[GAME OVER] Open Janitorial Mafia

Jeod

1 hour ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

So I'm mafia for not wanting a no-lynch? Or am I missing something here.

That's probably one of the bigger indications, although I'd also say it's a probably a better bet that one of the players who voted No Lynch is Scum.

Although, personally I'm not as inclined to jump on a train just yet seeing as both Category 5 and Irish seem to be employing the same strategy of suggesting strategies that are going to hinder the cop in this game, it's one thing if only one player does it but when two players are doing it, it suggest it might not just be a coincidence...

On D1 after Irish proposed his roleclaim plan, Nodlied (and several others) were quickly opposed to this plan.

On 5/13/2018 at 8:05 AM, Nodlied said:

Irish, your plan is stupid. Mass claiming will only put a target on the doc, cop and oracle. And then what? We'll only have a pure vanilla game left. We need our powerroles to make life as easy as possible for ourselves.

There isn't anything factually wrong with what Nodlied said. Personally, I don't really see anything scummy.

On 5/13/2018 at 10:21 PM, FRAYDO said:

Uh oh, I had better alert our third scummate that we’ve been found out. Or maybe you’re just looking for an easy wagon.

I think otherwise. It could be you or Orange as scum. However, our opposition to Irish’s plan in public tells me us four are Town. If Irish was scum, his scummates would likely be reprimanding him in the scum doc for being so bold.

Now, we generally all showed disapproval to Irish’s plan. Let’s all anaylze everyone’s reactions to Irish’s plans and note our suspicions. Nodlied is my current top suspect.

But FRAYDO saw something. He didn't even say what he saw, just that he thought Nodlied was the top suspect at that time after one post.

On 5/14/2018 at 12:14 AM, FRAYDO said:

Hey it's not the strongest argument. Statistically however, with 7 people responding to Irish's plan 1 of us has to be the scum attempting to fit in on the "Irish's plan is stupid" disapproval wagon. We have not actually heard from Category at all, and Inferno has not commented on the plan voting yes or no for it. Nodlied's post to me is reading like a "I have to say something or I'll look suspicious." Anyone else? ChopBam's post is reading that way as well, although every time I think I finally will nail him as scum he isn't. I at least gave away my role, although as a villager there's little consequence.

You're too eager to throw a vote onto me for my liking. You can disagree with me and discuss more who our suspects are and leave the vote off. If it's your intent to start a wagon on me, you're giving me a scum read. Too easy though, you couldn't possibly be showing your scum side this early at D1.

Of course, I can't say the word "couldn't".

Do you think Irish is scum then?

After I put pressure on FRAYDO, he did admit that it wasn't the "strongest argument" and provided something of an explanation for his suspicion. Still, his explanation is pretty weak. If somebody claims to be town and proposes a bad town gambit then other town ought to speak out against it. Yes, scum could do the same thing, but that doesn't prove anybody is scum or even cast any suspicion on them. Normally, I don't think much of "X is my top suspect", but to say that so early, non-jokingly, for something so innocuous strikes me as scummy.

I see FRAYDO making multiple leaps of logic without more than a token "explanation". To me, he's even more suspicious today.

Anybody else have some thoughts? There's been very little discussion so far for today.

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
Shade939 voted nobody
iLikeToSnipe voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
Inferno voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted nobody 

Time Left: 24h

31 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I'm the cop and got a scum result on Killing You.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

##vote FRAYDO

Vote counted.

CVC:

Shade939 voted nobody
iLikeToSnipe voted FRAYDO
Nodlied voted nobody
Inferno voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted nobody 

FRAYDO has the majority. (1 vote)

Time Left: 19h 3m

On 5/15/2018 at 4:34 PM, Jeod said:

I gave a 30 minute extension because it appears there will be a lot of discussion today.

Where is this discussion? Orange must be annoyed at us, I'm sure. We're nearing hammer and we have little discussion aside from our cop claims. Is it bad timing for everyone? Scum flying under the radar? No confidence in putting forth information and possible lynches for today?

1 minute ago, FRAYDO said:

Where is this discussion? Orange must be annoyed at us, I'm sure. We're nearing hammer and we have little discussion aside from our cop claims. Is it bad timing for everyone? Scum flying under the radar? No confidence in putting forth information and possible lynches for today?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't know what to do. I tried to convince people for my second plan based on mathematical probabilities but besides Cat5's comment, it was basically brushed aside as if no one is concerned that tomorrow (Day Three) is LYLO if we don't get something done.

Although it does feel like you're ignoring iLTS's accusations which is a bit odd.

Here are my current reads/thoughts, if this encourages discussion.

Category5
Town. While offering a plan just as unorthodox as Irish's, it has generally been more agreed upon. Following his strategy to get ahead of Mafia in this janitorial setup seems to be going well in my opinion.

