CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted Shade939
Shade939 voted nobody
iLikeToSnipe voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
Inferno voted iLikeToSnipe
Mojoman voted iLikeToSnipe
TheIrishMan voted nobody

iLikeToSnipe has the majority for the lynch. (2 votes)

Time Left: 2h 31m

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

Vote counted.

CVC:

Shade939 voted nobody
iLikeToSnipe voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted nobody

iLikeToSnipe has the majority for the lynch. (2 votes)

Time Left: 2h 31m

Dammit, wasn't quick enough. :p

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I have to commit to a vote now as I'm leaving for work.

While I still have iLTS as my top scum suspect, the possibility that Inferno is scum actually makes me less certain about iLTS than I am Shade, so I'm going with Shade even though he's my #2 suspect. I think this'll be the safer option as I cannot come up with a realistic scum team that does not have Shade on it.

##vote Shade939

Well, I could see Mojo being scum due to his D1 and D2 behavior. On D1 he was supporting Irish and hasn't really done anything against him. Inferno has also supported Irish by claiming that he's town. I could see a Mojo, Irish, Inferno scum team.

I think Shade is suspicious but I don't know if I'm comfortable voting him just yet.

Right then, I only have a few minutes before I head to bed again. ¶_¶ So my list probably isn't as detailed as it can be. (Can't wait to be done with uni so that I'll actually have regular schedule instead of things popping up all the time.)

Cat5: Pretty much guaranteed to be town. There's no reason to fake claim Oracle. His manner of play has aided us to where we are as well. 

Shade: As obnoxious as always. And, to be fair, he hasn't really been that useful. Potential scum right here.

iLTS: Bastard that has been on everybody's scumdar for the entire game. If Inferno is a scumbag, then iLTS might be cleared. However, it has taken a long time for iLTS to contribute to the right place. Most of the reasons as to why he's likely scum have been given already.

Inferno: Comes up with a cop claim this late into the game. The true question is how much we believe him. If he's fake then it's likely that iLTS is innocent. If he's correct, then we'll finally nail the one that has been getting away from his fate this entire time. And thinking about it, unless the cop was killed during night one, he's likely to be the cop, and a safe one at that due to the lack of possible counterclaims (the ones that wouldn't be suicide that is).

Mojoman: To be fair, he's been posting more than I had thought, but pretty much none of it has stuck with me. He's been mostly echoing what others have said (which has been said by others ¬_¬) and it took a while for me to realise that he's been an active player. Potential scum.

TheIrishMan: I thought that he was scum at first for the reasons specified on D2 (me nagging him for actually following Cat5's wishes) but Cat5's response to that has removed that suspicion. Has been trying to contribute the best he can since then.

Well then, time to put them in order from scum to not-scum.

iLTS - Shade/Mojoman - Inferno - TheIrishMan - Cat5

I put Inferno in the middle on a ''null'' read. While the odds are agains the cop dying N1 we shouldn't rule it out and should he lie about all of this, my entire table will need a rethink if we're even able to do that.

36 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I think Shade is suspicious but I don't know if I'm comfortable voting him just yet.

Why not?

I'm pulling out from voting just yet as I'll be here for another 15 minutes or so to observe further developments.

Just now, Nodlied said:

Why not?

I'm pulling out from voting just yet as I'll be here for another 15 minutes or so to observe further developments.

As I've stated before, I don't think Mojo and Shade are both scum due to their interactions. Additionally, I think Mojo is more likely to be scum than Shade (for reasons I've listed earlier). So, since I don't think Mojo and Shade are both scum and I think Mojo is more likely to be scum I'm not entirely comfortable with a Shade vote during LYLO.

3 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

As I've stated before, I don't think Mojo and Shade are both scum due to their interactions. Additionally, I think Mojo is more likely to be scum than Shade (for reasons I've listed earlier). So, since I don't think Mojo and Shade are both scum and I think Mojo is more likely to be scum I'm not entirely comfortable with a Shade vote during LYLO.

That's enough evidence for me. You're unwillingness to vote a likely fellow scum player says enough.

##Vote iLTS

2 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Nodlied, we need to vote Shade otherwise Scum can tie the vote or even potentially outvote us..

##vote Shade

I've made up my mind and I'm sticking with my guns. Take the veteran out of the equation and it'll be a lot easier to nail down the final remaining scum member.

3 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

It's basically you, Shade, or Inferno on the chopping block, but Cat5 has forced our hand. If we don't all vote the same person, Scum could either outvote us last minute or RNG that victory.

