[GAME OVER] Open Janitorial Mafia

Jeod

6 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I see it as a gambit. If somebody claims town power role they're probably not going to be lynched. I have done something similar in a past game, and it worked.

Who worked with me on said gambit? The person led the train against what I asked for was YOU.

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Who worked with me on said gambit? The person led the train against what I asked for was YOU.

Uhhhh... you started that gambit after I started a case against FRAYDO. Why would I switch when I had legit reasons to believe that FRAYDO was scum and you were town?

@Category 5 Hurricane If you're really town, I'd appreciate it if you respond to as much as you can in my previous post.

https://w3dhub.com/forum/topic/416874-day-three-open-janitorial-mafia/?do=findComment&comment=658135

I've looking through everything so far, and I think I can see a few patterns. Your responses will be key.

4 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

With the janitor role, mafia will typically know the role of the player they killed. This allows them to safely claim a power role if they get a power role. Their chances of getting the cop is 1 out of 7. Their chances of getting a power role is 3 out of 7. If they get a read on somebody that makes them think they're a power role then mafia should jump on that. That's why I was surprised at Orange being janitored. I didn't think he was a power role and I commented that mafia must have seen something that I missed.

9 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Here's the start of Cat5's "case" against me. He starts off by claiming that the actions from the janitor indicate that a mafia veteran must be on the mafia team. He then says that myself and Mojoman, who happen to be mafia veterans, also happen to be his top suspects from D1. It takes about 8 hours for Cat5 to actually expand on any suspicions where claims that we're linked together. However, the only person that Mojo insinuated was miller on D1 was Irishman. On D1, neither of us really had anything to do with each other. In fact, I tried to push a Mojo lynch so that we wouldn't no lynch on D1.

So, back to the claim that a mafia veteran must be on the mafia team. If that's true, then it isn't me. I've never played this type of mafia setup before and I've never played on Mafia Universe; and the impression I get from everybody else is that MU obsesses over meta, optimal strategy, etc. That's just not how I play the game. I don't make scum gambits on N1 (or N0, because I've never played in a game with an N0). I gather information first; either I'm town and looking for scum or I'm scum and looking for power roles. If I have an ability to hide somebody's role I'm not going to use it on a 1 out of 7 chance. To me, that's a dumb play. Yes, you could get lucky, but you're likely not to.

Let's take these two responses in contrast to each other. In the first, iLTS explains how the janitor works in saying that they learn the role they killed. That's news to me! I don't recall ever seeing a janitor that did that in any games we've ran here (and there wasn't a janitor in the one game at Mafia Universe that I participated in). He then explains in pretty good detail what scum should be looking for. However, what I have seen is a janitor role that was used by iLTS in a game previously on this website, and he used it on N1.

In the second response, he's talking about how he's never played this type of mafia game before. He also claims to not be too obsessive over the meta, yet, he certainly appears to know what the meta is.

##vote nolynch

Please don't be like FRAYDO and actually defend yourself.

The only experience I can recall with a janitor is that they know the role of the player they kill. If that's not typically the case I wouldn't know. Also, could you clarify your last point? It's kind of vague.

6 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Uhhhh... you started that gambit after I started a case against FRAYDO. Why would I switch when I had legit reasons to believe that FRAYDO was scum and you were town?

I know why you didn't switch, and it's because you were trying to prevent a situation where FRAYDO was clear. My objective was to mark a player as clear town, and YOU MOVED TO AVOID THIS.

If you were town and believed me, you should have followed my orders. Following my plan would have cleared FRAYDO and forced scum to deal with that tactical disadvantage. You did not want this to happen and convinced others to switch to FRAYDO which is clearly not what we should have done in that position.

13 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

##vote NoLynch

@TheIrishman @Nodlied make sure you get votes in.

Vote on what? I'm more and more inclinded to see iLTS as scum. But considering we appear to go no-lynch, should I really follow my guts?

5 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

You keep rambling on about a likely gambit. I personally don't see a reason why it should be a gambit. Why the living shit would a scum player go for an oracle claim? Testing the claim would even come with a positive for us as we'll have a player confirmed. It's very dangerous and I don't see Cat5 pull off such a gambit, especially not when he indicated not to have time for the game (although that changed). It's almost as if he went for a ''meh, kill me and have a gift'' direction, which is a far more town than scum thing to do. I went after Irish because Irish went ahead with testing the oracle claim. Like you, I don't like lynching town when we can lynch scum, which is my exact same thought right now. 

