APB: We Know Drama

The content of this thread is actually out of the ordinary compared to "normal" around here (and we kinda prefer it that way). We've had a pretty pleasant time of peace during the APB Delta years and have enjoyed it quite a lot. Speaking of Delta, check it out! Its always changing, and usually for the better.

I honestly wish I even had time anymore. I’m lucky to get in two hours of gaming after work, and it’s normally on backlog. Out of the ordinary is good once in a while. Keeps the blood flowing. I’ll check it out again sometime. Maybe if @OWA ever releases AR :v

1 hour ago, Coolrock said:

I honestly wish I even had time anymore. I’m lucky to get in two hours of gaming after work, and it’s normally on backlog. Out of the ordinary is good once in a while. Keeps the blood flowing. I’ll check it out again sometime. Maybe if @OWA ever releases AR :v

AR is still gonna be the best game ever. Promise. ;)

Yeah, APB's history has a lot of trouble spots, but so does any project that spans over a decade.

Things hit boiling point during the tail end of BHP's days, but I was fortunate enough to have missed most of that given that I left the team in '08 due to... Drama! 

But with all that said and done, when APB transitioned over to W3DHub and launched Delta things have probably never been better. Sure, the publicity and population of Beta is not here anymore, but neither is the mess that came with it. Further more, having seen firsthand the different project leads that handled APB, I can safely say @Pushwall is the best person for the job.

On 7/10/2018 at 4:10 PM, OrangeP47 said:

I'll admit, there's been a few times when preparing for a light rush where Gary has been waiting beside me and the absurdity of the situation goes through my mind. Gary's turned over a new leaf, yo.

Wait what lol

@Sammy: From your comments it looks like you really took offence to what I said. I'm sorry. I never meant to insult you, and overall, you should never take anything I say too seriously. I'm actually quite the retard, you see. 

2 hours ago, GaryOak said:

Wait what lol

@Sammy: From your comments it looks like you really took offence to what I said. I'm sorry. I never meant to insult you, and overall, you should never take anything I say too seriously. I'm actually quite the retard, you see. 

I'm a big fan of Pokemon. It just doesn't feel right to go into a TANK battle side by side with someone named after Gary, of all people :P

7 hours ago, Raap said:

Sure, the publicity and population of Beta is not here anymore

Honestly it feels more popular than Beta these days. It's easy to see the Beta days with rose-colored glasses. Difficult to remember that there were also a great many days with no activity at all.

4 hours ago, GaryOak said:

Wait what lol

No worries Gary, I think we are all on the same page except sammy. You said nothing wrong here and have no reason to apologize (though I do appreciate you doing it anyway). If anyone should apologize, it should be sammy.

15 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Honestly it feels more popular than Beta these days. It's easy to see the Beta days with rose-colored glasses. Difficult to remember that there were also a great many days with no activity at all.

But oh the minutes that seemed like hours when we would wait for the server count to drop to 27 :v

4 hours ago, ChopBam said:

No rose tinted glasses here. I might have inaccurate information at worst.

We did have a lot more publicity back then however, that is a fact. But as I mentioned, that was also about the only good thing. The working environment at BHP was very "rough" to the point where I limited myself intentionally to only deal with a few people within the team (such as yourself, ChronoJam, and PointlessAmbler (if I got this name right)). I spoke to others of course but not that often.

Then I kinda snapped eventually after sitting on the sidelines so long watching the nonsense certain individuals spewed out, I commented on it within the internal forum and then shit escalated quickly. I didn't care to work in a 'team' with people who acted like children and at that point I resigned (Edit: Actually I resigned after CJ accused my bringing up of the topic as part of ACK's plan to bring down BHP, I mean seriously, what the fuck?).

And unfortunately the only thing I really accomplished was a never-ending set of bug fix lists, there was never time for me to actually create anything new.

So yeah, no. No rose tinted glasses my good sir! Just salt. A lot of salt.

Edited by Raap

5 hours ago, Raap said:

And unfortunately the only thing I really accomplished was a never-ending set of bug fix lists, there was never time for me to actually create anything new.

I feel you there, man.