My main concern, Nodlied, is that Mojo is already voting iLTS, his potential scumbuddy. Unless he's planning a last minute switch, he's sending his teammate to his death. If the Scum team is instead Inferno, Shade, and Mojo, then with your vote, we'll lose.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

It's basically you, Shade, or Inferno on the chopping block, but Cat5 has forced our hand. If we don't all vote the same person, Scum could either outvote us last minute or RNG that victory.

My main concern, Nodlied, is that Mojo is already voting iLTS, his potential scumbuddy. Unless he's planning a last minute switch, he's sending his teammate to his death. If the Scum team is instead Inferno, Shade, and Mojo, then with your vote, we'll lose.

Now somebody is starting to speak some sense...

@Nodlied It's LYLO, and if you're wrong (which you are), we lose.

26 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

##vote Shade

19 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

##Vote iLTS

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

##vote Shade939

Votes counted.

CVC:

Shade939 voted nobody
iLikeToSnipe voted Shade939
Nodlied voted iLikeToSnipe
TheIrishMan voted Shade939

Majority is tied between iLikeToSnipe and Shade939. (3 votes each)

Time Left: 43m

GAME OVER

iLikeToSnipe was the Miller! (No need to flip him as vanilla mafia) Shade939, Inferno, and Nodlied easily dispatch the remaining town and seize their homes. Mafia have won! Postgame GM commentary and awards to follow.

Doc links:

Scumdoc

Deaddoc

Awards

OrangeP47 - So close!

Congrats on finding the lawyer on the first night. Too bad it all ended too soon. With your death, the mafia avoided having to counterclaim, which was a much-discussed part of this setup before the game started. I'm looking forward to the next time this is run to see how the alternative plays out.

ChopBam - Let me just patch this flesh wound...

Good try on doctoring yourself, but I don't understand why you didn't come out and claim doctor with the save to generate more discussion. You could have gotten scum to cc you, which would have taken the game in a different direction.

The Scum - No plan is best plan

You guys sure lucked out at the start, but Shade playing reverse-meta (if that was even your strategy) clinched the game for you on the final day. Congrats on pulling it off!

Killing You - Might as well be the primary GM

Mad props to KY for an outstanding job with co-moderating. We had the data sheet and a role PM format doc to coordinate and keep things streamlined, but he really knew what to do and when. I think you'll be absolutely fine when you host your game, sir.

Commentary

This setup was initially intended to be run in a 10-minute irc chatroom format. I had no clue what balance issues porting it over to forum format might do, especially since we do daystart here instead of nightstart. In the end the only change I made was to assign a target to the oracle at random, although even that may not be necessary for balance, since if oracle claims mafia could counterclaim and so on.

There was a comment from Shade about the janitor not hiding the oracle's reveal action on death. That's how it's intended, the janitor is not a roleblocker. If you clean the oracle, bad luck. It's part of what makes the setup balanced. It's a blend of luck and skill, which is what makes it fun and different each time it's played!

Just now, Jeod said:

Good try on doctoring yourself, but I don't understand why you didn't come out and claim doctor with the save to generate more discussion. You could have gotten scum to cc you, which would have taken the game in a different direction.

Yeah that's my main regret. I should have claimed Doctor and then kept protecting myself. Just seriously didn't have time to think this last weekend.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Nodlied deserves that win.

Mojo for worst town member again, but he did correctly call out the Miller, so there's that.

He's not a bad townie, really. It's just a different personality we haven't been able to acclimate to. Calling a player "bad" because they struggle with being "obvious town" only demotivates them from playing future games, which Mojo has done before.

Mafia is a game of psychology. Can a player truly be "bad" simply because they think and present their opinions differently?

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Killing You - Might as well be the primary GM

Mad props to KY for an outstanding job with co-moderating. We had the data sheet and a role PM format doc to coordinate and keep things streamlined, but he really knew what to do and when. I think you'll be absolutely fine when you host your game, sir.

Thanks, man! I appreciate it.

3 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Mojo for worst town member again, but he did correctly call out the Miller, so there's that.

Somehow. Talk about taking a shot in the dark and hitting bullseye. 

As for my thoughts on the setup, I think it's fine. Scum pretty much lucked out with hitting the Cop N1, which offered them a little bit of control over the discussion. It also forced town to rely on no investigative actions at all, which did help, but by the time they started to put the puzzle together it was too late.