[GAME END] Warhammer 40,000: Indomitus Crusade Mafia

Well, naturally my investigation target was Nodlied, and I got the same result as the flip.

I really don't understand what's going on here, though. Nodlied apparently killed himself, which to me looks like it may have been a delayed kill, which may point to Jeod as Jeod has already claimed to have done an action on Nodlied, but Jeod has apparently proven the tracker claim. FRAYDO, you didn't mention it, so I'm guessing you were not drugged?

I don't really like this line on Killing_You. Why would Killing_You leave out a vote on TheIrishman if he was his scum buddy?

7 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Well, naturally my investigation target was Nodlied, and I got the same result as the flip.

I really don't understand what's going on here, though. Nodlied apparently killed himself, which to me looks like it may have been a delayed kill, which may point to Jeod as Jeod has already claimed to have done an action on Nodlied, but Jeod has apparently proven the tracker claim. FRAYDO, you didn't mention it, so I'm guessing you were not drugged?

I don't really like this line on Killing_You. Why would Killing_You leave out a vote on TheIrishman if he was his scum buddy?

Indeed, and why wouldn't scum try to kill you? Might be time for ability claims.

Alright, I'm going to run under the assumption that Nodlied was killed by the Mafia, and his self kill is just flavor.

This tells me that the scum team was threatened by Nodlied, but not Cat5. This somewhat goes along with my suspicion on Cat5, but the problem is Cat5 is too smart to kill someone he was setting up for a lynch. If he had a backup plan, he would've put out a suspect by now. I think Cat5 is in the clear for now.

So either we have a godfather, or someone who thinks Cat5 won't investigate them. I'm going to cross-reference this info with the non-voters from yesterday and see what I come up with.

Yeah, no matter what approach we take, we're going to run into an apparent contradiction somewhere. Finding scum in this mess is going to require finding out which contradiction isn't really there. I have today and tomorrow off, so hopefully I can spend some of my free time to try to figure this out.

Regarding your last point Killing_You, given that I listed everyone and had only one suspect, the Mafia team had to be sure I was going to investigate that one suspect. Motivations for killing him then would be to remove someone I was actually going to clear as town (as far as they knew anyway). Then they could take that and use the idea that I said the lynch should be between myself and Nodlied if I survive, and use Nodlied's town reveal against me. Nodlied being Third Party perhaps threw a wrench into that plan. I also think it's possible or maybe even likely that the drugging thing that Nodlied reported was a delayed nightkill and was going to happen anyway, so all the prior would just be a coincidental bonus.

21 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I feel like I'm remembering something wrong about the drugging thing. I'll have to figure that out when I review the game later.

I've also confirmed my tracking ability, which would make me a more urgent threat to scum than you as of last night. What if we suppose that FRAYDO drugged Nodlied, causing the target switch, and it was a delayed kill? Then he visited himself last night due to a cooldown?

Let's go back to the list Cat5 made last night.

On 6/17/2018 at 2:17 AM, Category 5 Hurricane said:
Players Reason not scum
Blujet Voted on by TheIrishman
Cat5 Is Cop
FRAYDO Town cop result
Irishman DEAD SCUM
iLikeToSnipe DEAD
Jeod Voted TheIrishman
Killing You Voted TheIrishman
Nodlied DEAD THIRD PARTY
Shade DEAD

Let's see what it would take to resolve these contradictions. Please bear in mind that each of these supposes that the person in question is, in fact, scum.

-Blujet would have to be lynchproof scum.

-Cat5 would've had to willingly sacrifice his lynch set up.

-FRAYDO would've had to be able to fool the cop report.

-Jeod would've had to have no issue flipping so suddenly on his scumbuddy.

-I would've had to have no issue leaving a vote on my scumbuddy for the 40+ hours I was away, knowing I wouldn't be available to change my vote in the mean time.

Initially, the most likely of these contradictions looks to be Cat5. His lack of a Plan B, however, tells me this isn't the case. I'm starting to think FRAYDO might be a Godfather after all. There's just one problem with this.

27 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I've also confirmed my tracking ability, which would make me a more urgent threat to scum than you as of last night. What if we suppose that FRAYDO drugged Nodlied, causing the target switch, and it was a delayed kill? Then he visited himself last night due to a cooldown?

Assuming this is the case, would this mean that if Irish hadn't been lynched, scum would've essentially been able to make 2 kills? That's the only part that puzzles me.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Usually when scum have multiple ways of making kills, one method always has priority and would cause the others to fail, so that there can never be more than one kill per night.

If that's the case, then what if Irish was the one who poisoned Nodlied? And if we assume the scum team has knowledge of the poison effect being a delayed kill, FRAYDO "visited" himself because he knew there was a tracker on the field, and he wanted to let the delayed kill do the work for him? After all, he was confident to vote me up and use just a snippet of my analysis as evidence.

##vote FRAYDO

Ball's in your court. Convince me otherwise.

23 hours ago, Jeod said:

I’m betting nodlied wasnt capable of killing me n1 and that FRAYDO bussed himself with nodlied n2.