It was seriously a no-lose situation for town. I'm telling the truth and get lynched and FRAYDO is revealed regardless of what his alignment is. I'm lying and I get lynched, well gee, that sucks for scum doesn't it. I should have been lynched NO MATTER WHAT! You know this and you moved to avoid it!

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

##vote nolynch

Please don't be like FRAYDO and actually defend yourself.

The only experience I can recall with a janitor is that they know the role of the player they kill. If that's not typically the case I wouldn't know. Also, could you clarify your last point? It's kind of vague.

Yeah no. Don't try to save yourself.

##Vote iLikeToSnipe

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I know why you didn't switch, and it's because you were trying to prevent a situation where FRAYDO was clear. My objective was to mark a player as clear town, and YOU MOVED TO AVOID THIS.

If you were town and believed me, you should have followed my orders. Following my plan would have cleared FRAYDO and forced scum to deal with that tactical disadvantage. You did not want this to happen and convinced others to switch to FRAYDO which is clearly not what we should have done in that position.

What tactical disadvantage? Town losing a power role? If you really are town, at best you were willing to sacrifice yourself for an unknown player. Yes, if you really are the oracle we would have known what alignment FRAYDO was when you died. But before you died, we couldn't have known. It's kind of weird that you were so sure about his alignment.

One thing you keep on refusing to do is actually go back and try to argue against the points I made against FRAYDO. Seriously, what made you sure he was town before he flipped?

It was seriously a no-lose situation for town. I'm telling the truth and get lynched and FRAYDO is revealed regardless of what his alignment is. I'm lying and I get lynched, well gee, that sucks for scum doesn't it. I should have been lynched NO MATTER WHAT! You know this and you moved to avoid it!

I don't lynching town, which is why I was (and still am) deadset against it. You pretty much confirmed your own alignment with that move. 

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

What tactical disadvantage? Town losing a power role? If you really are town, at best you were willing to sacrifice yourself for an unknown player. Yes, if you really are the oracle we would have known what alignment FRAYDO was when you died. But before you died, we couldn't have known. It's kind of weird that you were so sure about his alignment.

One thing you keep on refusing to do is actually go back and try to argue against the points I made against FRAYDO. Seriously, what made you sure he was town before he flipped?

The tactical disavantage of having a clear town player who would absolutely be the target for the doc and therefore would be unassailable for the remainder of the game unless you can find the doc first! That obvious disadvantage!

How am I doing that with no votes cast on me after I already said that I was going to no lynch?

You didn't need to vote no-lynch as you were already pretty much safe. (Beyond that, I didn't have enough time to pay a good look at the CVC, sorry about that!)

Regarding FRAYDO, the reason why I was pretty sure he was town was because he was pretty much making all the arguments I was going to make. He even correctly translated my D1 shitpost with such precision that I simply couldn't believe it. I even had the same negative reaction to Nodlied that you disliked FRAYDO for. That told me he had the same mindset. If he's got the same mindset, he probably has the same alignment. I also thought that his sudden switch on Nodlied with his D2 "report" meant that he was the cop, because I didn't see why he would switch suspicions so quickly.

3 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Vote on what? I'm more and more inclinded to see iLTS as scum. But considering we appear to go no-lynch, should I really follow my guts?

You keep rambling on about a likely gambit. I personally don't see a reason why it should be a gambit. Why the living shit would a scum player go for an oracle claim? Testing the claim would even come with a positive for us as we'll have a player confirmed. It's very dangerous and I don't see Cat5 pull off such a gambit, especially not when he indicated not to have time for the game (although that changed). It's almost as if he went for a ''meh, kill me and have a gift'' direction, which is a far more town than scum thing to do. I went after Irish because Irish went ahead with testing the oracle claim. Like you, I don't like lynching town when we can lynch scum, which is my exact same thought right now. 

Again, I didn't think it was a gambit at all yesterday; I was convinced that Cat5 was town as well. What changed my mind was him trying to force a case against myself, Mojo, and Shade as a scum team without any reasoning. Go back and read through the post I made. Cat5 has made accusations all game, he hasn't backed up any of them with any reasoning or evidence.

