

My guess is this would have to do with your local area network settings. Do you experience any other LAN issues? A firewall or antivirus blocking your game, perhaps? Although that'd be strange if the exe open to WAN but not LAN.

39 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

My guess is this would have to do with your local area network settings. Do you experience any other LAN issues? A firewall or antivirus blocking your game, perhaps? Although that'd be strange if the exe open to WAN but not LAN.

Have disabled my antivirus and allowed The game through firewall, no go. im not sure about the WAN/LAN thing as i have little knowlege of how they work. everything same results

Another kind of question though. What resolution does your game run in and in which does your game start? (I had the problem with the ECW release and was able to fix it this way. Need to check it again though.)

If you can't state your resolution, open the engine.cfg with a notepad in this directory:

C:\Users\XXX\Documents\W3D Hub\games\apb-release

7 hours ago, NoSoldier said:

Another kind of question though. What resolution does your game run in and in which does your game start? (I had the problem with the ECW release and was able to fix it this way. Need to check it again though.)

If you can't state your resolution, open the engine.cfg with a notepad in this directory:

C:\Users\XXX\Documents\W3D Hub\games\apb-release

Funnily enough the game doesnt seem to want to run in full screen mode, always in boarder less windowed mode as setting it to any resolution other than 1080p makes it smaller and not fill up the whole screen(can see the background of other apps etc) no matter what res im running at, currently 1080p