[GAME OVER] Open Janitorial Mafia

Jeod

Killing You hasn't been on since Saturday, so he may not see my PM to him. I'm scheduled to work until hammer today, so if KY doesn't manage to get to it, I'll take care of things at around 6:30PM EDT. I won't count votes past 6PM EDT however.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

Killing You hasn't been on since Saturday, so he may not see my PM to him. I'm scheduled to work until hammer today, so if KY doesn't manage to get to it, I'll take care of things at around 6:30PM EDT. I won't count votes past 6PM EDT however.

Yeah Sundays are my D&D days, so I was pretty busy (especially with it also being mother's day). I'm here now, and I'll be able to handle hammer.

We have reached weeb shitposting levels I did not even believe were possible! I'm slacking.

HorribleSubs-Brynhildr-in-the-Darkness-0

For those unwilling to watch the video or have watched it with much confusion, I offer my takeaway of the video.

Cat5 Reads D1 Video

In order of response:
Cat5 Intro
Mojoman: Ehh? An odd prediction of this game.
iLikeToSnipe: I'm Town, I'm Town! Nya~
Shade: It would be preferable if you stayed put.
Mojoman: Same to you.
Jeod: Fear the almighty GM from above.
TheIrishman: Not a good plan in the slightest.
Mojoman: You're ringing some bells.
Mojoman: Weak argument to deter suspicion.
TheIrishman: Despite your reasoning, it still was a bad plan.
Shade: Not a good plan, for reiteration.
ChopBam: Yes! Someone with sense!
Orange: Feel free to do the math too. That duty is not reserved to me alone.
FRAYDO: The legendary neckbeardom!
Orange: "You're barking up the wrong tree." Self-explanatory really.
Mojoman: No!

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed and inferred in this post are my own and do not reflect the views of Category 5 Hurricane. Also he left out Nodlied and Inferno's responses, if that's noteworthy. 

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

##vote NoLynch

Vote counted.

CVC:

OrangeP47 voted nobody
Category 5 Hurricane voted NoLynch
Shade939 voted nobody
iLikeToSnipe voted FRAYDO
Nodlied voted nobody
Inferno voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted nobody

Majority is tied between FRAYDO and NoLynch (1 vote each).

Time Left: 6h, 19m

Of course FRAYDO would be the only one to put in the effort and actually understand what was going on. He understands that shitposting is an art that can actually be meaningful if you look closely enough.

I had some other posts I was going to respond to but eventually I had to stop and go to bed.

11 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I##Vote No Lynch

Vote counted.

CVC:

OrangeP47 voted NoLynch
Shade939 voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
Inferno voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted nobody

NoLynch has the majority. (2 votes)

Time Left: 5h, 15m

You know, kinda would have liked if one of the two players who voted no lynch would have actually done the math or bothered to put some thought into why it's better to no lynch today than it's not...

It's not like you don't have some fairly obvious reasons, like the Oracle needs a chance to use his night action before he dies?

And as far as possible scum gambits go for today, I'm pretty certain the more effective one is to try and draw the cop report unto a specific player for tonight by acting suspiciously so whoever the lawyer is can change their alignment for tonight...

8 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

##vote NoLynch

Vote counted.

CVC:

OrangeP47 voted NoLynch
Shade939 voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
Inferno voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
FRAYDO voted NoLynch
ChopBam voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted nobody

NoLynch has the majority. (3 votes)

Time Left: 3h, 56m

Was looking at an apartment and it took far longer than it should have, didn't have time to write up a full post over lunch.

I'm pretty solidly against D1 no lynch and think we're better off without it. I'm so opposed I'd even volunteer as the lynch candidate so that we can actually learn some facts.

Without enough time to get into it, I think FRAYDO is the top suspect and would appreciate it if others could go look into his previous posts. He had some scummy logical leaps about Nodlied and it seemed like an attempt to start a bus against him.

1 hour ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'm pretty solidly against D1 no lynch and think we're better off without it. I'm so opposed I'd even volunteer as the lynch candidate so that we can actually learn some facts.

If you're going to make that claim you should at least give some examples to back up your reasoning.

1 hour ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Was looking at an apartment and it took far longer than it should have, didn't have time to write up a full post over lunch.

Without enough time to get into it, 

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

If you're going to make that claim you should at least give some examples to back up your reasoning.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

A no lynch provides opinions, not facts. And any facts the general player base gets from the night is strictly controlled by the mafia with their night kill target. When I'm mafia I prefer no lynch for the control it gives you.

Except for the fact that town has ways to counter mafia in the form of their own power roles...

So does mafia, they have a janitor and lawyer this game. Besides, I was referring to what non-powerroles would know. Unless I'm the cop I can't know anything for certain besides who we find dead tomorrow.

Due to the nature of the game, conjecture is unavoidable and is needed to build cases. But a case that isn't 100% conjecture is better to have.

We could look at voting patterns on D1 and theorize that IF player Y was town then player X could be scum because of Z. But that's just a hypothesis. If we don't know player Y's alignment then the case is weaker. A lot more will get done during D2 with a D1 lynch.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

Either way, it's not like we're just picking a random player. FRAYDO has some weak logic and it looked like he was trying to start a lynch train on Nodlied. It's not proof he's scum, but it's scummy behavior.

Sigh, I'm actually half way tempted to vote up FRAYDO just to see what happens, but realistically does anyone honestly think I'm not just going to do anything other than vote no-lynch in the end anyways. :v

Just now, Shade939 said:

Sigh, I'm actually half way tempted to vote up FRAYDO just to see what happens, but realistically does anyone honestly think I'm not just going to do anything other than vote no-lynch in the end anyways. :v

What's your reason for voting no lynch over a suspicious player?

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

What's your reason for voting no lynch over a suspicious player?

The fact that a day one lynch is basically relying on nothing more than RNG, so based on the role setup the odds heavily favor RNG hurting Town more than it does Scum.

Town is hurt if the Oracle, Doctor, Cop, and also the Miller/Vanilla Mafia role is lynched to a lesser extent than the other three.

Mafia is only really hurt if the Lawyer or Janitor is lynched. Which is mainly because you can't reliably tell the Vanilla Mafia role apart from the Miller unless he's the NK.