W3D Hub is looking for hobby programmers!

OWA

Let's hope some people catch this. W3D is a lovely versatile engine and it could be pushed forward simply by having more programmer hands on the team.

It is worth pointing out the user accessibility as well I'd think. Compared to the UDK for example, W3D is much more approachable for common multiplayer game types; First and third person shooters and games with RPG elements.

Me, as someone who does not program, is able to spin out levels for games within the engine that offer very unique gameplay using the script library that has been created over the years.

Make sure you post this on gamer-oriented outlets and not just programmer outlets. Chance is significant that the people you're looking for are also gamers, after all!

Edited by Raap

17 hours ago, Dghelneshi said:

Would love to apply, but I feel like I can't really commit to this. I have significant issues preventing me from working regular hours, let alone do hobby work. Hopefully I can do something about that because I've been wanting to take a casual look at the W3D engine myself and this sounds like a really great opportunity and involves a lot of things I find interesting.

There is always "the modders" group which is not the Staff usergroup but has intensive support from us to poke around the engine.

1 hour ago, moonsense715 said:

There is always "the modders" group which is not the Staff usergroup but has intensive support from us to poke around the engine.

We'll be launching this soon hopefully!

On 7/15/2018 at 7:25 AM, GraYaSDF said:

It could be a huge fun to join, but... eh, Jonwil will reject me anyway, even if I apply by myself, lol)) We discussed it already. I prefer to compose music instead. And yes, I like Chronicles of Dune.

Well, if you still want to get involved there are always other ways

• 1 year later...