Command and Conquer Rivals announced

I wouldn't mind a C&C game set in either 4 universes (Generals, Red Alert 3, Red Alert 1 &/or 2, Tiberium) based on the Battlefield Franchise... IT COULD in theory work if they keep to the original practice that Renegade had, but instead of pure "base destruction" win conditions, they'll have capture points as strategic objectives or maybe stick to a new base expansion mechanic/base destruction game mode like in Renegade.... Who knows... All we know is that EA will most likely never make a C&C game or something of quality in the franchise because of the iron bar to the nuts that is "C&C Rivals".

Best case scenario; this ends up being a nice, kind of fun if rudimentary RTS that dies after a month or two. Worst case scenario, it's Dungeon Keeper Mobile 2.

Not going to lie, I'm expecting it to suck, but I hope it ends up actually being good.

I'm not gonna lie, but @ganein14's avatar sums up the whole Rivals reveal perfectly all in 1 gif.

OH Did I also mention you could play as SETH? Yeah this guy: sethdie.gifyou know, the guy who KANE KILLED IN THE FIRST GAME?

You can also play as Anton Slavik, ANOTHER GUY WHO WAS KILLED BUT OFFSCREEN IN TIBERIAN SUN.

Edited by MPRA2

Tiberium Alliances, for what it was during beta, was actually fun for a browser game. Until the game got close to launch, where a series of patched slowed down the late gameplay to 'a few clicks a day' to make room for monetization schemes, then it just became terrible.

When it was fast paced you constantly needed to keep an eye on your bases, making it the perfect game to hang on a browser tab while you did other things, you always had to keep an eye on it so you could react to a hostile player or base creeper. And I dare say that it had more strategy involved than Rivals does.

On 6/14/2018 at 10:42 PM, Raap said:

Tiberium Alliances, for what it was during beta, was actually fun for a browser game. Until the game got close to launch, where a series of patched slowed down the late gameplay to 'a few clicks a day' to make room for monetization schemes, then it just became terrible.

When it was fast paced you constantly needed to keep an eye on your bases, making it the perfect game to hang on a browser tab while you did other things, you always had to keep an eye on it so you could react to a hostile player or base creeper. And I dare say that it had more strategy involved than Rivals does.

Please say it's at least better than that piece of shit

14 hours ago, Inferno said:

Please say it's at least better than that piece of shit

I haven't played Rivals, I do not intend to either since mobile games are not my thing. Phones are for calling people, for everything else I use my PC. #OldPeople?

But if you compare TA to Rivals on paper then out of two shallow games there can only be one "winner", and TA would currently win this simply based on still having some actual strategy components - which of course got mostly trimmed down to make monetization work, but oh well. Oh, and Rivals has gambling boxes. Fuck gambling boxes.

Actually, YES EA ADD GAMBLING BOXES! The more the better; Add enough and your game is triggering new EU laws against this predatory practice. I would not weep if they were not allowed to launch this pile of cash grabbing horse shit in the EU.

Edited by Raap

2 hours ago, Raap said:

I haven't played Rivals, I do not intend to either since mobile games are not my thing. Phones are for calling people, for everything else I use my PC. #OldPeople?

But if you compare TA to Rivals on paper then out of two shallow games there can only be one "winner", and TA would currently win this simply based on still having some actual strategy components - which of course got mostly trimmed down to make monetization work, but oh well. Oh, and Rivals has gambling boxes. Fuck gambling boxes.

Actually, YES EA ADD GAMBLING BOXES! The more the better; Add enough and your game is triggering new EU laws against this predatory practice. I would not weep if they were not allowed to launch this pile of cash grabbing horse shit in the EU.

So you're assuming TA is better while not having played it. Me, I can imagine very few game worse than TA. But I don't know, EA never fails to surprise.

On 6/16/2018 at 7:36 PM, Inferno said:

So you're assuming TA is better while not having played it. Me, I can imagine very few game worse than TA. But I don't know, EA never fails to surprise.

I've seen the gameplay and learned all I care to learn about it after half a minute.

Monetized, level imbalanced, one-to-one tactical-level gameplay without any of the core C&C RTS pillars. 

As for TA, please note I described the pre-launch non-monetized version. I have no idea what they did with it after launching officially since that is when I quit due to the previously mentioned change of direction.

Edited by Raap

4 hours ago, Raap said:

As for TA, please note I described the pre-launch non-monetized version. I have no idea what they did with it after launching officially since that is when I quit due to the previously mentioned change of direction.

It wasn't pretty.