[GAME END] Warhammer 40,000: Indomitus Crusade Mafia

On 6/12/2018 at 2:08 PM, Jeod said:

Logic dictates that FRAYDO may be a xenos, so I’ll be checking on him tonight if Im not shot.

I'm feeling pretty uneasy about Jeod. He claims to be a Necron allied with us and softclaims some kind of cop role? I don't buy that.

##vote Jeod

Also, I am starting to get suspicious of Cat5. It just feels like he's barely contributing, I feel like Shade has contributed more today in fact. Not enough for me to lynch him or shoot him, but I am wary of him.

9 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Not to attack but rather to comment; a little late for us to do that now with less than two hours to hammer. Good to see you, although I disagree with your vote on iLTS.

What useful night actions do you have to not be lynched today? You seem to be in the lead if the CVC is correct, which it isn't. I have a vote placed on Killing You.

If anything I'm pretty certain I'm the "basic" town role for this game, so I'm not overly concerned with staying alive. Plus it takes some effort to actaully acuse a Space Marine of heresy.

4 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

I can't imagine a Space Marine simply being a "basic" role. I just don't buy that claim.

##vote Shade939

So, that makes this the third time you've changed your vote in the past hour to a completely different player?

1 hour ago, Shade939 said:

Overall though, I'm currently leaning towards a no lynch and hoping that some players night actions will provide us with some useful information tomorrow.

Wasn't it already pointed out how No Lynch won't actually be that beneficial for us because it wouldn't change the day phase of when we'd lose due to us only having 9 people - assuming the Scum team is only two people. The only advantage we gain is putting ourselves at MYLO instead of LYLO for Day 3, but I'm not sure that it's such a great advantage, especially with potential daykills (also looking back to that BS ability Cat5 used in iLTS's game).

Day 1: 9 -> 8 L

Night 1: 8 -> 7 NK

Day 2: 7 -> 6 L

Night 2: 6 -> 5 NK

Day 3: 5 -> 4 LYLO (we lose)

Day 1: 9 -> 9 No Lynch

Night 1: 9 -> 8 NK

Day 2: 8 -> 7 L

Night 2: 7 -> 6 NK

Day 3: 6 -> 5 MYLO

Night 3: 5 -> 4 (we lose)

This assumes no NKs are stopped and we don't manage to lynch any Scum.

55 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'm feeling pretty uneasy about Jeod. He claims to be a Necron allied with us and softclaims some kind of cop role? I don't buy that.

##vote Jeod

Also, I am starting to get suspicious of Cat5. It just feels like he's barely contributing, I feel like Shade has contributed more today in fact. Not enough for me to lynch him or shoot him, but I am wary of him.

I don't believe I softclaimed any sort of role. "Checking" FRAYDO doesn't necessarily mean alignment checking. There are other things town roles can do.

5 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I don't believe I softclaimed any sort of role. "Checking" FRAYDO doesn't necessarily mean alignment checking. There are other things town roles can do.

You softclaimed at least something, which is very unusual for a town player to do that early in D1. Threatening to investigate a player you suspect is scum isn't a move you do early in the game. It's a move you would make later on if you think you know who the cop is and you want to draw the NK to yourself.

2 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

You softclaimed at least something, which is very unusual for a town player to do that early in D1. Threatening to investigate a player you suspect is scum isn't a move you do early in the game. It's a move you would make later on if you think you know who the cop is and you want to draw the NK to yourself.

Well, perhaps you're right about the latter. Consider that.

The roar of a bolter rips through the room and lights up Cat5, followed by the crack of displaced air.

It's all very sudden, but from what you can tell all that happened is Cat5 suddenly moved several meters from where Shade was aiming.

Just now, Retaliation said:

The roar of a bolter rips through the room and lights up Cat5, followed by the crack of displaced air.

It's all very sudden, but from what you can tell all that happened is Cat5 suddenly moved several meters from where Shade was aiming.

I'm not too familiar with psyker abilities in WH40K. Is that heresy?

You come to the conclusion that <NAME REDACTED BY THE INQUISITION> is likely a traitor. As you dispose of his body you uncover message logs within his power armor. Apparently this was all just a unfortunate understanding, and he was loyal to the end. 

Oops.

Shade, the Lamenters Captain (town vanilla) has been killed!

I did give shade a "special" ability though. He could take FRAYDO's place if FRAYDO would die to a tie vote. The Lamenters are possibly the only thing in the galaxy less lucky than FRAYDO after all. Don't look too much into it.

Final CVC

Players Votes
Blujet No Vote
Cat5 Shade
FRAYDO Shade
Irishman No Vote
iLikeToSnipe Jeod
Jeod Shade
Killing You iLTS
Nodlied No Vote
Shade No Lynch

Night 1 ends same time as hammer tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

The Lamenters are possibly the only thing in the galaxy less lucky than FRAYDO after all.

I beg to differ. :v

I guess you were not lying about being vanilla. After that last game ended I do recall reading the dead and scum docs and seeing your comment to Inferno about me being mislynched by Town just about every game. I do appreciate that you had this ability and I wish to have seen it in use for just such an occasion. May the Emperor guide you to peace.

On 6/12/2018 at 2:38 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Besides, Shade needs to die.

So I guess this is effectively checked off of Category's list. With his vendetta settled, perhaps he'll approach D2 with a fresh mind and return to normality. With the flip and noting Shade and Killing You's suspicions of him, I have to wonder if this is going according to Category's plan so far.

5 hours ago, Jeod said:

Well, he had it coming after these past few games. Funny stuff about his relation with FRAYDO though.

I actually kinda feel bad, since I thought about unvoting before leaving for work, but chose not to.

Also, Shade failing to kill me probably means I'm going to be dead pretty quick.

Well, at least we've cleared that up. (And to be honest, with the Lamenter dead, we'll have a much better chance at winning this game.)

Also, Cat5, why did you chose not to unvote shade?

Because I was in a position where I couldn't decide what I wanted to do for a vote. After waking up and getting ready for work, I had about three minutes to read what had happened over night (which was absolutely nothing) and decide what I wanted to do with my vote. My considered moves were leaving the vote on Shade, moving to Jeod, or just unvoting. I didn't have a particularly good read either way.

Shade himself hadn't really done much to get suspicion from me, although I thought I was getting an interesting reaction from others for having the vote on him, namely Jeod. I was considering maybe I was getting a reaction from a potential teammate even if Shade wasn't responding poorly.

Jeod had been getting my attention because he seemed a little too anxious to push the idea he was town, and was presenting ideas that didn't really prove anything as evidence of his alignment. And attacking FRAYDO for reasons that also apply to himself doesn't sit well with me. At the same time, I have concerns that he could actually be fully truthful. Because of the time restrictions, if I was going to change my vote, I was going to have to do it without making much of an explanation, which I didn't really want to do.

Then there was the idea of unvoting, which was appealing in the sense that I wouldn't directly influence the vote between Jeod and Shade anymore, which might be useful if other information comes up later, but I generally do not like ending the day without having a vote placed.

After using up all the time I had, I pretty much left my vote as it was because I couldn't decide which direction I wanted to go. If I already had my vote on Jeod or no vote, I probably would have left those as well. I feel bad about it now, because I don't think I would have ended the day with my vote on Shade based on how things went, unless he still fired at me after I unvoted.