[GAME OVER] Open Janitorial Mafia

Jeod

Just now, Mojoman said:

Terrible because we're losing. If town was winning, it would be an amazing setup!

You know what I mean. In terms of facilitating discussion, balance, etc. But if that was a joke, I'll chuckle.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Normally you'd all be allowed two nightposts, but tonight I'm going to allow 4 because I want to know: how are you liking this open setup thing so far?

I like it so far. It provides for different gameplay than the normal games we have. 

As for today's lynch... ¬_¬

I think balance is really supposed to revolve around the Cop and that role forcing the Mafia to counter claim him when they announce themselves, so it's basically guaranteed the Cop gets at least one Mafia member.

The main problem probably being that Cop needs a report that'll also force the Mafia to counter claim him, and there are a couple of situations where the Cop doesn't have a report worth countering by them.

I like it so far, gives things a nice change of pace and forces you to mostly focus on people's actions.

Speaking of people's actions... If you're town and somebody else is building a case against you, please defend yourself. Don't go all out offense with no defense, that's one of the scummiest things you can do at town. You're not proving anything besides your inability to defend yourself; if you don't have a reason you're willing to share to defend yourself then it usually indicates you had motives hostile to town for doing something.

To be clear, I did come up with my plan today because a combination of work and events going on for the next four days will keep me from doing any of the detective work I would normally be doing. I can't even meme as much as I wanted to. I was going to post as Mythra today, dammit. 

I figured it would be a good idea to use my role, clear FRAYDO, and then I wouldn't have to worry about having enough time to actually make and present cases like I want to. Seemed convenient, but oh well. I will still be playing the game and will not be seeking a replacement.

However, I do not like that you did not lynch me today. That was a tactical failure. We should have wound up with two cleared town today, now we only have one. My role isn't technically cleared now and scum have already tried to place doubt on my claim at the same time as voting for someone else, Mr. iLTS!

Regarding game balance, the game starts out so heavily in favor for the scum that town has to build a preemptive plan before the game even begins to actually have a fighting chance. The Cop didn't do his job, and now we're in really bad position. I don't think this game is as balanced as it appears. It's just been metagamed to that point. Everyone has to know what their job is for it to work.

What we have working in our favor, however, is that I think the scum team is pretty clear. iLTS, Mojoman, and Shade have been quietly but noticeably working in the same directions and always in position to support the other. There are a couple traps that have been set for the scum team to fall in to, as well. We'll just have to see if they can avoid my mines.

3 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Regarding game balance, the game starts out so heavily in favor for the scum that town has to build a preemptive plan before the game even begins to actually have a fighting chance. The Cop didn't do his job, and now we're in really bad position. I don't think this game is as balanced as it appears. It's just been metagamed to that point. Everyone has to know what their job is for it to work.

I can't provide a rebuttal for a comment like this until the post-game, as with most comments about game balance. Like was said a few days ago, the setup is normally run in a irc chat starting at Night 1, so whoever dies the first night doesn't give a shit and joins a new irc game within 5 seconds or so. Choosing between starting the game at Day 1, Night 1, or Night 0 isn't easy and can throw balance off--especially if the cop is given a report on N0. It's something to be tested for sure and could end up working well for all we know. This isn't a one-and-done setup and I will probably run it again in the near future with the different variation.

@Category 5 Hurricane If you're really town, how about you ask a mod for somebody to replace you next time instead of volunteering for suicide? Actually, if you're just a player, town, scum, third party, whatever, how about you ask for a replacement?

There are plenty of good reasons to doubt your role too. If you really wanted to get out of the game and you were the oracle, you should have claimed cop who investigated FRAYDO on N1. That way you'd be able to clear FRAYDO and draw the NK to you. On top of that, you could have directed the lynch onto somebody you were suspicious of (i.e. me). You didn't choose to do that and I know you're a smart player.

Also, your scum team picks show that you haven't been paying attention to the game. I picked FRAYDO on D1 as my main suspect and pushed for his lynch. When it came down to a choice between Mojoman and a nolynch I wouldn't change my vote until Shade convinced me to place a vote on Mojoman with perfectly valid reasons. So, we both voted him and would have lynched him if other players like FRAYDO hadn't jumped onto the nolynch. Yes, you could say "scum gambit", but as scum gambits go that'd be a pretty stupid one.

Finally, if you were so convinced that FRAYDO is town, then I challenge you to defend him. Look at my arguments I made against him and provide a rebuttal or two. It might help to clear you a bit more.

