Stealth Suit

@Kaskins

Hi Kaskins. On you Industrial Strength map is a Stealth suit spawn. How were you able to do that? With Iron City almost being done, I’m working on a death match map and would like to know how you got yours to work. I saw a suit under “special power ups” in the LE presets, but when I place it and test it on LAN, nothing happens. 

@trunkskgb

Hi trunkskgb

Well it doesn't work because the stealth suit spawn powerup is blank. If you take a look at the info/ script tab at the preset. There is nothing, so the game do not know what to do with it. In lan it doesn't work because there is no script attached to it.

However, on the server is a different thing, as the server side had a code or a plugin that tells "POW_Stealth_Suit" provide stealth to the player who picked it up. You will be good to go to put on a server which I presume will be at MPF and it will surely work.

Unless you decided to temp out "POW_Stealth_Suit" into something like "My_Stealth_Suit" I do not think it will work unless you attached a script to it which unfortunately I am not sure what script or the server side plugin to find "My_Stealth_Suit" to have stealth provided when pick up.

I hope this helps

StealthSuitNothingThere.jpg

@KaskinsAnother question since you did a lot of working modding weapons... on MPF right now is a Turbo Flamethrower with an ammo clip of 999/999 instead of the normal, 100/999. How do I mod weapons in LE (assuming I do this in LE) to give them ammo clips of 999/999 just like that flamethrower? 

Stealth power-ups always required a bit of trickery to set up. They still got issues in APB as well due to conflicting with the Gap logic (or used to, at least).

Bit of a side note, and this might not be relevant what so ever for your Renegade levels, but W3DHub and Renegade no longer use the same scripts version. So while you might not notice it now, there could be a time where things are done notably different in W3D projects compared to Renegade projects.

16 hours ago, trunkskgb said:

@KaskinsAnother question since you did a lot of working modding weapons... on MPF right now is a Turbo Flamethrower with an ammo clip of 999/999 instead of the normal, 100/999. How do I mod weapons in LE (assuming I do this in LE) to give them ammo clips of 999/999 just like that flamethrower? 

4 hours ago, moonsense715 said:

Make both the ammo and clipcount -1 on the flamethrower weapon preset.

Like what Moonsense715 said, you put negative -1 means it is infinite. But you can still manually reload if you want to.

On 7/19/2018 at 4:09 AM, moonsense715 said:

Make both the ammo and clipcount -1 on the flamethrower weapon preset.

When you say set ammo & clip to -1 (infinite/999) I understand that, and I have all my spawn weapons with Infinite ammo (I try to at least), but I don't see an option for "Clip", unless you mean "Grant Weapon Clips" as seen in the picture above. Am I correct?

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.a592ea7f5df212a55de1244374d13d51.jpg

Another question I have is, does Level Edit "prefer" textures to be named without certain characters? Does it allow underscores & dashes? I only ask because I recently made a new building in 3ds Max, went out myself and downloaded new textures ( maybe it's file size, is TOO big of a size a no-no?) and exported to LE (no errors when exporting), and when I load LE, it crashes. If I go back into max and REMOVE the building, and re-export it into LE, it's fine. There's a problem with the building and I don't know what it could be.

All the w3d settings are fine, I've done nothing different except get new textures, which I've done that before already in this map, so I'm really lost.

What could it be?

Infinite ammo in a clip is set in the Weapon definition, not the Powerup.

Find the flamethrower weapon somewhere in Munitions -> Weapon.

Need more info about that texture crash. TGA/DDS files are allowed. Best dimensions are 128x128, 256x256, 512,512, etc. Multiples of two, preferably square. Don't go over 2048x2048.