[GAME END] Warhammer 40,000: Indomitus Crusade Mafia

It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants - and worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

Welcome to Warhammer 40k mafia, Indomitus Edition! The last one was a mess only a GM could wish for, this time we'll hopefully see some more traditional mafia action. Balancing is the main thing left for me to do, so a second pair of eyes might be appreciated. Ideally we can get to 12 players, but we should be fine with 10. 

Mechanics that will probably show up include

Scum Choice:

Scum begins the game selecting their roles from a predefined list. 

Items:

Certain roles can distribute or start with items. Items are distributed at the end of night. If a character can distribute multiple items, all are distributed. Every item by default has a ##pass action.

If you would like to know more you want to sign up you should include a regiment/chapter/forge world/order/household/whatever to MAXIMIZE FLAVOR POTENTIAL. Games workshop has a good overview of imperial and chaos factions if you're unfamiliar with the setting.

Signups:

Nodlied - Cadian Shock Troops

Jeod - <Classified>

Shade - Lamenters

Killing You - No subfaction

Irishman - Blood Angels

Cat5 - Sisters of Silence

iLikeToSnipe - No subfaction

FRAYDO - <Classified>

Blujet - Death Korps

PHASE START LINKSDay 1

Night 1

Day 2

Night 2

Day 3

Just now, Shade939 said:

Yep, you can also sign me up!

As far as flavor, I think I'll go with the Lamenters successor chapter of the Blood Angels.

>Lamenters
Oh man, we should tie you with Fraydo for a lynch and watch the universe implode.

I'm guessing the Scum would be Daemons, Necrons, or Orks so...

White Seer, Black Library of Chaos

Path of the Seer (Farseer), Ulthwé

If I must be human, either Chief Librarian of the Blood Ravens or Gray Knights. Maybe Dark Angels if needed.

2 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

I'm guessing the Scum would be Daemons, Necrons, or Orks so...

White Seer, Black Library of Chaos

Path of the Seer (Farseer), Ulthwé

If I must be human, either Chief Librarian of the Blood Ravens or Gray Knights. Maybe Dark Angels if needed.

It's a remake of the first game that was mostly made under the assumption of guard vs traitor guard. This time I'm putting in the effort to think of variations of roles to accommodate non guard factions. So when you ask for a preferred faction, it's mostly to flavor the preset roles (i.e. vanilla guard will be regiment officers and vanilla space marines will be captains). If there are xenos, they'll be third party.

I'm low on free time and don't have interest in Warhammer, but dammit I'll play anyway.

Sisters of Silence NEPGYA

Just please don't give me a stoner for a teammate who causes me to lose almost immediately. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Category 5 Hurricane

7 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm low on free time and don't have interest in Warhammer, but dammit I'll play anyway.

Sisters of Silence NEPGYA

Just please don't give me a stoner for a teammate who causes me to lose almost immediately. Thanks in advance.

Did you just ask to be scum? :v

Also, what's the point of adding subfactions to player signups? Aren't some subfactions so tilted on the morality scale that they would only carry certain alignments?

4 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Also, what's the point of adding subfactions to player signups? Aren't some subfactions so tilted on the morality scale that they would only carry certain alignments?

There are always traitors and heretics and those tainted by Chaos.

All must be purged.

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

It's not unusual to have all factions (even those on the same side!) fighthing one another and to have enemies ally up for a mutual goal.

Anyway, for my flavour,

Officio Prefectus
or
Cadia (the Guard still stands!)

Town is supposed to be an armada of various Imperial factions attempting to invade the world where the first 40k mafia happened (scum victory). Scum is it's chaos defenders. Xenos is going to be limited to 3rd party unless I can find a good angle for them to be town. 

As I said in a PM I did a poor job of explaining the format. Roles are predesigned (generally a normal or based on a normal mafia role), with people choosing what flavor of imperial force they want to represent. Mechanically the faction you choose won't have any effect on your role.

Edited by Retaliation

15 hours ago, Jeod said:

Did you just ask to be scum? :v

No, unless I'm mixing up the games, last time I was in a sort of masonry with some guy who couldn't decide whether to use UPPER or lowercase letters in his name, who was way too high to think properly and did something that caused me to lose straight away. I don't remember what it was exactly.

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

No, unless I'm mixing up the games, last time I was in a sort of masonry with some guy who couldn't decide whether to use UPPER or lowercase letters in his name, who was way too high to think properly and did something that caused me to lose straight away. I don't remember what it was exactly.

Sounds like GrayAsDf or something similar. Only one I can think of.

couldn't decide whether to use UPPER or lowercase letters in his name

way too high to think properly

Wait a second. Does this mean DoMiNaNt_hUnTeR played Mafia at some point?