APB Stats Page Overhaul

9g1p5cl.png
https://www.w3dhub.com/ranks/apb/

Thanks to the hard work of moonsense715, rantanplan and the team , our APB Stats page has just been completely overhauled! Sporting a more modern and clean look, our stats page is a sight to see. The overhaul itself was primarily made to better support mobile devices.

click for big

The menu, located to the left, offers easy and convenient access to the other pages of our statistics. Find your place on the Overall Ladder, check the Rankings to see what it takes to be promoted to Praporshchik, and read over the Achievements page and understand what you actually had done to earn them!

On the front page, you can see what is currently happening in the game. The front page offers you detailed information from the current map, the number of players in the server, and which buildings remain operational and which are destroyed.

QXeIIGB.png

With over a year in production, we expect everything to be in order. If you do find bugs or issues, please report them to our bug tracker and moonsense715 will be happy to look at it!

Now take your time and look around on the Stats page. Revel in your K/D, see how you stack up against the others on the rankings, manage your clan, or just be in awe of how amazing it all looks!

[thumb]thumb_apb.a.png [/thumb]

[blurb]Thanks to the hard work of moonsense715, rantanplan and the team , our APB Stats page has just been completely overhauled! Sporting a more modern and clean look, our stats page is a sight to see. The overhaul itself was primarily made to better support mobile devices.[/blurb]

Glad to have reached this stage :)

What this "adds" on top of being able to browse it with a mobile device and the many style changes, is a screenshot of the currently played map, and finally a list of all the achievements.

The rank plugin that is ingame has also been under development and still is, as the page is.

Nice work. I kind of wonder, would it be possible to preview live gameplay somehow? I'm not saying a full web-based spectator mode (that'd be crazy), but more like a snap shot of a battle. Not an easy thing to pull off I'm sure, given that you effectively need to create a whole set of systems for determining what a player driven battle even IS, how to capture it, and how to push it to a web page. Come to think of it, in-engine spectator mode would be easier to pull off...

One more thing, APB runs on a single server right now. What would happen to the statistics logging if more than one server is used? Can several servers push data to the same database without conflicting results? I'd say this is rather important considering that if population ever increases notably then, well, an NA based server has been long overdue. Right now, I feel for anyone playing W3D games with more than 30 ping, since the netcode really doesn't like that and offers limited compensation due to practically zero prediction systems... But, I ramble!

Edited by Raap

I wanted to do ingame "live" screenshots, but we crashed into a few problems. First, you'd need a robot client to join the server, go somewhere specific and take a screenshot. I don't know how to do this at all (the joining part of a bot client). Uploading the screenshot for display is easy.

If this becomes a thing ever, then it needs to be not a live feed (needs a delay) and not show bases. Otherwise it could be used as a free live feed of the enemy base if a player alt-tabs to keep looking at it.

Multiple servers for APB statistics is doable with a few changes.

Heh, aren't some of those achievements extremely hard or impossible?

Dominatrix - On Forest of Illusion, lead your team to victory by domination points and be named MVP in a Tanya tournament.

AFAIK FoI got benched a while back and is no longer in rotation, right?

Death to Traitors - Kill 5 different British / French / German players who are on the Soviet team, or Russian / Ukrainian players who are on the Allied team.

*Ahem* You sure you want this one around? ;) It might be better to change this into killing a player for the first time after he switched teams mid-session, and not be based on their real world location. Besides, putting Russians and Ukrainians in the same boat can be a touchy subject.

Other than those two the rest seem fine! Whoever makes these; Consider a few more map-specific ones (for maps not likely to leave rotation)!

Edited by Raap

1 hour ago, Raap said:

*Ahem* You sure you want this one around? ;) It might be better to change this into killing a player for the first time after he switched teams mid-session, and not be based on their real world location. Besides, putting Russians and Ukrainians in the same boat can be a touchy subject.

It's based on RA multiplayer countries. The only choices were England, France, Germany, Russia, Ukraine, the first 3 were Allied and the last 2 were Soviet.

1 hour ago, Raap said:

AFAIK FoI got benched a while back and is no longer in rotation, right?

Other than those two the rest seem fine! Whoever makes these; Consider a few more map-specific ones (for maps not likely to leave rotation)!

Rantanplan does the coding, he put them in 2 years ago (though I came up with most of the ideas) and he hasn't been seen for a long time, so right now it's looking grim on the front of replacing outdated, impossible achievements such as Dominatrix with new ones. All I've been able to do is do minor code fixes so that, for instance, Range Quit and The Holy Grail aren't broken anymore.

14 hours ago, Pushwall said:

It's based on RA multiplayer countries. The only choices were England, France, Germany, Russia, Ukraine, the first 3 were Allied and the last 2 were Soviet.

Rantanplan does the coding, he put them in 2 years ago (though I came up with most of the ideas) and he hasn't been seen for a long time, so right now it's looking grim on the front of replacing outdated, impossible achievements such as Dominatrix with new ones. All I've been able to do is do minor code fixes so that, for instance, Range Quit and The Holy Grail aren't broken anymore.

Ah, I was under the impression new ones were added as I didn't recognize some of them.

On 7/3/2018 at 11:35 AM, OrangeP47 said:

Though that said, I noticed the signatures stopped updating awhile ago, and still don't update now.  Is this related?

An issue that has been in the works for some time. We're searching for a new method to generate user signatures that doesn't overload our ftp server. With the total 0f 2000+ players who have joined the APB server, that's 2000+ images generated and uploaded to it. @moonsense715 and @danpaul88 are on this case.

That's one option. I'll forward that to the stats guys. However, we would want it to be dynamic as well so it updates regularly. This method sounds like a player would have to manually generate a new signature each time they make progress.

8 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

That's one option. I'll forward that to the stats guys. However, we would want it to be dynamic as well so it updates regularly. This method sounds like a player would have to manually generate a new signature each time they make progress.

We can generate images on request, like the Map Stats graphs ;)

• 2 weeks later...