Shade939
Town. At first I wanted to read Scum, as these plans are not allowing him to effectively choose the next NK. However his genuine frustration at said plans, whether because he views them as a hindrance to our scumhunting efforts or not fully grasping the strategy, tell me otherwise. I'm leaning also toward reluctance, as Shade appears to want straightforward scumhunting, and I can't be against that. Town.

iLTS
Leaning scum. As Nodlied said in response to my scum predictions, it only makes sense if iLTS was feeling threatened. Mojo's claim that iLTS could be the Miller puts an investigation into him in question. Is Mojo protecting iLTS? Or perhaps hoping for an incorrect investigation that shows iLTS as mafia and easily gets lynched D3?

Currently viewing me as suspicious, as he did yesterday. I'll respect his vote on me and not vote him back out of spite, but he's starting a train on the wrong guy. I would want to hear his #2 and #3 suspects than tunnel-vision on me. Not necessarily ignoring iLTS' concerns towards me, only that my read on Nodlied kind of drops the whole argument. His pushing on me despite that fact is somewhat suspicious still.

Nodlied
Town. I had wanted to nail him as Scum as well, but the report is Town. Unless the Lawyer got involved here, he's clear.

Inferno
Null. Would need to see more.

Mojoman
Leaning toward Scum.
Define "safe lynch" for me.
Also In his words,
"I'm a safe lynch for town, so if you want to lynch me today and then refocus your strategy on iLTS day 3, that works for me. Though personally, I believe iLTS is the miller. "

If we're lynching you today, why should we follow through with your suggestion and refocus on iLTS the next day? And the added belief that iLTS looks me to like trying to persuade me not to investigate iLTS.

ChopBam
Null. Would need to see more. I understand his issue with tunnel-vision now, being on the receiving end.

TheIrishman
Leaning Town. Despite our disapproval of the plan, it was still a plan proposed to help our efforts. I'm still of the belief as well that he as Scum wouldn't be so bold as to fish for a mass claim. iLTS' words come to mind as I say that, but I'm sticking with my read on Irish.

Anyone trying to get a lynch d1 better have a damn good suspicion or is maf. That's why I first suspicion was on iLTS. 

I was on FRAYDO for scum as well, but the long analysis of his thought on everyone has me convinced he's town. Only town do that kind of observation, plus I agree with most of what he's trying to say.

Mojoman - "I'm a safe lynch" wth does that even mean? That just screams super weird to me, but definitely not necessarily mafia. Are you sure there isn't a fool in this setup?

Other people are like meh - with the cat5 and chop being probably town.

7s0IR1hP_400x400.jpg

@Shade939, why did you push for a lynch D1? Also, why don't you try specifying the flaws you claim you see? You've complained multiple times but have never specified why you are against it.

7s0IR1hP_400x400.jpg

@iLikeToSnipe, you haven't voiced an opposition to my plan, but have also not contributed. Why?

7s0IR1hP_400x400.jpg

@Mojoman, you decided to make a joke about it but have also not voiced opposition or contributed. Why?

7s0IR1hP_400x400.jpg

@TheIrishman, you came up with a strategy to make the power roles claim and then altered the plan midstream for reasons that are unexplained to something else entirely. Why are you so focused on baiting the power roles into claiming?

52 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

7s0IR1hP_400x400.jpg

@TheIrishman, you came up with a strategy to make the power roles claim and then altered the plan midstream for reasons that are unexplained to something else entirely. Why are you so focused on baiting the power roles into claiming?

I didn't alter the plan midstream, I came up with a different plan since the first one was unanimously rejected. And the second plan only puts the cop at risk but for our overall benefit since we need to lynch scum or prevent a NK by the end of Day 3. I've already explained my plan, but I'll say it again: The doctor really only has one person he has to protect and that's the cop, the oracle is supposed to die and the miller serves to confuse us. There's only 2 ways my plan can backfire, #1 Orange was the Cop so Scum could just take that claim or #2 Scum counterclaim and we have that 50% chance of lynching the wrong person, but even then we won't lose Day 3 since we'd get a guaranteed lynch on Scum.

Having the cop claim doesn't necessarily help us get to victory. Because we don't know the role that was killed, even an uncontested cop claim could actually be a mafia player.

My strategy is to ensure the cop's reports aren't lost to time if they get killed.

Your strategy places heavy reliance on a cop that we don't know for sure is alive, and can't trust if one is claimed. You would be better off trying to actually play mafia then try to come up with mathematical solutions that involve coinflips as the basis of the strategy.

@Category 5 Hurricane I haven't really voiced opposition to the plans since it would just be redundant. Other players have opposed these plans for either the same or similar reasons that I would.

@FRAYDO Your actions have stood out to me as pretty scummy (something like 60% likely you're scum). Nobody else so far seems as scummy to me as you do. As for who I find suspicious, I'm kind of suspicious of Mojo, his post content feels slightly off compared to how he normally posts and he's not posting as much as he usually does. So, slight scum read on him.

