[GAME OVER] Open Janitorial Mafia

Jeod

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I understand that, but it would have been better for us either way. If FRAYDO gets reported as town, we have a clear guy to drive discussion and cause scum serious headaches. He's scum, and hey, we got the first scum lynch the next day.

Sure, it would have been better to get NK'd and have the report come up instead.......which reminds me.

ORANGEP47 IS NOT THE ORACLE! WE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A REPORT FROM HIM!

Unless Fraydo ended up being the miller. (Which he thankfully wasn't.) It wasn't a guaranteed positive for us.

Just now, Nodlied said:

Beyond that, why would Cat5 going after you suddenly make Cat5 scum? It may look a bit suspicious, but your attack feels a bit counter-offensive, which is something that scum tends to do.

I don't care about Cat5 going after me alone, that's fine. What stands out to me is his claim for who the scum team is. Again, it feels like he just threw something together.

Isn't "counter-offensive" something Cat5 has been doing?

I'm on mobile right now so I'll keep it short. The problem with Cat5 being scum is that the only player that's died that could've been a power role is Orange. His logic is a bit flawed but lying about outside activities is generally frowned upon and is borderline rule breaking from what I've learned. And didn't I already vote? If not

##vote No Lynch

Just now, TheIrishman said:

##vote No Lynch

Votes counted.

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
Shade939 voted NoLynch
iLikeToSnipe voted NoLynch
Nodlied voted ILikeToSnipe
Inferno voted NoLynch
Mojoman voted nobody
ChopBam voted NoLynch
TheIrishMan voted NoLynch

NoLynch has the majority. (5 votes)

Time Left: 2m

4 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Well, make time for it tonight. It's still relevant after a nolynch. I feel like I'm the only town member putting effort in to seriously scum hunt.

I'll take a look at it once I get home tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Oh? Can you show me where that ability is with the role descriptions?

This setup is normally night start. Without confirming anything, you can expect some slight modifications to roles.

@Nodlied When it comes to being "counter-offensive", I think you'd have a point if all I was doing was attacking. But I'm not, I'm defending myself as best I can for every point made against me while trying to also scum hunt. You can't say the same for Cat5. He'll make an attack against somebody or some group and then once the flaws are pointed out he just drops it and makes another attack.

Let's say Cat5 made a scum gambit by claiming oracle and starting a suicide lynch. Why would he do that? Well, if he pulled it off (which he has if he's scum) he'd have a lot of trust from town; again, he had my complete trust until the beginning of this day. As other players have agreed with me (namely Nodlied and Chopbam), we shouldn't be lynching town power roles. If Cat5 knows who town is and can get one of his scum buddies in on it, he has a pretty good chance of eliminating or reducing the likelihood of getting lynched. It's not that big of a risk that he'll actually be lynched. The biggest risk is from a counter claim. However, if scum knows that they got the oracle it's not a risk at all and actually makes this a very effective scum gambit.

That's a whole lot of ifs, which is why I didn't even consider it until after reading through all of Cat5's posts. The only town thing I can find about him is the role claim. That's it. His scum hunting hasn't been townish. He didn't actually do anything to defend FRAYDO. I can't think of anything he's actually done to indicate he's town. Normally that's a null read for me, but I've already made a post showing the scummy stuff he's done.

So, I've got one big thing Cat5 did that seems like a town thing to do. But there's a whole lot of scummy stuff he's done. I'm just trying to reconcile one with the other. Does anybody else have any feedback? @Inferno@TheIrishman, and @Shade939 have been awfully quiet.

For who could be scum team, the only players I can really find anything on that's actually scummy and not just suspicious are Cat5 and Mojoman. I'm not sure if both are scum, but they're my top two suspects. Mojoman seems to be trying too hard to be randomlol and it's rubbing me the wrong way. I'm also suspicious of Inferno; it looks like he's trying to not be associated with anybody, but he's too inactive to know for sure.

5 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

For who could be scum team, the only players I can really find anything on that's actually scummy and not just suspicious are Cat5 and Mojoman. I'm not sure if both are scum, but they're my top two suspects. Mojoman seems to be trying too hard to be randomlol and it's rubbing me the wrong way. I'm also suspicious of Inferno; it looks like he's trying to not be associated with anybody, but he's too inactive to know for sure.

I really don't have a choice. If I put myself out there, I'm gonna get lynched more than likely. I've had suspicion on me since D1 for interactions with you, I was involved in the push the lynch now-confirmed town FRAYDO. I've been a suspect in every single combination of scum team.

