[GAME OVER] Open Janitorial Mafia

Jeod

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Ooooo Shade you little.... I had my report on you N1 and was so looking forward to nailing you... *shakes fist*

Considering I was attempting to bait the cop out into revealing himself. :v

But I'd probably call this the best chain of events in the game. ? You couldn't ask for better timing.

On 5/21/2018 at 4:54 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Going to make a last-minute comment on this. Be careful of ChopBam. I'm seeing an angle where I could easily take out Mojoman from my scum team and put ChopBam in his place. His guilty claim on Mojoman didn't fit my expectations. (If iLTS and Mojoman are scum, one of them would have been targeted by the Lawyer, and I expected Mojoman to be the target. I also expected iLTS to be the natural target for the cop, not Mojoman)

On 5/21/2018 at 4:57 PM, Jeod said:

Wakey wakey eggs and bakey! ChopBam is dead! He was the doctor!

On 5/21/2018 at 5:00 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Oh! Well, nevermind that.

To add my little input, I liked the game, didn't appreciate the silent "tactic', and personally find games where I can't perform any actions slightly boring (but that's a personal preference). I was leaning on iLTS over Inferno, but it was mostly Mojo's decision which made me cautious. I did gain a bit more suspicion towards Nodlied for his sudden reversal of opinion towards me, but that alone wouldn't have redirected my attention towards him. I also wish we outed the Doctor then and there since it would've helped "clear" another player, at least in my mind (although he protected himself).

For the setup in general, I feel like it was more advantageous towards Scum. 

7 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

After reading the scum doc, I'm going to go ahead and declare that I don't appreciate the scum team being deliberately "AFK" as a tactic.

I’d probably penalize for it next time around. @TheIrishman would you say the same if scum hadn’t bagged the cop on n1?

Hmm, I see the no-plan paid off, at least until Inferno came up with a cop claim out of the blue, which almost put the entire clean sweep in jeopardy.

12 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

After reading the scum doc, I'm going to go ahead and declare that I don't appreciate the scum team being deliberately "AFK" as a tactic.

Hey! I've been legitimately busy and I did what I could to be active. I did call the other lackies out on it though. I'm pretty sure that it would have been a different game should I have been able to play more.

Also, from the deaddoc

I was thinking of doccing myself again, but was like ''naaaaaaaa they won't try that again.'' Lmao RIP me. - Chopbam

:v 

13 hours ago, Jeod said:

I’d probably penalize for it next time around. @TheIrishman would you say the same if scum hadn’t bagged the cop on n1?

I'm not sure, looking back on it that seems to be the main reason why we were screwed, but it also might've not helped that much depending on his targets. I feel like the game would've been more balanced with a tracker (or watcher) added that way we're not putting all our hopes on one person, but then you'd probably have to change the vanilla Scum to a Framer.

11 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Hmm, I see the no-plan paid off, at least until Inferno came up with a cop claim out of the blue, which almost put the entire clean sweep in jeopardy.

Hey! I've been legitimately busy and I did what I could to be active. I did call the other lackies out on it though. I'm pretty sure that it would have been a different game should I have been able to play more.

Also, from the deaddoc

:v 

Yeah, I don't mean you. I wasn't exactly active myself. I'm talking about the two who were lurking around the thread while pretending they weren't.

3 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

I'm not sure, looking back on it that seems to be the main reason why we were screwed, but it also might've not helped that much depending on his targets. I feel like the game would've been more balanced with a tracker (or watcher) added that way we're not putting all our hopes on one person, but then you'd probably have to change the vanilla Scum to a Framer.

Town could have used a better strategy from the start, though that goes back to my earlier complaints that Town needs to know what to do in order to make the game balanced.

The reverse could also be true, however, if Town players DID know what to do, and Mafia players didn't know the proper response, things could wind up heavily in town's favor, like how scum never counter-claiming me meant I absolutely had to be town, and that contributed to us starting to figure things out.

Edited by Category 5 Hurricane

8 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Town could have used a better strategy from the start, though that goes back to my earlier complaints that Town needs to know what to do in order to make the game balanced.

The reverse could also be true, however, if Town players DID know what to do, and Mafia players didn't know the proper response, things could wind up heavily in town's favor, like how scum never counter-claiming me meant I absolutely had to be town, and that contributed to us starting to figure things out.

Maybe the next time this setup is run things will better, now that everyone here at least knows how it's done.

11 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yeah, I don't mean you. I wasn't exactly active myself. I'm talking about the two who were lurking around the thread while pretending they weren't.

1) I don't see how that's somehow "immoral" or "unfair".

2) I only really did that once, near the end of the game. I was genuinely AFK for a lot of the game.

I wouldn't say purposely being inactive is "bad", it can just be a bit unfair. If most of town is inactive along with scum then town is pretty much left to pick at random. In a game of deduction that can be frustrating for town players.

Also, it's normally not that bad when you have a counter. It's just worse when that counter is killed N1. :v

On 5/25/2018 at 9:03 PM, iLikeToSnipe said:

I wouldn't say purposely being inactive is "bad", it can just be a bit unfair. If most of town is inactive along with scum then town is pretty much left to pick at random. In a game of deduction that can be frustrating for town players.

Also, it's normally not that bad when you have a counter. It's just worse when that counter is killed N1. :v

Fair enough. ;o

On May 25, 2018 at 2:03 PM, iLikeToSnipe said:

Except town did have a counter, it's called asking questions of specific players...