STATE OF THE GAME

Scum have managed to elude the town so far, with one janitored nightkill and one mislynch as of Night 2. If scum make a successful nightkill tonight, they'll have the numbers to match town's votes minus one. Day 3 is all-or-nothing for town, and the odds don't look good at the moment. Here's the voting table for your records.

Player Day 1 Vote Day 2 Vote
OrangeP47 NoLynch  
Category 5 Hurricane NoLynch Category 5
Shade939 Mojoman FRAYDO
iLikeToSnipe Mojoman FRAYDO
Nodlied - TheIrishMan
Inferno - -
Mojoman NoLynch FRAYDO
FRAYDO NoLynch Category 5
ChopBam Mojoman FRAYDO
TheIrishMan NoLynch FRAYDO

DAY 3 BEGINS IN ~8 HOURS

9 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

iLTS, Mojoman, and Shade have been quietly but noticeably working in the same directions and always in position to support the other.

Does this also consider iLTS and Shade's votes for Mojo on D1?

21 hours ago, Shade939 said:

You mean, why did I create a situation where I seemed like a lynch might actually happen D1, but also put myself in position where by simply changing my vote I should also be capable of preventing that same lynch after everyone else had voted? Of course, Irish actually coming out to vote No Lynch widened the gap to the point where I really didn't need to worry about changing my vote anymore. And it really wasn't as helpful as I was hoping it would be considering that at least half of the players here actually voted No Lynch though..

Absolutely. Here's Shade talking about being in position to change his vote if he needed to. He didn't follow NoLynch plans like he usually does, and instead placed a vote on Mojoman, which he says here he was prepared to switch away from.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Absolutely. Here's Shade talking about being in position to change his vote if he needed to. He didn't follow NoLynch plans like he usually does, and instead placed a vote on Mojoman, which he says here he was prepared to switch away from.

Look at the timestamp of your current post, then go look at the timestamp of my post, and notice what time it takes place at...

27 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Kinda annoyed that Jeod has me listed as voting for Mojoman, just because the timestamps are two minutes fast...

Actually, that was partly my fault. I had it on the final CVC, but for some reason neglected to add it to the tracker. Sorry for the confusion.

28 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Kinda annoyed that Jeod has me listed as voting for Mojoman, just because the timestamps are two minutes fast...

KY did the vote log for D1. I had to work. And regarding the timestamps, you know we all go by server time. Set your clock ahead two minutes if you have a problem with it.

Category 5 and Shade, you're both at your 4 post limit. Any more and you'll receive a vote penalty for the next day. You can continue your chicken fight in two hours.

Just a small heads-up. I'll be less active (even less!? Is that even possible!?during the next day (and night) due to being on a familiy holiday and working on my thesis. And yes, that does somehow go well together. Doing fun stuff during the day and doing not so fun stuff during the evening/night. ?

I'll still contribute though during the evenings.

DAY 3Another day, another dollar! Oh, and nobody died last night either! You must not stop now, find and lynch the remaining mafia before it's too late!

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
Shade939 voted nobody
iLikeToSnipe voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
Inferno voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted nobody

Time Left: 48h

/!\WARNING/!\ The game is currently in MYOL (MisLynch Or Lose)! Be careful who you lynch today!

is it myol or mylo? i don't actually know

I always thought it was "LYnch or LOse" (LyLo) and "MislYnch and LOse" (MyLo) since MisLynch Or Lose makes it sound like if we don't mislynch then we lose. Congrats to the doc though.

Anyway, I think we should go with the No Lynch route that way we can gain more information either based on reads or if our cop is still alive. Although someone will most likely die tonight, it'll decrease the suspect pool and therefore increase our chances at getting the correct lynch and put us at LyLo instead.

33 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I agree with a no lynch for once. Unless the cop is going to claim with a guilty read we shouldn't lynch today.

I can see where this might go.

If every player votes nolynch, I will allow an early hammer.

11 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I can see where this might go.

If every player votes nolynch, I will allow an early hammer.

We'll establish an alliance with the mafia. We always nolynch and they don't NK. It'll be never ending mafia! Jeod and Killing_You will never be free!

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

We'll establish an alliance with the mafia. We always nolynch and they don't NK. It'll be never ending mafia! Jeod and Killing_You will never be free!

You do that and I enter the game as a Fool with unlimited vote steal and force you people to vote me for the win. ? 

7 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

After 3 game days of that shit the game ends in a stalemate.