On 7/12/2018 at 5:29 AM, Raap said:

No rose tinted glasses here. I might have inaccurate information at worst.

We did have a lot more publicity back then however, that is a fact. But as I mentioned, that was also about the only good thing. The working environment at BHP was very "rough" to the point where I limited myself intentionally to only deal with a few people within the team (such as yourself, ChronoJam, and PointlessAmbler (if I got this name right)). I spoke to others of course but not that often.

Then I kinda snapped eventually after sitting on the sidelines so long watching the nonsense certain individuals spewed out, I commented on it within the internal forum and then shit escalated quickly. I didn't care to work in a 'team' with people who acted like children and at that point I resigned (Edit: Actually I resigned after CJ accused my bringing up of the topic as part of ACK's plan to bring down BHP, I mean seriously, what the fuck?).

So yeah, no. No rose tinted glasses my good sir! Just salt. A lot of salt.

ACK had a plan?

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

ACK had a plan?

ACK, aka @Synaesthesia was, at the time, being suspected of steering up drama (for the record, I never witnessed anything that would give credit to that bizarre theory).

During this time I had my disagreement with how BHP was operating, and I also happened to have private dialog with ACK via email about some of his work. This was a friendly conversation not even remotely related to BHP or APB. Unfortunately, some people are vulnerable to extreme paranoia, so when someone "dug for info" and found I had a dialog with ACK, they (I won't mention names) kinda went from unfriendly to hostile quite quickly, making my decision to leave final.

Wew, dredging up some old and long dead horses here!

5 minutes ago, Raap said:

ACK, aka @Synaesthesia was, at the time, being suspected of steering up drama (for the record, I never witnessed anything that would give credit to that bizarre theory).

During this time I had my disagreement with how BHP was operating, and I also happened to have private dialog with ACK via email about some of his work. This was a friendly conversation not even remotely related to BHP or APB. Unfortunately, some people are vulnerable to extreme paranoia, so when someone "dug for info" and found I had a dialog with ACK, they (I won't mention names) kinda went from unfriendly to hostile quite quickly, making my decision to leave final.

Wew, dredging up some old and long dead horses here!

Well, I’d argue those suspicions could be justified given his time at n00bstories, but whatever.

8 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Well, I’d argue those suspicions could be justified given his time at n00bstories, but whatever.

I did not really intend for this to be brought back up, I just tried to clarify that particular moment.

My interaction with John was never bad, whatever tension existed, I was never part of it.

4 minutes ago, Raap said:

My interaction with John was never bad, whatever tension existed, I was never part of it.

I totally get what you're saying here, but there were serious tensions between John and the team. Try to see it from the team's perspective. They may have been paranoid from your perspective, but from their perspective, you may have been the paranoid one, being that you were collaborating privately with him. Take the situation as a whole, and clarification becomes more genuine. :)

14 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I totally get what you're saying here, but there were serious tensions between John and the team. Try to see it from the team's perspective. They may have been paranoid from your perspective, but from their perspective, you may have been the paranoid one, being that you were collaborating privately with him. Take the situation as a whole, and clarification becomes more genuine. :)

Paranoid people jump to conclusions quickly.

A sensible approach would have been to ask me what it was about, not performing a stoning. 

"Collaborating", come on Chop, that's a pretty crazy word choice for a few email exchanges that had noting to do with anything that could have been considered relevant to BHP or APB.

For one reason or another the team was on edge over something unrelated to myself and I happened to be a convenient frustration release target.

Edit: spelling herps

ANYWAY! I did not want to bring up actual drama in a dead horse topic. I should have avoided mentioning this but I did, so I tried to clarify. To me it is all in the past, I hold no grudges. Sure I would have liked if things went differently but I'd like to think everyone had a reason for how they acted, even if they were objectively terrible reasons. I'm going to stop responding to this topic now as I think I explained it adequately.

Edited by Raap

1 hour ago, BigJoe said:

hi coolrock i don't know if you're still looking at this thread but hi anyway

also hi to anyone else who might see this

Hey sir, long time no see! I was wondering who that was on my Steam list, and now I know! Actually still being surprised by who''s around still.

Also the fact that Aircraftkiller has changed his name again, haha.