Which leaves the remaining scum with an unexplained absence for n2.

I want to clarify with this theory, does this mean you think that Nodlied didn't kill for some reason on Night 1, and whoever the scum is didn't do a kill on Night 2?

I also want to add, as my lack of knowledge on the source material might mean I'm missing something important, my report on Nodlied included that he may be loyal to the emperor, but may not be loyal to town. Now obviously that made him Third Party, but I'm not sure if there are other implications. Those of you who have flavor knowledge, does that tell us anything useful?

32 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I want to clarify with this theory, does this mean you think that Nodlied didn't kill for some reason on Night 1, and whoever the scum is didn't do a kill on Night 2?

It would have to mean Nodlied wasn’t a killing tp role. As far as I know I have no might protection.

2 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I also want to add, as my lack of knowledge on the source material might mean I'm missing something important, my report on Nodlied included that he may be loyal to the emperor, but may not be loyal to town. Now obviously that made him Third Party, but I'm not sure if there are other implications. Those of you who have flavor knowledge, does that tell us anything useful?

This may mean that he was loyal to the emperor, but not trust everyone else, however, a night kill ability for a commissar does not make sense, as the whole reason they execute people is to make an example of them. So I don't think this tells us anything of use that we don't already know (TP alignment.)

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

It would have to mean Nodlied wasn’t a killing tp role. As far as I know I have no might protection.

If we do think Nodlied had nightkills and just couldn’t hit me because I’m a Necron, then we have to know why he wanted to kill KY. That was his initial target.

Just to clarify, we're in Day 3 right? The topic title needs a fix. I could do it, but I'll leave it to you GM.

21 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

FRAYDO, you didn't mention it, so I'm guessing you were not drugged?

NoDrugs.jpeg

No. At least, not to my knowledge. Who has been drugged?

Re-reading through the thread, I have to wonder about Category 5. He dodged Shade's shot, which falls in line with the theory that vanilla roles cannot kill power roles. That was also when iLTS mentioned the possibility of Cat5 being a Psyker. Using flavor as the basis and running under the assumption that the Commisar's death was a suicide, it's a likely scenario Cat5 is responsible for Nodlied's death having possessed his mind and having him shoot himself. His cop claims can be very suspicious. Of course he would know my alignment if he is scum, and it's convenient that he had a report on the flipped TP when asked for his report.

6 hours ago, Jeod said:

Far-fetched. Too far-fetched. In fact, I have just the item to cure potential drugging/poisoning. More at the end of this post.

23 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Alright, timeout for just a second guys. Did you just skim over my post? I was constructing a scenario where Cat5 and Irish were on a scum team. Can't exactly assume Blujet would've been scum under those circumstances, can I? I'm not saying that I'm 100% sure, but under that scenario, I had to assume Blujet was town.

You shouldn't assume what you don't know, no matter what percent(%) sure or unsure you are. You are still a high suspect for me, and if anything today should be between you and Cat5.

5 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Ball's in your court. Convince me otherwise.

(Disclaimer: Not to be confused with Doctor. I just have medkits available to treat poisoning.)

Nodlied mentioned "something about a bottle of Booze" during Day 2, thinking it being connected to why his action found the wrong target. Known to target him at the time was Jeod.

Also known to target you today is Jeod. So, if someone were to have "something about a bottle of Booze" to you, would your action have prevented that from taking effect?

14 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

You shouldn't assume what you don't know, no matter what percent(%) sure or unsure you are. You are still a high suspect for me, and if anything today should be between you and Cat5.

Come on, you're a smart man. It was an "if/then" scenario, as in "If Cat5 and Irish are scum, then everyone else is town." I don't know how else to explain this. 

16 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Far-fetched. Too far-fetched. In fact, I have just the item to cure potential drugging/poisoning. More at the end of this post.

(Disclaimer: Not to be confused with Doctor. I just have medkits available to treat poisoning.)

Interestingly enough, this lines up with the theory that Nodlied was poisoned.

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I may be off the mark on this idea that it was a delayed kill anyway. The death flavor says he was killed with his own weapon, which I originally read as that he killed himself, but it may also just be basic flavor for how Nodlied was killed and not really mean anything.

And Cat5 dismissing the possibillity soon after is a bit suspicious.

##unvote

9 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Nodlied mentioned "something about a bottle of Booze" during Day 2, thinking it being connected to why his action found the wrong target. Known to target him at the time was Jeod.

Also known to target you today is Jeod. So, if someone were to have "something about a bottle of Booze" to you, would your action have prevented that from taking effect?

No, I cannot prevent such an action from taking effect.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

MAFIA EDIT: Aw crap, I had something else to say.

I'll be around for hammer tomorrow. My vote is going to be between Cat5 and FRAYDO. I'm convinced one of those two is our remaining scum. 

How wrong you are.

If Cat5's cop report is to be believed, then I am Town.

If Cat5's cop report is thought to be faked, then why would he label me as Town?

Either way you look at it, I am Town, you heretic.