Cat5's memeing is a newish trend, but it's not inherently scummy. Just a little wary of him right now. His plan has some pros and cons, but I thought the cons outweighed it. Especially if the mafia did get lucky and janitored the cop. Also

I'm also watching Inferno. Would like to see more content out of him, but I don't know his meta so it's mostly a neutral read for now.

Also, looks like Mojo was suggesting I could be the miller. As far as I know, I'm not. Some mods have the miller as a hidden role, others don't. So if it's not a hidden role I'm definitely not the miller.

1 hour ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Also, looks like Mojo was suggesting I could be the miller. As far as I know, I'm not. Some mods have the miller as a hidden role, others don't. So if it's not a hidden role I'm definitely not the miller.

I'd assume it wouldn't be hidden with our open setup.

5 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

@Category 5 Hurricane I haven't really voiced opposition to the plans since it would just be redundant. Other players have opposed these plans for either the same or similar reasons that I would.

Which players and what reasons are those? Only 4 players have not followed the plan, and 3 of those have not specified why. TheIrishman has his own plan he wants to follow, and Shade is complaining about unspecified flaws. Mojoman hasn't even attempted to explain yet or even officially taken a position either way, he just hasn't participated. So who's reasoning are you following?

Are you getting my plan and TheIrishman's plan crossed up? Because I don't see how everyone claiming a cop report has any negatives when the cop is the one who was already killed. I actually think there is a big positive there, because it will reduce the effectiveness of any fake guilty claim the mafia might try to come up with.

9 hours ago, Inferno said:

Anyone trying to get a lynch d1 better have a damn good suspicion or is maf. That's why I first suspicion was on iLTS. 

A day one lynch always provides information. Beyond the alignment of the eliminated player, we can look at the voting patterns and compare them with those found later in the game. It's not the first time we nailed scum that way. I don't get why people are turning away from the day one lynch these days. D:
(Although, honestly, I'm more worried about the potential of never being able to D1 lynch Voe again.)

9 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

7s0IR1hP_400x400.jpg

TOyPV4A.jpg

5 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Cat5's memeing is a newish trend, but it's not inherently scummy. Just a little wary of him right now. His plan has some pros and cons, but I thought the cons outweighed it. Especially if the mafia did get lucky and janitored the cop. Also

Why would the cons outweigh the pros of the plan? 

CVC:

Shade939 voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
Inferno voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted nobody 

FRAYDO has the majority. (1 vote)

Time Left: 4h

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

##vote iLikeToSnipe

Vote counted.

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted iLikeToSnipe
Shade939 voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
Inferno voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted nobody 

Majority is tied between FRAYDO and iLikeToSnipe (1 vote each).

Time Left: 3h 36m

@Category 5 Hurricane I did get some players mixed up between your plan and Irish's. My major concern with the plan is the possibility that Orange was the cop. Using the janitor on N1 muddies the water quite a bit, and if Orange let slip a tell that he was a power role the mafia have a 1 in 3 chance of getting the cop. So, if Orange was the cop, then there's nobody stopping scum from "serious claiming" that they're the cop in a LYLO situation. On top of that, I feel like it's just going to make discussion even worse. Instead of just starting cases based on suspicion and facts, some players might start them just because they feel that somebody is scum. I'm not saying that it's a terrible plan, I just don't think it's the best option right now.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

##vote iLikeToSnipe

So, are your reasons for the vote simply pushing for a lynch on D1 for a suspicious player and not agreeing with your plan?

You opened today by saying that you thought that OrangeP47 didn't have a power role. Now you suddenly have reservations that OrangeP47 was the cop afterall?

No, I've got more reasons than that. First of all, there's the appearance of a link between you and Mojoman. You both have said things that are beneficial to each other, such as Mojoman calling you the Miller and 

Here, actually, I'm going to switch tactics.

I'm very short on time this game and looking ahead I'm going to have even less over the next few days. I'm going to take this opportunity to use my role and exit the game.

If you want to know FRAYDO's role, lynch me now. I'm the Oracle. I have reasonably high confidence that he will be town. He's a pivotal player either way as it'll either help or hinder iLTS's argument, and it's a safe time to do this right now, so let's just do it.

##vote Category5

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

##vote Category5

Vote counted.

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted Category 5 Hurricane
Shade939 voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
Inferno voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted nobody 

Majority is tied between FRAYDO and Category 5 Hurricane (1 vote each).

Time Left: 3h 16m

On 5/15/2018 at 5:37 PM, iLikeToSnipe said:

Huh, didn't expect a janitor so early. Also didn't get a power role read off of Orange.

I didn't get a read off of Orange. Doesn't mean mafia didn't. Either I'm missing something or this is a scumbag gambit.

Also, you trying to tie me to Mojo doesn't make sense. After Shade made a more compelling case, I was willing to switch off of FRAYDO to Mojo so that we wouldn't waste D1 with a nolynch. If I was scum what reason would I have for that? If we're scum buddies, that's just dumb. Also, a nolynch on D1 has more benefits for scum than for town.