The only thing I've said of value since D1 is that I'm a safe lynch. I've had no night actions reported to be done to me. Frankly, if I try to push on anyone, scum can easily play me into any team or place they want.

Inexcusable logic 1: Why would the janitor not know what role they cleaned up? That prevents scum from executing any sort of strategy.

Inexcusable logic 2: I really shouldn't confirm this, but the stupidity is too much. Why wouldn't the oracle reveal anyone if they were killed N1? It's not like scum have any roleblockers that invalidate the oracle's N1 choice.

Hope that puts some things to rest. Stop giving me and the dead doc aneurysms.

On 5/9/2018 at 5:53 PM, Jeod said:
  • Oracle (1)
    • The oracle is a town power role with the ability to target a player each night to be mod-revealed if the oracle dies. The oracle will only reveal their previous night target. The ability does not stack.
  • Janitor (1)
    • The janitor is a mafia power role with a one-time ability to hide the role of the nightkill. The killed player will not be revealed for the duration of the game.

@Jeod, so the Janitor's ability doesn't override the Oracle's then? That seems a bit unbalanced when if the Janitor targeted the Oracle the NK was basically wasted and two players alignment and roles were both revealed.

32 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

@Jeod, so the Janitor's ability doesn't override the Oracle's then? That seems a bit unbalanced when if the Janitor targeted the Oracle the NK was basically wasted and two players alignment and roles were both revealed.

No, no. The janitor is a role hider, not a roleblocker. If the janitor cleans the oracle at night, but the oracle has targeted another player, the targeted player will be mod-revealed. Balance on the subject can be debated, certainly. Remember that this is the first time I've hosted or played this setup on a forum rather than an irc chatroom. The testing process is straightforward, really: translate the vanilla setup as much as possible and tweak based on feedback after the game.

With Jeod's clarification on role mechanics, I think it's safe to say that Cat5 is town. Nobody has counter-claimed oracle and I highly doubt that scum would get so lucky that they janitor Orange as the oracle and he forgets to target somebody N1. So, with no player revealed from Orange's death, he couldn't have been the oracle.

Cat5, myself, and Mojo seem to be the most active players right now (by a wide margin). I would think that at least one mafia member would be active in the game. With Cat5 confirmed town, that's down to me and Mojo. If you look at the content of our posts, I've been scumhunting and Mojo has been lolrandom. I think there's a very good chance that Mojo is scum.

As for finding the rest of the scum team, I'm not too sure. Not that great at figuring out which inactives are scum and which are town.

Spoiler

You're still acting scummy Cat5 :colbert:

Going to make a last-minute comment on this. Be careful of ChopBam. I'm seeing an angle where I could easily take out Mojoman from my scum team and put ChopBam in his place. His guilty claim on Mojoman didn't fit my expectations. (If iLTS and Mojoman are scum, one of them would have been targeted by the Lawyer, and I expected Mojoman to be the target. I also expected iLTS to be the natural target for the cop, not Mojoman)

DAY FOUR

Wakey wakey eggs and bakey! ChopBam is dead! He was the doctor!

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
Shade939 voted nobody
iLikeToSnipe voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
Inferno voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted nobody

Time Left: 48h

IF YOU DON'T GET A SCUM TODAY, THE GAME IS OVER!

That actually bothers me much more than it should. I should be going "Welp, that means I only have three suspects, and isn't that great?!" but I'm actually quite concerned that I have one suspect wrong, and the one that is wrong would be Mojoman. Going to have to really start digging into this game after I'm back from band practice later tonight.

ChopBam probably knew the previous target was Nodlied and questioned me why I was so sure, so Nodlied should be clear as well. It might be his questioning that got him killed, though my previous scenario also suggested that only him, Nodlied and TheIrishman were likely targets anyway, so it might have been just down to the scum team switching targets and the ChopBam guessing wrong. Or maybe it was the cop report, which may have been accurate even if faked.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

ChopBam probably knew the previous target was Nodlied and questioned me why I was so sure, so Nodlied should be clear as well. It might be his questioning that got him killed, though my previous scenario also suggested that only him, Nodlied and TheIrishman were likely targets anyway, so it might have been just down to the scum team switching targets and the ChopBam guessing wrong. Or maybe it was the cop report, which may have been accurate even if faked.

On mobile so it's harder for me to search. What were ChopBam's cop claims? Might be who he targeted.