Just look at his behavior. I make this huge post about how he's acting scummy and he doesn't respond to any of it to defend himself. He only takes two things I said and tries to lamely spin it against me.

He even correctly translated my D1 shitpost with such precision that I simply couldn't believe it. I even had the same negative reaction to Nodlied that you disliked FRAYDO for. 

To be fair, that shitpost was pure heresy. My ears and eyse are still recovering from that horror straight out off the domain of lawlessness. :v

Again, I didn't think it was a gambit at all yesterday; I was convinced that Cat5 was town as well. What changed my mind was him trying to force a case against myself, Mojo, and Shade as a scum team without any reasoning. Go back and read through the post I made. Cat5 has made accusations all game, he hasn't backed up any of them with any reasoning or evidence.

Just look at his behavior. I make this huge post about how he's acting scummy and he doesn't respond to any of it to defend himself. He only takes two things I said and tries to lamely spin it against me.

I don't have the time for that, not with only 8 minutes left on the clock.

Regarding FRAYDO, the reason why I was pretty sure he was town was because he was pretty much making all the arguments I was going to make. He even correctly translated my D1 shitpost with such precision that I simply couldn't believe it. I even had the same negative reaction to Nodlied that you disliked FRAYDO for. That told me he had the same mindset. If he's got the same mindset, he probably has the same alignment. I also thought that his sudden switch on Nodlied with his D2 "report" meant that he was the cop, because I didn't see why he would switch suspicions so quickly.

And why couldn't you have said half of that yesterday in his defense? I don't recall seeing any of that, all you did was make several posts about sacrificing yourself to clear him. How am I not supposed to see that as scummy?

3 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

I don't lynching town, which is why I was (and still am) deadset against it. You pretty much confirmed your own alignment with that move. 

I understand that, but it would have been better for us either way. If FRAYDO gets reported as town, we have a clear guy to drive discussion and cause scum serious headaches. He's scum, and hey, we got the first scum lynch the next day.

Sure, it would have been better to get NK'd and have the report come up instead.......which reminds me.

ORANGEP47 IS NOT THE ORACLE! WE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A REPORT FROM HIM!

Just now, Nodlied said:

I don't have the time for that, not with only 8 minutes left on the clock.

Well, make time for it tonight. It's still relevant after a nolynch. I feel like I'm the only town member putting effort in to seriously scum hunt.

Beyond that, why would Cat5 going after you suddenly make Cat5 scum? It may look a bit suspicious, but your attack feels a bit counter-offensive, which is something that scum tends to do.

I understand that, but it would have been better for us either way. If FRAYDO gets reported as town, we have a clear guy to drive discussion and cause scum serious headaches. He's scum, and hey, we got the first scum lynch the next day.

Sure, it would have been better to get NK'd and have the report come up instead.......which reminds me.

ORANGEP47 IS NOT THE ORACLE! WE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A REPORT FROM HIM!

False.

On 5/9/2018 at 6:53 PM, Jeod said:
  • Oracle (1)
    • The oracle is a town power role with the ability to target a player each night to be mod-revealed if the oracle dies. The oracle will only reveal their previous night target. The ability does not stack.

I thought about that, but the role says "previous night target". There was no previous night target on N1.

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

##vote no lynch

10 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

##vote nolynch

9 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

##Vote No Lynch

6 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

##Vote iLikeToSnipe

Votes counted.

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
Shade939 voted NoLynch
iLikeToSnipe voted NoLynch
Nodlied voted ILikeToSnipe
Inferno voted NoLynch
Mojoman voted nobody
ChopBam voted NoLynch
TheIrishMan voted nobody

NoLynch has the majority. (4 votes)

Time Left: 4m

And why couldn't you have said half of that yesterday in his defense? I don't recall seeing any of that, all you did was make several posts about sacrificing yourself to clear him. How am I not supposed to see that as scummy?

I could have, but instead I needed to leave for work. The fact that I didn't have time to even type out my case that FRAYDO was town and you were not before I had to leave for work is why I chose to go for that alternate plan instead. I wanted to ensure we got something good out of that lynch.